MLS - News
FC Dallas defeats Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 in MLS Cup Playoffs Knockout Round
The MLS Cup Playoffs kicked off in dramatic fashion on Wednesday night as FC Dallas scored a penalty kick goal with six minutes remaining to knock off the visiting Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 in the Western Conference Knockout Round at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas.
MLS Cup Playoffs knockout round beckons for four hopeful clubs
The 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs will get underway on Wednesday, October 29 as the first of two Knockout Rounds kicks off when FC Dallas host Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Toyota Stadium at 9:00 p.m. ET (TSN1).
The future of the MLS rookie experience (part 4 of 4)
At the beginning of this season, the Columbus Crew’s Aaron Schoenfeld was buried deep on the club’s bench and his stock was sinking fast. “He couldn’t get traction, he couldn’t get game time in preseason, so he was behind,” said Crew head ...
MLS officially shuts down Chivas USA; new LA club to kick off in 2017
Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber announced today a new strategy for the Los Angeles market. Effective immediately, Chivas USA will cease operations. On Thursday, Oct. 30, the League will announce a new MLS Los Angeles club and ownership group. The new club will begin play in 2017.
MLS Cup Playoffs schedule announced
The 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs begin on Wednesday, Oct. 29, when FC Dallas host Vancouver Whitecaps FC in a single-game Knockout Match. On Thursday, Oct. 30, New York Red Bulls host Sporting Kansas City in the other Knockout Match.
San Jose Earthquakes fall 1-0 to Chivas USA in final regular season match
The San Jose Earthquakes fell 1-0 against Chivas USA in their final game of 2014 at the StubHub Center on Sunday.
Columbus Crew beats Philadelphia Union on 90th-minute winner, secures home start in 2014 MLS Cup Pl...
The Columbus Crew (14-10-10, 52 points) was victorious via a 90th-minute goal from Bernardo Anor, beating the Philadelphia Union (10-12-12, 42 points) by a final score of 2-1 at Columbus Crew Stadium in the regular-season finale on Sunday, October 26.
End of DP era? Red Bulls “have to go youthful, 100 percent,” says Petke
Harrison, N.J. — The final score was inconsequential. It had the air of a preseason friendly as the New York Red Bulls were already eliminated from the CONCACAF Champions League when they played the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night. However, it may hav...
Portland Timbers conclude season with third straight clean sheet in 2-0 win
The Portland Timbers tallied their third consecutive clean sheet, receiving goals from midfielder Darlington Nagbe and forward Maximiliano Urruti in a 2-0 win against FC Dallas before 17,231 fans at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas, on Saturday night to conclude the team’s 2014 MLS campaign.
Seattle Sounders FC claims 2014 MLS Supporters’ Shield with 2-0 victory over LA Galaxy
In front of an energized crowd of 57,673 at CenturyLink Field, Seattle Sounders FC (20-10-4, 64 points) topped the Los Angeles Galaxy (18-9-14, 61 points) by a score of 2-0 to claim the 2014 MLS Supporters' Shield.
MLS - Notes & Boasts
- 10/29/14 Columbus Crew sign midfielder Mohammed Saeid
- 10/28/14 Portland Timbers midfielder Diego Valeri undergoes surgery for torn AC...
- 10/28/14 Seattle Sounders FC signs forward Obafemi Martins to contract extensio...
- 10/28/14 Seattle Sounders FC midfielder Marco Pappa voted MLS Player of the Wee...
- 10/27/14 Orlando City SC signs Luke Boden and Harrison Heath
- 10/26/14 New York Red Bulls forward Bradley Wright-Phillips wins 2014 MLS Golde...
- 10/22/14 New York Red Bulls announce plans to expand Red Bull Training Facility
- 10/22/14 U.S. Soccer, MLS partner with IMG to market media rights until 2022
- 10/22/14 Portland Timbers’ CONCACAF Champions League run ends with 3-1 lo...
- 10/20/14 New England Revolution midfielder Lee Nguyen voted MLS Player of the W...
- 10/19/14 Columbus Crew clinch spot in 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs
- 10/17/14 Columbus Crew sign homegrown player Ben Swanson
- 10/15/14 San Jose Earthquakes announce Dominic Kinnear to return as head coach...
- 10/15/14 Dominic Kinnear resigns as Houston Dynamo head coach
- 10/15/14 Portland Timbers, Seattle Sounders FC launch USL PRO teams