US Youth Soccer Mid South Conference holds 48-team event in Mississippi
HATTIESBURG, Miss. — The 2020-21 US Youth Soccer Mid South Conference season continued over the weekend, as 48 Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee teams competed at Tatum Park in Hattiesburg, Miss.
No team has clinched a Mid South Conference Premier I Division title at this time, but a number of matchups over the weekend saw teams put in strong performances as they compete for those top spots in the standings with the last leg of the conference season quickly approaching.
Some notes on the standings up to this point:
Boys – Premier I Division
- The 13U Premier I Division has only recently kicked off, but Louisiana Fire Juniors 08B Red (LA) and United SC 08 Premier (AL) are both undefeated after two games played each.
- United Soccer Club 07 Premier (AL) leads in the 14U Premier I Division with 18 points after eight games played.
- Collierville SA 06 Lobos Rush Premier (TN) currently holds the top spot in the 15U Premier I Division with 16 points after playing all seven of its games. Louisiana Fire Juniors 06 Red (LA) and South Mississippi SC Elite Blue 06 (MS) both have a chance at claiming the conference title with games left to play.
- Hattiesburg FC Thunder 05 (MS) took over the top position in the 16U Premier I Division this weekend with a win. Germantown Legends 05 Black (TN) is close behind, as this bracket is still up for grabs.
- In the 17U Premier I Division, Memphis FC Blue (TN) is on top of the bracket with 17 points after closing at its conference season with two wins. However, the Tennessee side will watch closely as Baton Rouge SC 04 Black (LA) — with two games left to play later this spring — attempts to overtake it for the conference title.
- Germantown Legends 03 Black (TN) holds on to first place after earning 13 points from six games, but Louisiana Fire Juniors 03 Red (LA) and Tennessee United SC 02 Red (TN) are close behind in the standings.
- In the 19U Premier I Division, Nashville United SA 02 Maroon (TN) has 12 points and holds the top spot in the standings. Arkansas Legion SC 02 Premier (AR) will need to pick up the victory in its last game of the season against Baton Rouge SC 02/03 Black (LA) to overtake Nashville for first place.
Girls – Premier I Division
- Chattanooga Red Wolves SC (TN) and Germantown Lady Legends 08 Black (TN) have both started their conference season with two wins and sit at the top of the 13U Premier I Division.
- In the 14U Premier I Division, Collierville SA 07 Lady Lobos Premier (TN) currently has the top spot with 15 points from its five games so far this season.
- Tennessee SC 06 Murfreesboro Showcase (TN) is at the top of the standings with 10 points in its five games in the 15U Premier I Division.
- The 16U Premier I Division is still very much up for grabs with multiple teams still undefeated and with the majority of their games left to play. Louisiana Fire Juniors 05 Red (LA) currently sits at the top of the standings with 12 points from its four games.
- In the 17U Premier I Division, Louisiana Fire Juniors 04 Red (LA) and Baton Rouge SC 04 Black (LA) hold the top spots in the standings with seven and six points, respectively, after three games each.
- South Mississippi SC Elite 03 Quickshots (MS), North Alabama SC Gravity 03 Showcase (AL), and Baton Rouge SC 03 Black (LA) all currently have seven points each at the top of the 18U Premier I Division standings.
- In the 19U Premier I Division, Covington FC Tammany Tigers 02 (LA) picked up two wins over this weekend to take the lead standings with six points.
The next Mid South Conference events will be March 27-28 at Hoover Metro Complex in Hoover, Ala., and Gulfport Sportsplex in Gulfport, Miss. The two events will include teams from the 13U-14U Boys age groups and the 14U-17U and 19U Girls age groups, with multiple Premier I Division titles up for grabs.
For more information on the Mid South Conference, including schedules, scores, and standings, click here.
For more information on all of the National League Conferences, the National League Showcase Series, and the National League Playoffs, click here.