University of Delaware signs women’s soccer transfers from Rutgers and UMBC
The Blue Hens will welcome graduate transfer Nicole Binkley, a midfielder who spent her undergraduate career with Rutgers. Junior forward/midfielder Grace Harvey has also signed with Delaware as a transfer from UMBC.
See below for a look at each of the Blue Hens’ newest signings:
Nicole Binkley, Midfielder, Burlington Township, N.J., Grad Student, Rutgers
- Two-year team captain of Rutgers Scarlet Knights, leading her program to the NCAA College Cup in Fall of 2021 as well as the Big10 Conference Championship
- 3x Academic All-Big10
- 2x Big10 Distinguished Scholar
Barroqueiro Quote: “We are very excited to add Nicole & Grace to an already stellar incoming class. In Coley, we are getting a proven leader & winner. Someone who truly knows the attitude and work-rate that goes into creating an elite product on the field and in the classroom. There’s no doubt that her experience will help her make a smooth transition to UD and will make a great Blue Hen.”
Grace Harvey, Midfielder/Forward, Gaithersburg, Md., Junior, UMBC
- Grace comes in with three years of eligibility remaining
- America East All-Rookie Team
- Played in all 23 games the team participated in between Spring of ’21 and Fall of ’21, starting 22 of them
- Played over 1300 minutes this past Fall
Barroqueiro Quote: “We are so excited to welcome Grace to the Blue Hen Family. She’s had a wonderful start to the career at UMBC as a conference All-Rookie team selection and is now at a point where she is ready for her next challenge. With a high work-rate, great motor, and fierce competitive attitude, I have no doubt that she can make a positive impact here as she takes the next step in her career.”
Seven recruits will join Northeastern this season.
Head coach Aaron Rodgers signed three transfers.
The U-20 USWNT is kicking off May training camp.
Harvard University unveiled its Class of 2026.
Johnson is a McLean Youth Soccer alum.
JMU has revealed a highly-ranked signing class.