ACC announces Fall 2020 soccer schedule with games set to begin September 10
ACC men’s soccer kicks off the weekend of Sept. 10-13. Teams will play in two regions, with six conference games against regional opponents over a nine-week period. An eight-team ACC Championship will begin Sunday, Nov. 15 and continues with the semifinals on Wednesday, Nov. 18. The four North Carolina institutions will serve as the quarterfinal and semifinal venues. The championship game is planned for Sunday, Nov. 22, at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, North Carolina.
ACC women’s soccer also begins next weekend. There will be an eight-game conference schedule, which concludes on Sunday, Nov. 1. An eight-team ACC Championship is planned for WakeMed Soccer Park, beginning Tuesday, Nov. 10. The semifinals will be played on Friday, Nov. 13, while the championship will be Sunday, Nov. 15.
Men’s Soccer – link to schedule
• Eleven ACC teams will compete and play six league games (three home, three away) from Sept. 10-Nov. 8
• North Region: Louisville, Notre Dame, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech (play each division opponent once, plus one region home-and-home)
• South Region: Clemson, Duke, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest (play each division opponent once, plus two region home-and-homes)
• ACC Tournament Format: eight teams (top four teams in each region); quarterfinals Nov. 15 and semifinals Nov. 18, hosted at the four North Carolina schools
• ACC Championship: Sunday, Nov. 22, WakeMed Soccer Park, Cary, N.C.
Women’s Soccer – link to schedule
• Eight league matches (four home, four away) from Sept. 17-Nov. 1
• Schools will have no more than two weekends with flights, and all schools will have at least one flight
• ACC Tournament format: top eight teams; quarterfinals Nov. 10, semifinals Nov. 13 and championship Nov. 15, all at WakeMed Soccer Park, Cary, North Carolina