MLS - News
MLS and Globosat announce partnership to broadcast MLS in Brazil
Major League Soccer (MLS) announced today that it has partnered with Brazilian broadcaster Globosat, Latin America’s biggest pay-TV operator, to televise league matches live in Brazil. This marks the first time Globosat will have MLS broadcast rights.
Minnesota officially added as MLS expansion side for 2018
Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber today announced that Minnesota has been awarded an expansion team that will begin play in 2018.
NYCFC plays Colorado Rapids to scoreless draw on Saturday
New York City FC registered their second consecutive shutout as the Club and the Colorado Rapids played to a scoreless draw in front of 17,692 at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on Saturday afternoon.
NYCFC sets MLS merchandise sales record in home opener at Yankee Stadium
New York City FC celebrated its first ever win in Major League Soccer (MLS) Sunday evening, defeating the New England Revolution 2-0 in their first home game at Yankee Stadium. They also made history off the field, as they posted the highest game day merchandise sales in MLS’ twenty year history.
Commissioner Don Garber issues statement on MLS expansion
Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber issued a statement on Monday about MLS expansion. Garber mentioned Minneapolis, Sacramento, San Antonio and St. Louis as leading candidates while Las Vegas is no longer being considered.
New York City FC beats New England Revolution 2-0 in MLS home opener
History was going to be made no matter the score at Yankee Stadium for New York City FC's first regular season MLS home match on Sunday, but the team's 2-0 win over the New England Revolution was unquestionably special for the 43,507 in attendance.
New York City FC make Yankee Stadium debut hoping brand-new surface holds up
New York City FC are expecting a near-capacity crowd at Yankee Stadium for their first-ever home match on Sunday. But club officials have been scrambling to prepare the baseball facility for the opening of a ground-sharing arrangement that's already looking awkward before either team has even played a game.
MLS Academy teams, international clubs highlight Generation adidas Cup field
Major League Soccer has announced the details for the 2014-15 Generation adidas Cup. FC Dallas and Dallas Cup will host the week-long youth tournament that begins on March 29 at the Toyota Soccer Center at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. This year’s U-17 showcase will feature a total of 17 MLS Academy teams, as well as the Chivas USA youth squad, and a wide breadth of international clubs such as River Plate (Argentina), Athletic Club Bilbao (Spain), Pumas UNAM (Mexico), Palmeiras (Brazil), Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany) and Aspire Academy (Qatar).
GM Dave Kasper signs multi-year extension with D.C. United
D.C. United has announced that the club and Dave Kasper have agreed on a multi-year contract extension in which Kasper will assume the title of Vice President of Soccer Operations in addition to General Manager.
MLS - Notes & Boasts
- 03/17/15 New York City FC forward David Villa voted MLS Player of the Week
- 03/10/15 Toronto FC forward Jozy Altidore voted MLS Player of the Week
- 02/18/15 D.C. United signs midfielder Miguel Aguilar
- 02/17/15 New York Red Bulls waive midfielder Ian Christianson
- 02/12/15 FC Dallas signs Fabian Castillo to new five-year deal
- 02/10/15 D.C. United acquires midfielder Michael Farfan
- 02/02/15 Tim Cahill departs from New York Red Bulls
- 01/31/15 San Jose Earthquakes sign Swiss striker Innocent Emeghara as Designate...
- 01/29/15 Houston Dynamo appoint Paul Rogers as goalkeeper coach
- 01/29/15 MLS sells KICKTV to Copa90
- 01/29/15 Orlando City SC hires executives to lead business development initiati...
- 01/28/15 New York Red Bulls sign USMNT midfielder Sacha Kljestan
- 01/27/15 New York Red Bulls deal Eric Alexander, Ambroise Oyongo to Montreal Im...
- 01/27/15 Georgetown’s Tyler Rudy picked up by New England Revolution
- 01/27/15 Georgetown to play two MLS teams during spring season