Youth Girls - News
Region I league structures, other big changes coming according to new Pres.
The new director of U.S. Youth Soccer Region I Natalie Schwoeble has wasted little time in helping bring forward some sweeping changes to the structure of the leagues, which the leadership hopes will be of benefit to the clubs involved.
Second annual Virginia Cup set for Labor Day Weekend in Williamsburg and Richmond
The second annual Virginia Cup, hosted by FC Richmond and Virginia Legacy in affiliation with the Richmond Strikers Tournament Series, is set to play out over Labor Day Weekend at sites in Williamsburg and Richmond.
FASA Elite Impact ’96 Girls embark on final club season following decade of longevity
The FASA Elite Impact ’96 Girls, currently ranked No. 6 in Virginia among all U18 teams, are set to begin their final season together after keeping their roster mostly in-house since starting out as U9s.
WAGS All Stars get soccer experience of a lifetime in London
The Washington Area Girls Soccer League sent a team of U13 and U14 All Stars to London in early August for the soccer trip of a lifetime.
PWSI Toys For Tots Tournament kicks off with successful opening weekend
The Toys For Tots Tournament, put on by Prince William Soccer, Inc. held its first of two weekends for the 2014 edition from Aug. 23-24 with the U13-U19 age groups braving the rain and taking part in some strong competition for a great cause.
Maryland Rush Girls take UK champions to PK’s in LK Cup in Liverpool, England
The rising U15 Maryland Rush girls soccer team from Annapolis traveled to Liverpool, England from July 28 to Aug. 5 to play in the Liverpool Knowsley Cup soccer tournament.
SoccerWire Q&A: Cal South’s departing CEO John Weinerth
Cal South, one of the nation's largest youth soccer organizations, announced on Wednesday the resignation of CEO John Weinerth, who oversaw dramatic growth and evolution over his decade-long tenure. As the Cal South board begins its nationwide search for a new CEO, Weinerth spoke with SoccerWire and reflected on his time in charge.
Cal South announces CEO John Weinerth’s resignation
The Cal South Board of Directors today announced the resignation of Chief Executive Officer John Weinerth. Weinerth submitted his resignation at the Cal South Board of Directors meeting on August 16. The resignation is effective August 29.
U14 Northern Virginia Majestics advance to Super Y-League North American Finals
The Northern Virginia Majestics U14s are heading to the Super Y League Finals for a third straight season.
2015 US Youth Soccer regional and National Presidents Cup dates and host locations announced
US Youth Soccer is proud to announce that Slippery Rock, Pa., and the Pennsylvania West State Soccer Association will host the 2015 US Youth Soccer Region I (East) Presidents Cup, May 23-25 at Slippery Rock University, Dicks Sportsplex and North Boundary Park.
Youth Girls - Notes & Boasts
- 08/29/14 Rush For The Cup heads to Maryland SoccerPlex this weekend
- 08/29/14 PWSI Toys For Tots Tournament concludes this weekend with U9-U12 age g...
- 08/29/14 Dates, locations revealed for Fall id2 Training Camps
- 08/28/14 Sept. 30 is deadline to apply for NPL Showcase (Girls)
- 08/26/14 More than 250 teams compete in 2014 August Cup at Maryland SoccerPlex
- 08/26/14 U13 Northern Virginia Majestics clinch Super Y North American Finals b...
- 08/25/14 MLS scout Kris Ward joins DC Stoddert as Director of Recreational Socc...
- 08/22/14 ETA United advances to USL Super Y League Finals
- 08/22/14 PWSI set to host first leg of 2014 Toys For Tots Tournament this weeke...
- 08/21/14 Richmond Strikers announce opening of 2015 Jefferson Cup applications
- 08/20/14 FASA, Chesterfield United hosting second leg of Washington Invitationa...
- 08/20/14 Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association names James Volpe administr...
- 08/20/14 Second US Club Soccer PDP event of expanded series wraps up in Winter...
- 08/19/14 U-12 Bays Chelsea Lightning capture Hershey Cup title
- 08/19/14 Quentin Sathasivam receives Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association...