Florida clubs Sunrise SC and FC Prime announce full merger
(Via Sunrise Prime FC) – Football Club Prime and Sunrise Soccer Club have announced that the two youth soccer clubs signed an agreement to merge the clubs effective today, April 23rd, 2019.
See below for the official announcement, penned by Sunrise Prime FC Directors Alan Hough and Andres Camacho:
Dear FC Prime & Sunrise Soccer Club members,
We are excited to announce that the Board of Directors of Football Club Prime and Sunrise Soccer Club have signed an agreement to merge the two organizations. The clubs will both collaborate for the remainder of the current season and will conduct unified tryouts in early May.
After much discussion and a lengthy due diligence process, leadership from both organizations feel that it is in the best interest of all parties to operate as one club. Bringing together the two leading premier youth soccer organizations in the area creates multiple new avenues for all youth players within the soccer community. We will offer the only full-service program for girls in South Florida with ECNL, National League, NPL, Regional Leagues, FSPL and SFUSYA.
Please read what Board of Director at Sunrise Prime FC, Gustavo Camacho, had to say about the merger:
“Sunrise SC has a long-standing history of success in the South Florida market through hard work and a family-oriented environment. FC Prime in just a short time has shown the extreme eagerness to cultivate the same culture. We want both our memberships, and every family that considers playing at Sunrise Prime FC, to know that we have no intentions of slowing down. We will continue to tirelessly help our student athletes achieve their goals to play at the next level and beyond. Merging both Sunrise SC and FC Prime allows us build something that we ultimately couldn’t do alone. Both organizations will merge into one entity with the same goals and equal leadership.”
Initial key information for the merged club:
- The merged club will operate as Sunrise Prime FC beginning in the 2019-20 season.
- The Club will offer all levels of competition, National, Regional, State and local.
- The focus and mission of Sunrise Prime FC will be to offer a full service playing pyramid for players of all ability levels in South Florida and see the growth and expansion of girls involvement in soccer.
- Extensive college placement program to educate and guide players & families through the recruitment process. We currently have 48 players committed. Please click here to see impressive list of commitments.
- Alan Hough will become Executive Director of Sunrise Prime FC.
- Andres Camacho will become Chief Operating Officer of Sunrise Prime FC.
- Tricia Taliaferro will become ECNL and National League Director of Sunrise Prime FC.
- Other leadership roles and coaching staff will be announced May 1st.
In the coming weeks we will be publishing important information via email, social media accounts and our respective club websites.
Tryouts for the newly formed club will be conducted May 6th to 11th. Locations and schedules will be published next week and registration can be found by clicking here.
We appreciate members across both organizations that have provided input throughout the consolidation of our two great clubs. We feel prepared to take this next step and are excited about uniting the elite player pool in South Florida under one club.
Sunrise Prime FC