MLS - News
Sigh of relief: Outside midfielders lead Red Bulls in 2-1 win over Philly
Harrison, N.J.– After six winless games to start the 2014 season, the New York Red Bulls can finally breathe a sigh of relief. They bested the Philadelphia Union 2-1 on Wednesday night, finishing the game with 10 men in front of 14,768 at Red Bull Arena....
Clint Dempsey’s scoring run has excitement growing with eyes toward Brazil, but is he still th...
For the U.S. Men's National Team to successfully navigate the group of death, a fit and in-form Clint Dempsey will need to head to Brazil. With five goals in the last two games, it appears Dempsey has found his mojo. But after a rough year, is he back to his old self?
It’s official: Atlanta expansion club will join MLS in 2017
Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber, Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed, event host Alexi Lalas and a host of other notables appeared at an event on Wednesday to confirm what the North American soccer community has known – and argued about – for weeks: Atlan...
Why USMNT prodigal son Brek Shea must return to MLS – immediately
Sometimes it just doesn't work out for talented young Americans seeking fame and fortune in Europe's top leagues. Brek Shea has had a turbulent last 16 months, and it all began when he moved to Stoke, England. James Kilpatrick explains why the USMNT winger needs to return to MLS in order to save his World Cup dreams
After injury setbacks, “the real Lloyd Sam” steps up for Red Bulls; Ghana call-up next?
Through six weeks of the 2014 MLS season, the New York Red Bulls have struggled to reach the form that saw them win the 2013 Supporters’ Shield. New York have yet to record a victory through the first six games of the season (0-2-4), and their four points...
Seattle Sounders FC forward Clint Dempsey voted MLS Player of the Week
Seattle Sounders FC forward Clint Dempsey was voted Major League Soccer Player of the Week by the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) for Week 6 of the 2014 MLS season.
Wondolowski goal rallies San Jose Earthquakes to 1-1 draw against Columbus Crew
Chris Wondolowski scored his third goal of the season to rally the San Jose Earthquakes to a 1-1 draw against the Columbus Crew on Saturday at Buck Shaw Stadium.
Robbie Keane’s goal leads LA Galaxy to 1-0 victory over Vancouver Whitecaps
Vancouver Whitecaps FC (2W-2L-2D) came out on the attack against perennial MLS Cup contenders Los Angeles Galaxy (2W-1L-1D) on Saturday, but ultimately fell 1-0 in the first of consecutive matches against their Western Conference competitors.
McInerney scores in debut as Montreal Impact battle to 1-1 draw with Chicago Fire
Jack McInerney wasted no time in opening his account as the Montreal Impact battled to a 1-1 draw with the Chicago Fire Saturday afternoon, in its third and final game at Olympic Stadium.
Chivas USA rally to secure 1-1 draw against Portland Timbers
Chivas USA battled back to secure a tough road point with a 1-1 tie against Western Conference foe, the Portland Timbers, Saturday night at Providence Park.
MLS - Notes & Boasts
- 04/17/14 New York Red Bulls name Marc de Grandpre Head of Commercial Operations
- 04/17/14 Sueno MLS 2014 tryouts kick off this weekend at Colorado Rapids
- 04/02/14 D.C. United to hold open training in Northwest D.C. on April 7
- 03/30/14 Seattle Sounders FC have signed forward Kevin Parsemain
- 03/24/14 Columbus Crew midfielder Bernardo Añor voted MLS Player of the Week
- 03/24/14 Houston Dynamo loan three players to USL PRO affiliate Pittsburgh Rive...
- 03/21/14 New England Revolution loans Sanchez to Rochester Rhinos
- 03/19/14 2,000 District residents send 27,000 emails to D.C. Mayor and Council...
- 03/19/14 D.C. United, Comcast SportsNet announce 2014 TV schedule
- 03/18/14 FC Dallas to host Generation adidas U-17 Cup finals
- 03/17/14 Sporting Kansas City loans three players to USL PRO affiliates Orlando...
- 03/17/14 Toronto FC assign three players to USL PRO’s Wilmington Hammerhe...
- 03/17/14 MLS looks to break CONCACAF Champions League jinx in Mexico
- 03/13/14 New England Revolution loans Soffner, Sundly to Rochester Rhinos
- 03/07/14 Amos Magee joins D.C. United as U-23 head coach and assistant coach to...