Halle Johnson signs with University of Maryland on transfer from UNC Wilmington
COLLEGE PARK, MD – Bethesda native Halle Johnson, who was an All-CAA Third-Team selection and member of the CAA All-Rookie Team in 2021, has signed to play for Maryland women’s soccer and head coach Meghan Ryan Nemzer.
A three-time Mid-Atlantic conference champion with McLean Youth Soccer, Johnson returns to the DMV after graduating from The Madeira School in Fairfax County, Virginia.
The Madeira School / UNC Wilmington
McLean Youth Soccer
On Instagram: @halleljohnson
As a Freshman at UNC Wilmington (2021):
- Third-Team All-Colonial Athletic Association selection
- CAA All-Rookie Team
- Posted an assist in wins over Drexel and Delaware
- played season-high 97 minutes in overtime game at Charleston.
- Member of three-time Mid-Atlantic conference championship team with McLean Youth Soccer
- Advanced to ECNL Champions League national playoffs three times
- Ranked first in ECNL Champions League in 2019-20
- Served as team captain during sophomore season
- Received Second-Team All-ISL honors as a freshman
- Also played varsity lacrosse and basketball at The Madeira School.
- Full Name: Halleran Leighton Johnson
- Born in Washington, D.C.
- Daughter of Joan Loveland and Charlie Johnson
- Father played baseball at Gettysburg College
- Uncle, Drew, played baseball at University of Maryland and for the Kane County Cougars
- Cousin, Luke, played baseball at UMBC
- Cousin, Sam, played baseball at Washington College
(Photo Credit: John Crouch / UNC Wilmington)
Urban started 16 games for the Gators last season.
JMU has revealed a highly-ranked signing class.
Waterman joins the Terps from Fairleigh Dickinson.
Lynch joins Notre Dame from Florida State.
Jennifer Klein has finalized her latest signing class.
The Blue Demons will welcome 4 newcomers.