MLS - News
New England Revolution extends winning streak to five, overcoming Montreal in comeback fashion [HIGH...
Lee Nguyen scored the game-winning goal as the New England Revolution came back to top the Montreal Impact, 2-1, on Saturday night at Gillette Stadium. The goal was Nguyen’s team-leading 13th of the season, and his league-leading seventh game-winner this year.
FC Dallas holds on to beat Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1
Second-half substitute Erik Hurtado scored his fifth goal of the season but it wasn't enough as Vancouver Whitecaps FC (8W-7L-13D) fell 2-1 to FC Dallas (13W-9L-6D) Saturday night at Toyota Stadium.
Andy Rose scores stoppage-time winner to lead Seattle Sounders FC over Real Salt Lake
Andy Rose's stoppage-time winner was the difference as Sounders FC (17-7-3, 54 points) defeated Real Salt Lake (12-6-10, 46 points), 3-2, Friday night on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field.
Sporting KC earns emphatic 4-0 win at Chivas USA on Friday
Sporting Kansas City earned an emphatic 4-0 road victory over Chivas USA on Friday at StubHub Center in Carson, California.
Falling through the cracks: Ramon Martin del Campo’s unconventional soccer odyssey
From the very first moment that he saw Ramon Martin del Campo play, coach Dana Taylor knew he was watching a special player. "As soon as I saw him, I called [the Earthquakes coaching staff] and said 'he's a pro.'"
Vancouver Whitecaps overpower San Jose Earthquakes 2-0
Vancouver Whitecaps FC (8W-6L-13D) put themselves back into a playoff position with a dominant 2-0 win over San Jose Earthquakes (6W-11L-9D) Wednesday night at BC Place.
LA Galaxy storms back in second half to draw Montreal Impact 2-2 [VIDEO]
In a game that was filled with emotion, dedicated to Karl W. Ouimette' sister, the Montreal Impact played the LA Galaxy to a 2-2 draw in a roller coaster matchup at Stade Saputo Wednesday night, holding on to a point after going up by two in the first half on goals by Marco Di Vaio and Ignacio Piatti.
Fabian Espindola’s red the killer vs. RBNY as D.C. United seek solace from road trip
The sending off of Fabian Espindola in the 32nd minute of D.C. United’s 1-0 loss away to the New York Red Bulls may not have been the deciding factor in their defeat, but it changed the complexion of the game from the visitors’ point of view. The United star's ejection was definitely the turning point, writes Chris Teale.
New York Red Bulls wasteful but persistent in crucial 1-0 win over D.C. United
It wasn't pretty, but the points count all the same. The New York Red Bulls secured a crucial 1-0 victory against a 10-man D.C. United on Wednesday, as Lloyd Sam saved the Red Bulls' blushes with a 90th-minute goal to lift the home side to victory in front of a crowd of 14,593 at Red Bull Arena.
MLS - Notes & Boasts
- 09/10/14 Philadelphia Union sign defender Ray Gaddis to new multi-year contract
- 09/09/14 San Jose Earthquakes sign Uruguayan right back Pablo Pintos
- 09/09/14 Columbus Crew announce signing of European veteran defender Emanuel Po...
- 09/09/14 LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan voted MLS Player of the Week
- 09/04/14 D.C. United’s Chris Rolfe fractures left forearm
- 09/04/14 [Video] MLS Disciplinary Committee issues five punishments for Week 25
- 09/03/14 LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan voted MLS Player of the Week
- 09/03/14 MLS players trade club jerseys for country colors for international pl...
- 09/02/14 D.C. United’s Nana Attakora called up to Canada Men’s National T...
- 08/30/14 Five New York Red Bulls receive national team call-ups
- 08/29/14 Vancouver Whitecaps FC re-sign defender Jordan Harvey
- 08/29/14 New York Red Bulls midfielder Bobby Convey undergoes successful surger...
- 08/28/14 Sounders FC promotes Bart Wiley to Chief Operating Officer and John Ri...
- 08/28/14 Portland Timbers defender Norberto Paparatto suspended one game for en...
- 08/26/14 Cosmos set to add third MLS player on loan in Rapids Danny Mwanga