Six clubs earn championships at 2019 Girls NPL Finals in Colorado
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado – The 2019 Girls NPL Finals, held July 11-15 at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, awarded six championships to six clubs in 13-U through 19-U age groups.
The Girls NPL Finals represented the culminating event of a challenging 2018-19 season that featured qualifiers from regional NPLs throughout the country. The 2019 edition of the prestigious championship was arguably the most competitive to date, as nine different NPLs were represented on the final day. Of the six championship games, four were decided by two or less goals, including a pair of games that finished in penalty kicks.
“The results over these five days at the 2019 Girls NPL Finals was impressive, but we don’t see this level of competition and balance here without the dedication of all the NPLs throughout the country over the course of a season,” said Leo Garcia, US Club Soccer Vice President of Competitions and NPL General Manager. “These six champions have accomplished something most people never experience in their lifetimes, and we know that the entire tournament field is returning home better than when they came to Colorado.”
- Sporting St. Louis Academy ‘06 (Central States NPL) 4, Tonka Fusion Elite ’06 (Minnesota Girls NPL) 0
- Video highlights of Sporting St. Louis Academy ‘06
- LA Fire Juniors ‘05 (Gulf States Premier League) 2, NY Surf ’05 (NYCSL NPL Division) 0
- Video highlights of LA Fire Juniors ‘05
- South Shore Select ‘04 (NEP NPL Division) 1 (5), Clovis Crossfire ’04 (NorCal NPL) 1 (4)
- Video highlights of South Shore Select ‘04
- EW Surf SC ‘03 (Washington NPL) 1, NEFC ’03 (NEP NPL Division) 0
- Video highlights of EW Surf SC ‘03
- Lou Fusz SC ’02 (Central States NPL) 4, Campton United ‘02 (NISL NPL Division) 1
- Video highlights of Lou Fusz SC ‘02
- South Lakes SC Cosmos ‘01 (Red River NPL) 1 (4), Cajun SC 00/01 (Gulf States Premier League) 1 (3)
- Video highlights of South Lakes SC Cosmos ’01
The Central States NPL was the only NPL member league to capture two divisions. The Midwest-based league has quickly become formidable among the nationwide NPL landscape after winning its first NPL title last year in its inaugural season.
While the Central States NPL is a rising star, the NEP NPL Division has proven its dominant status every season since its inception in 2011. With South Shore Select’s dramatic win in penalty kicks in the 15-U finale, the NEP NPL Division has won seven NPL titles in the past four years.
South Shore Select, in particular, is a perennial favorite from the New England Premiership. The Massachusetts club is adding to its trophy collection with this year’s title joining last year’s 17-U championship and 13-U runner-up finish.
All six of the championship games at the Girls NPL Finals were filmed and will be archived soon on the Champions/Results web page.
The Girls NPL Finals was held alongside the ENPL National Finals, which also took place July 11-15 at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park. For a full recap, please visit elitenationalpremierleague.com.