University of Central Florida women’s soccer adds 5 to roster
ORLANDO, Fla. – The University of Central Florida women’s soccer team has announced the addition of four international signings and one transfer to the 2020 roster.
Emilie Bernhardt and Sarai Linder both join the Knights from Germany, while Katie Bradley and Maggie Jenkins join UCF by way of England and New Zealand, respectively. Ormand Beach, Fla. native, Trescott Shamlou is the lone transfer of the group, returning to the Sunshine State after spending a season with Notre Dame.
“We’re pleased to round out our incoming class with the addition of some truly high impact players,” said Head Coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak of the newest Knights. “Each of them will come to UCF having already competed at the highest possible level. They’ve gained experience with elite programs, in youth world cups, European championships, and on teams in some of the best leagues in the world. I can’t wait for them to arrive on campus and hit the ground running.”
Defender | Ingolstadt, Germany (FC Bayern Munich II)
“I chose UCF because I am convinced of its educational opportunities. The women’s soccer team was my first choice because of the coaches and the many high-level players on the team. The campus and athletics village is impressive. I had an amazing time on my visit. I especially enjoyed spending time with my future teammates. Now I am looking forward to arriving in Orlando and becoming a Knight.”
- Spent four years with German Youth National Teams: U15, U16, U17, U19
- Competed premier international competitions such as 2018 UEFA U17 Championship and 2018 FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup
- Part of the 2019 UEFA U17 Championship winning squad
Midfielder | Bolton, England (Manchester City)
“I got a really good feel for UCF when I visited. I know I will be in good handswith the coaches. The facilities in the athlete’s village are fantastic, and the weather is a big plus! I feel UCF is the best university for me to further my development towards becoming a professional footballer.”
- Part of FA Youth Cup 2018 winning team while with the Manchester City U16 unit
- Spent three years with English Youth National Teams: U17, U18, U19
- Competed at the 2018 UEFA U17 Championship, 2019 UEFA U19 Championship
Forward | Wellington, New Zealand (Northern Lights)
“I chose UCF because of its competitive team culture, awesome coaching staff, and excellent facilities. Along with their innovative academic programs, UCF had everything I was looking for in a college.”
- Has represented New Zealand in international competition at the youth level (U17, U20) and at the senior level.
- A member of the third-place 2018 FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup team
- Competed in the 2016 FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup, and the 2018 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup
Defender | Sinsheim, Germany (TSG Hoffenheim)
“I absolutely feel like UCF would be the right place for me to grow as a person and athlete. I have three friends currently attending UCF – the impressions and experiences they have shared with me were very encouraging. They gave me an even better feeling about UCF. I am impressed with the location and beauty of the campus, as well as the outstanding athletic facilities. But even more, it’s the feeling I have gathered of how the community at UCF cherishes togetherness, academic and athletic excellence, and a strong school spirit. It’s a big honor to play for the Knight family.”
- Made Bundesliga debut in 2016 with TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in a 1-0 win over Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- Prior to 2016 Sarai played for the TSG Hoffenheim youth teams, including three years in the B-Junior Bundesliga.
- Spent five years with German Youth National Teams: U15, U16, U17, U19, U20
- Member of the 2016 UEFA U17 Championship winning team
- Competed in international competitions including 2016 FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup, 2017 UEFA U19 Championship, 2018 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup
Forward | 5-6 | Ormand Beach, Fla. (Spruce Creek HS/Notre Dame)
“I decided to attend the University of Central Florida for many reasons. One being the amazing coaching staff that I knew would develop me to my full potential. Secondly, I loved the area surrounding UCF, Orlando is a great city with many opportunities. Finally, I loved the diverse academics offered to the students, not to mention the amazing weather in Florida.”
- Recorded 76 minutes across five games in her freshman season at Notre Dame in 2019
- Named a Day 2 Stand-out by Top Drawer Soccer at the PDA ECNL Showcase
- Participated on the Region III ODP team in 2015 and 2016