MLS - News
This Week in MLS: Curtain comes down on regular season with much to play for
With one game left for teams in the MLS regular season, there is much still to be played for.
The MLS rookie experience: Learning on the job (part 2 of 4)
One of the toughest challenges for any young soccer player is making it into the starting 11. For some players, making the 18-man roster is an achievement in its own right. Consider that in the past two years, rookie players drafted by the Portland Timbers hav...
Red Bulls lose badly in what could prove Thierry Henry’s final home game in MLS
Harrison, N.J. — Although he hasn’t admitted either way, it is expected that French striker Thierry Henry will no longer be a New York Red Bulls player after this season. Sunday’s match against the Columbus Crew could’ve been the last time...
Clint Dempsey, Lamar Neagle key second half comeback as Seattle Sounders FC draws LA Galaxy 2-2
Clint Dempsey and Lamar Neagle scored second half goals as Seattle Sounders FC (19-10-4, 61 points) came from behind to draw, 2-2, with the LA Galaxy (17-6-10, 61 points) on Sunday evening at the StubHub Center.
Columbus Crew earns second straight road win with 3-1 victory over New York Red Bulls
The Columbus Crew (13-10-10, 49 points) scored three goals on the road for the second consecutive week, beating the New York Red Bulls (12-10-11, 47 points) by a final score of 3-1 at Red Bull Arena on Sunday, October 19.
San Jose Earthquakes play to scoreless draw vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC in final match at Buck Shaw S...
The San Jose Earthquakes played their final game at Buck Shaw Stadium on Saturday against Vancouver Whitecaps FC, drawing 0-0 in front of a sold-out crowd of 10,525.
Pedro Ribeiro, Brian Brown lead Philadelphia Union past Sporting Kansas City, 2-1
Rookie Pedro Ribeiro scored in the 71st minute, lifting the Philadelphia Union past Sporting Kansas City, 2-1, before a crowd of 18,073 Saturday night at PPL Park.
Despite winning East crown, D.C. United know there is still plenty to be done
WASHINGTON — As the fireworks exploded around RFK Stadium, there was a tremendous feeling of celebration that swelled amongst the D.C. United fans that made up the vast majority of the 20,162 in attendance to see them secure Major League Soccer’s (MLS) Eas...
D.C. United secure Eastern Conference crown with 2-1 win over Chicago Fire
WASHINGTON — Against draw specialists Chicago Fire at RFK Stadium, all D.C. United needed was a single point to wrap up their first Eastern Conference title in Major League Soccer (MLS) since 2007 and to also break the league record for the biggest turnaroun...
Portland Timbers record third straight clean sheet at home in scoreless draw vs. Real Salt Lake
Earning a third consecutive clean sheet at home, the Portland Timbers attempted 23 shots – including 18 in the second half – and played Real Salt Lake to a scoreless draw, reclaiming fifth place in the Western Conference standings in the regular-season home finale in front of a sellout crowd 20,814 fans on Friday night at Providence Park.
MLS - Notes & Boasts
- 10/20/14 New England Revolution midfielder Lee Nguyen voted MLS Player of the W...
- 10/19/14 Columbus Crew clinch spot in 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs
- 10/17/14 Columbus Crew sign homegrown player Ben Swanson
- 10/15/14 San Jose Earthquakes announce Dominic Kinnear to return as head coach...
- 10/15/14 Dominic Kinnear resigns as Houston Dynamo head coach
- 10/15/14 Portland Timbers, Seattle Sounders FC launch USL PRO teams
- 10/13/14 Portland Timbers midfielder Diego Valeri Voted MLS Player of the Week
- 10/13/14 New York Red Bulls clinch spot in MLS Cup Playoffs
- 10/10/14 D.C. United Academy’s Kyle Davis called up to U.S. U-14 Boys Nat...
- 10/09/14 D.C. United Homegrown forward Michael Seaton called up to Jamaica Men’...
- 10/09/14 Richmond Kickers announce tryout dates
- 10/08/14 New York Red Bulls-Toronto FC match to be availalbe live on Univision...
- 10/07/14 Chris Wondolowski added to U.S. Men’s National Team roster for u...
- 10/07/14 Philadelphia Union goalkeeper Rais Mbolhi to represent Algerian Nation...
- 10/07/14 DC Stoddert youth league announces support of D.C. United stadium proj...