Arizona State and Stanford players receive Pac-12 weekly awards
The Pac-12 Conference has announced the second set of weekly award winners for the Fall 2021 women’s soccer season.
Offensive Player of the Week: Maya Doms, Jr., STANFORD (Davis, Calif.)
2 games, 3 goals, 1 assist, 7 points
- The junior midfielder recorded her first career multi-goal game, netting the Pac-12’s first hat trick of the season in Stanford’s 7-0 victory over CSUN on Thursday.
- She also added an assist in Stanford’s 6-0 win versus San Diego State on Sunday to finish the week with seven points.
- Doms took a team-best 16 shots (nine on goal) as the Stanford attack managed 73 over the two matches.
Defensive Player of the Week: Lieske Carleer, Jr., ARIZONA STATE (Winterswijk, Netherlands)
2 games, 173 minutes, 1 goal, 1 goal against
- The junior defender played all but seven minutes of ASU’s road wins at Mississippi State (1-0) on Thursday and UAB (5-1) on Sunday.
- Contributed to a defensive effort that surrendered only one goal, including a shutout at Mississippi State, and only 13 shots in two road games.
- Helped ASU get off on the front foot in Sunday’s 5-1 win at UAB by scoring her first goal of the season in the 13th minute to give the Sun Devils’ an early 1-0 advantage.
Goalkeeper of the Week: Birta Gudlaugs, Fr., ARIZONA STATE (Reykjavik, Iceland)
2 games, 2 starts, 8 saves, 0.50 GAA
- The freshman goalkeeper earned the first shutout of her career with five saves in ASU’s 1-0 win at Mississippi State.
- Totaled eight saves in ASU’s two wins, giving up only a single goal on 13 shots faced in 180 minutes of play on the road.
Offensive Player of the Week: Eva Van Deursen, ASU; Karlie Lema, CAL; Allie Palangi, COLO; Eden Hardy, ORE; Amber Jackson, OSU; Mia Fishel, UCLA; Avery Brady, UTAH; Croix Bethune, USC; Alyssa Gray, WSU; Ameera Hussen, WASH.
Defensive Player of the Week: Emily Smith, CAL; Madison Ellsworth, OSU; Naomi Girma, STAN; Kylie Kerr, UCLA; Kala McDaniel, WASH; Mykiaa Minniss, WSU.
Goalkeeper of the Week: Angelina Anderson, CAL; Bridgette Skiba, OSU; Katie Meyer, STAN; Lauren Brzykcy, UCLA; Chelsea Peterson, UTAH; Olivia Sekany, WASH.