U.S. Soccer to host U-20 Women’s NTC Invitational in September
CHICAGO (Via U.S. Soccer) – U.S. Soccer will stage a four-team Under-20 women’s international tournament from Sept. 14-18 as the USA hosts Brazil, England and the Korea Republic in Los Angeles for the 2016 U-20 Women’s NTC Invitational.
All the matches will be played on the Glenn “Mooch” Myernick Field at the U.S. Soccer National Training Center at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif.
Each of the match days – Sept. 14, 16 and 18 – will feature a doubleheader with the USA playing the second game of the day. The winner of the competition will be based on total points with the first tiebreakers being overall goal difference and then total goals scored. U.S. U-20 Women’s National Team head coach Michelle French will call up 21 players for the tournament and will name her roster in the coming weeks. Admission to the matches and parking is free to the public. All the matches will be streamed live on ussoccer.com.
|Date||Teams||Kickoff (PT)||Location (U.S. Soccer NTC at StubHub Center)|
|Wed., Sept. 14||England vs. Brazil||4 p.m.||Glenn “Mooch” Myernick Field – Field #1|
|Wed., Sept. 14||USA vs. Korea Republic||7 p.m.||Glenn “Mooch” Myernick Field – Field #1|
|Fri., Sept. 16||Brazil vs. Korea Republic||4 p.m.||Glenn “Mooch” Myernick Field – Field #1|
|Fri., Sept. 16||USA vs. England||7 p.m.||Glenn “Mooch” Myernick Field – Field #1|
|Sun., Sept. 18||Korea Rep. vs. England||1 p.m.||Glenn “Mooch” Myernick Field – Field #1|
|Sun., Sep.t 18||USA vs. Brazil||4 p.m.||Glenn “Mooch” Myernick Field – Field #1|
The USA, Brazil and the Korea Republic are currently preparing for the 2016 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, which will be held in Papua New Guinea from Nov. 13-Dec. 3; England did not qualify for the competition. The USA and Brazil have participated in all seven of the FIFA U-19/U-20 Women’s World Cups that have been contested thus far. Korea Republic will be playing in their fourth consecutive FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup.
At the World Cup, Brazil is in Group A with host Papua New Guinea, Sweden and Korea DPR. The USA is in Group C with France, Ghana and New Zealand. The Korea Republic is in Group D with Germany, Mexico and Venezuela.
- Each team is allowed to name 21 players on its U-20 Women’s NTC Invitational roster.
- Teams will be allowed six total substitutions per game with no re-entry. In the second half of the matches, a team may stop the game a maximum of three times to make substitutions. During each of these stoppages, a team may make more than one substitution, up to the limit of the six total.
- After goal difference and goals scored, the next tie-breakers will be the head-to-head result and then the Fair Play standings.
- Players eligible for the 2016 U-20 Women’s NTC Invitational must have been born on or after Jan. 1, 1996, which is the age cut-off for the 2016 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup.
- There will be no suspensions for accumulation of yellow cards during the tournament, but a player receiving a red card will have to sit out a minimum of one match.