Massapequa SC Girls Showcase hosting Tri-State region’s elite
Despite being one of the smaller showcase events in the country in terms of number of teams, the Massapequa SC Girls Showcase is not lacking at all in quality of competition.
With just under 80 girls teams from U14-U19 age groups from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut being admitted along with many of the region’s college programs recruiting the tournament, it has become one of the premier showcase opportunities on Long Island. The 2014 girls event runs Dec. 13-14 following the boys weekend which was played Dec. 6-7.
Games will be played at Brentwood State Park, Allen Park, Cedar Creek, Field of Dreams Massapequa, John J Burns Park and Plainedge Park.
See below for a list of Teams to Watch at the 2014 Massapequa SC Girls Showcase
U-15 Blue Division
- Alleycats 99/00: Representing the NPL, Alleycats are 2014 New York East State Cup semifinalists and reigning champions of the FC DELCO Players Cup.
- East Islip SC Red Storm: The nationally-renowned Red Storm finished as finalists at two of the top showcase events on the East Coast in November. They traveled to Maryland for the Bethesda Tournament and played in the National Elite Women’s Soccer Showcase (NEWSS) on Long Island over Thanksgiving weekend.
- Massapequa SC Strikers 99: Playing for the host club, Strikers 99 recently captured a title at the prestigious MSSL Showcase. The NPL side also are coming off a run to the FC DELCO Players Cup final.
U-16 Blue Division
- Brentwood SC Freedom 98: Brentwood won the New York East State Cup title in the spring.
- Quickstrike FC Elite 99: NPL side Quickstrike was a semifinalist in the NYE State Cup, won the U-16 Premier Division at the Wallkill Premier Girls College Showcase in early November and were finalists at NEWSS over Thanksgiving weekend.
- Beachside SC: No team in Connecticut in this age group has been able to keep up with Beachside SC, the 2014 State Cup champs.
U-17 Blue Division
- Capital United SC Blue Thunder: 2014 was a solid year for CUSC Blue Thunder, highlighted by a first place finish in the Region I Northeast League and a championship in the EPIC Tournament top division.
- HBC Strikers (AKA W. Islip): A division title at the PA Classics Mid-Atlantic Cup one high point of a productive 2014 for the Strikers.
- Massapequa SC Crush: A fourth place finish in the NYCSL NPL spring season and a run to the Jefferson Cup semifinals began a strong 2014 for Massapequa SC Crush. Over Thanksgiving weekend, the team finished as finalists at NEWSS.
U-18 Blue Division
- Brentwood SC United: Brentwood won the U19 Atlantic Division at the prestigious Bethesda Tournament in November, and is a reigning Disney Soccer Showcase champion.
- Manhattan SC Hotspur: Manhattan won the U19 Patriot Division at the Bethesda Tournament in mid-November, and just two weeks later were finalists in their division at NEWSS. In March, they advanced to the final at Jefferson Cup.
- Nirvana Arsenal: In the past month alone, Nirvana Arsenal has won the MSSL Winter College Showcase, and made runs to the finals of the Wallkill Premier Girls College Showcase and NEWSS.