MLS - News
Stanford, MLS, Europe? What’s next for surprise USMNTer Jordan Morris?
Stanford forward Jordan Morris is widely hailed as the top prospect in NCAA men's soccer, and already made history as one of U.S. Men's National Team coach Jurgen Klinsmann's surprise callups after the World Cup. But where does the Seattle Sounders academy product belong? Tim Froh takes a look.
MLS Cup berths on the line this weekend as Conference Championships conclude
The first legs of the Conference Championships lived up to the billing, leaving the second legs open for the taking in both the Eastern and Western Conference.
Marcelo Sarvas goal gives LA Galaxy 1-0 win over Seattle Sounders FC
The LA Galaxy topped the Seattle Sounders in the Western Conference Championship first leg on Sunday, getting a Marcelo Sarvas goal to best the Supporters’ Shield winners 1-0 at StubHub Center.
Late Jermaine Jones goals gives Revolution big advantage in MLS playoff series with Red Bulls
The New England Revolution not only won their opening game of the two-leg Eastern Conference Championship Series against the New York Red Bulls, a late Jermaine Jones goal gave them a crucial 2 "away goals" tiebreaker as they prepare to host the Red Bulls next weekend.
NASL equal? “MLS is no stronger than our league,” says FtL Strikers coach Gunter Kronste...
It was a footnote to last week's NASL championship match, a statement that was soon lost in the hubbub as the San Antonio Scorpions nipped past the Fort Lauderdale Strikers. But when Strikers head coach Gunter Kronsteiner spoke of his club's prospects in that final, he became the latest NASL figure to challenge the convention wisdom -- and the U.S. Soccer Federation's official designation -- of the league as a step down from MLS
MLS: Two similar sides in Revolution, Red Bulls set to clash in Eastern Conference final
There is very little separating the New York Red Bulls and New England Revolution. The final survivors of the MLS Eastern Conference playoffs offer similar attack-minded styles, are led by former club icons in their first coaching jobs and have capped their sq...
D.C. United stadium: Reeves Center swap remains bone of contention in Buzzard Point talks
The controversy surrounding the swap of the Reeves Center at 14th and U St. in Washington as part of D.C. United’s proposed new stadium at Buzzard Point in the southwest of the city took a fresh turn this week, as Mayor-Elect Muriel Bowser said she would look to remove the transaction from the deal, while Mayor Vincent Gray said it remains crucial.
Red Bulls host Revolution, Galaxy host Sounders in MLS Conference Championships on Sunday
The road to crowning the 19th MLS Cup champion starts back up this weekend with the first legs of the 2014 MLS Conference Championships.
Finances still weigh heavy on D.C. United’s Buzzard Point stadium project
A week on from the release of the independent cost benefits analysis into D.C. United’s proposed new stadium at Buzzard Point in Southwest Washington, the road ahead is still filled with problems as the deal came under scrutiny at another D.C. Council public hearing.
Seattle Sounders outlast FC Dallas, advance to face LA Galaxy Western Conference Finals
After a scoreless draw with FC Dallas on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field on Monday night, Seattle Sounders FC has advanced, 1-1, on aggregate (via away goals) in the MLS Cup Playoffs to face rival LA Galaxy in the 2014 MLS Western Conference Finals.
MLS - Notes & Boasts
- 11/26/14 Whitecaps FC midfielder Sebastián Fernández suspended first four games...
- 11/26/14 LA Galaxy defender A.J. DeLaGarza honored as MLS WORKS Humanitarian of...
- 11/26/14 Mark Geiger named MLS Referee of the Year
- 11/26/14 Seattle’s Chad Marshall wins third career MLS Defender of the Ye...
- 11/26/14 Major League Soccer and Caribbean Football Union to host second Caribb...
- 11/25/14 Promising FC Dallas forward Tesho Akindele scoops MLS Rookie of the Ye...
- 11/24/14 Montreal Impact name Adam Braz as new technical director
- 11/24/14 Columbus Crew defender Michael Parkhurst wins MLS Fair Play Award
- 11/23/14 2014-15 CONCACAF Champions League championship stage schedule announce...
- 11/21/14 D.C. United selects Thomas McNamara in MLS Dispersal Draft
- 11/21/14 Head Coach Ben Olsen, three D.C. United players named finalists for 20...
- 11/19/14 Thierry Henry nominated for MLS Goal of the Year [VIDEO]
- 11/18/14 D.C. United announces team awards
- 11/14/14 New York Red Bulls’ Dax McCarty up for 2014 MLS Goal of the Year
- 11/14/14 2014 MLS Dispersal Draft order decided