MLS - News
Greg Vanney named Toronto FC head coach following ousting of Ryan Nelson
Toronto FC announced Sunday that effective immediately Greg Vanney has been named the club’s head coach replacing Ryan Nelsen, who has been relieved of his duties.
Hamid dominant in D.C. United’s 2-0 home win over New York Red Bulls
Having had the better of the chances throughout and after withstanding a good deal of pressure on their backline, all it took was a defensive error from a long ball and a late breakaway second to hand D.C. United a 2-0 win over the New York Red Bulls in front of 19,453 at RFK Stadium on a hot and sunny Sunday afternoon.
[VIDEO] Portland Timbers overtake Vancouver Whitecaps 3-0
Behind second-half goals from Alvas Powell, Maximiliano Urruti and Rodney Wallace, and a comprehensive team defensive effort, the Portland Timbers earned a 3-0 victory against Cascadia-rival Vancouver Whitecaps FC in front of 21,000 fans at BC Place on Saturday night.
San Jose Earthquakes draw Real Salt Lake 1-1
Sam Cronin scored for the second time in as many games to lead the San Jose Earthquakes to a 1-1 draw against Real Salt Lake on Saturday at Buck Shaw Stadium.
Seattle edges Colorado 1-0 as Dempsey scores career-high 11th goal of season
Clint Dempsey scored his career-high 11th goal of the season as Seattle Sounders FC (15-8-3, 48 points) downed the Colorado Rapids (8-12-6, 30 points), 1-0, on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field on Saturday afternoon.
Nguyen, Rowe spark New England Revolution in 3-0 drubbing of Toronto FC
Lee Nguyen scored after just two minutes and the New England Revolution never looked back en route to a 3-0 win over Toronto FC at BMO Field in Toronto.
[VIDEO] Ignacio Piatti’s brace carries Montreal Impact over Columbus Crew 2-0
In a tough game against a gritty opponent, the Montreal Impact put it in an all-around solid performance on Saturday night, battling to a 2-0 shutout victory over the Columbus Crew at Stade Saputo.
Sporting KC suffers 3-1 loss to Houston Dynamo
Sporting Kansas City suffered a 3-1 loss to the Houston Dynamo on Friday night at Sporting Park and remain in second place in the Eastern Conference, one point back of D.C. United.
United win over Red Bulls at RFK would redeem Olsen’s roster decisions in 4-1 Galaxy road loss
From the outset of Wednesday's 4-1 loss to the Los Angeles Galaxy, there was a disjointed feel as Ben Olsen had clearly decided to mix things up a little bit to give a few key players a lighter workload after what has been a tough stretch of games. Will that move pay off with the re-claiming of the Atlantic Cup trophy Sunday?
Cosmos sign Danny Mwanga on loan from Colorado Rapids
The New York Cosmos announced today that the team has signed forward Danny Mwanga on loan from the Colorado Rapids. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
MLS - Notes & Boasts
- 08/30/14 Five New York Red Bulls receive national team call-ups
- 08/29/14 Vancouver Whitecaps FC re-sign defender Jordan Harvey
- 08/29/14 New York Red Bulls midfielder Bobby Convey undergoes successful surger...
- 08/28/14 Sounders FC promotes Bart Wiley to Chief Operating Officer and John Ri...
- 08/28/14 Portland Timbers defender Norberto Paparatto suspended one game for en...
- 08/26/14 Cosmos set to add third MLS player on loan in Rapids Danny Mwanga
- 08/26/14 Columbus Crew transfers defender Giancarlo Gonzalez to Italian Serie A...
- 08/26/14 Montreal Impact sign Nigerian center back Gege Soriola
- 08/26/14 Seattle Sounders FC Reserves beat Arizona United SC 5-1
- 08/25/14 New England Revolution sign forward Geoffrey Castillion
- 08/25/14 Sounders FC forward Obafemi Martins voted MLS Player of the Week
- 08/23/14 Bradley Wright-Phillips breaks New York Red Bulls single-season goals...
- 08/23/14 Kwame Watson-Siriboe joins the Carolina RailHawks on loan from NYCFC
- 08/23/14 New York Red Bulls to host Montreal Impact on Saturday night
- 08/21/14 New York Red Bulls midfielder Michael Bustamante undergoes ACL surgery