Quarterfinal matchups decided in NCAA Women’s Soccer Tournament
There were eight games Wednesday in the third round of the 2020-21 NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer Championship, as the field of contenders was whittled down to eight.
Later winners included seeded teams No. 1 Florida State, No. 2 North Carolina, No. 4 TCU, No. 11 Santa Clara, Virginia and No. 14 Clemson. The Tigers upset No. 3 UCLA on PKs and Virginia charged into the quarterfinals as the only unseeded team behind a hat trick from star forward Diana Ordonez. She helped propel the Cavs over Rice, 3-0.
The tournament continues Sunday, May 9 with the quarterfinals.
Here are the complete results from Wednesday’s third round action:
- No. 9 seed Duke 1, Ole Miss 0
- No. 7 seed Texas A&M 3, No. 10 seed Oklahoma State 3 (4-3 in PKs)
- No. 1 seed Florida State 3, Penn State 1
- No. 2 seed North Carolina 1, Washington 0
- No. 4 seed TCU 1, No. 13 seed Georgetown 1 (3-1 in PKs)
- No. 14 seed Clemson 1, No. 3 seed UCLA 1 (6-5 in PKs)
- Virginia 3, Rice 0
- No. 11 seed Santa Clara 2, No. 6 seed Arkansas 0
Here is the schedule for the quarterfinals. All times ET.
- No. 1 Florida State vs. No. 9 Duke | 1 p.m. on May 9
- No. 2 North Carolina vs. No. 7 Texas A&M | 1 p.m. on May 9
- No. 11 Santa Clara vs. No. 14 Clemson | 5 p.m. on May 9
- No. 4 TCU vs. Virginia | 5 p.m. on May 9
The Gamecocks will bring back four veteran leaders.
The MAC Hermann Trophy semifinalists are set.
UConn will welcome 10 freshmen this fall.
Boston College announced five roster additions.
NC State women's soccer signed 13 recruits.
Webber will have 3 years of eligibility.
FEATURED TRYOUTS & CAMPSSEE YOUR AD HERE
College Recruiting Commitment Tracker
COLLEGE RECRUITING PLAYER PROFILES
Boost your college recruiting profile exposure with a LIFETIME player page on SoccerWire.com, the site colleges coaches rely on.
Basic – $79 for life
Featured – $229 for life
Featured PLUS – $349 for life