NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Played in 21 matches in 2021, marking the most appearances by a USMNT player in a calendar year since 1994
- Started four of five appearances in helping the USA win the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Scored his first international goal on a free kick in the USA’s 2-1 win vs. Ghana on July 1, 2017
- Was part of the U.S. roster at the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup and the 2013 and 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cups.
2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING
- Jointly led the USMNT along with Tyler Adams and Antonee Robinson with 13 appearances out of a possible 14 qualifiers.
- Assisted on Weston McKennie’s game-winning goal in the eight minute of the USA’s 3-0 win against Honduras on Feb. 2, 2022, in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Has 19 career caps in World Cup Qualifying, tied for second-most among the current crop of players
- Captured his second MLS Supporters Shield as part of LAFC in 2022
- Won the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and MLS Supporters Shield with FC Dallas in 2016
- Signed as a Homegrown Player with FC Dallas in July 2012
- Helped FC Dallas U-17/18s win the 2010-11 U.S. Soccer Development Academy championship
- Parents are Ken and Kanikah. His father and grandmother were born in Japan, which would have made him eligible to represent the Samurai Blue.
- He is the first Japanese-American man to represent the U.S. at the World Cup
- Grew up in a household with African, Japanese and Mexican influences
- Credits former Dallas Tornado player Zequinha for helping him develop early on
- Was cut from his school’s junior varsity soccer team in 2010 before joining U.S. Soccer’s U-17 Residency Program a month later
- Lists former U.S. striker Eddie Johnson as one of his soccer heroes growing up
- Big into food and fashion
Plano, TX, United States
The USA World Cup roster is set.
Twenty-six players have been called up.
Goals from Kellyn Acosta and Bobby Wood pulled the USA ahead early in the second-half, but a flury of second-half strikes saw Colombia take a 4-2 victory in front of a Tampa-record crowd of 38,631 in the MNT's third Kickoff Series match at Raymond James Stadium Thursday night.
FC Dallas midfielder Kellyn Acosta and defender Matt Hedges, along with Vancouver Whitecaps FC midfielder Kekuta Manneh, have departed the U.S. Men's National Team's January Camp.
U.S. Men's National Team head coach Bruce Arena has called 32 players to Carson, California for the annual January Camp.
U.S. Men's National Team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann has added FC Dallas defender Kellyn Acosta to the roster for the USA's friendly against Ecuador on May 25 in Frisco, Texas.
U.S. Men's National Team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann has submitted the 40-player preliminary roster for the historic 2016 Copa America Centenario.
U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team head coach Tab Ramos has named the 20-player roster for the 2015 CONCACAF U-20 Championship running Jan. 9-24 in Jamaica.
Two local players and a local college player have been named to the U.S. U-20 Men’s National Team roster for the 35th edition of the Dallas Cup, which takes place April 13-20 in Dallas, Texas.
U.S. Under-20 Men’s National Team head coach Tab Ramos has named the 21-player roster that will represent the USA at the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Turkey from June 21-July 13.
U.S. Under-20 Men’s National Team head coach Tab Ramos has named a 22-player roster, which includes local product Collin Martin (Chevy Chase, Md.), to participate in the 2013 Toulon Tournament from May 28-June 8 in Toulon, France.
The U.S. Under-18 Men’s National Team scored a late equalizer and earned a 2-2 draw against Canada on Friday at the U.S. Soccer National Training Center in Carson, Calif.
U.S. U-18 Men’s National Team head coach Javier Perez names 24-player roster for training camp, two games against Canada
U.S. Under-18 Men’s National Team head coach Javier Perez has named a 24-player roster for the team’s upcoming week-long training camp from Nov. 17-24 at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. PSW: Two local products and one local college player have made the roster for the U.S. Under-18 Men’s National Team's upcoming training camp.
The U.S. Under-18 Men’s National Team earned its third win in a row during its European training camp with a 1-0 victory against German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund’s U-18 Academy team on Thursday.
The U.S. Under-18 Men’s National Team benefited from two goals separated by four minutes in the second half to earn a 2-0 win against Dutch club Feyenoord Rotterdam’s U-19 team on Saturday.
U.S. Under-18 Men’s National Team head coach Javier Perez names 20-player roster for foreign training camp in Netherlands
U.S. Under-18 Men’s National Team head coach Javier Perez has named a 20-player roster for an 11-day, foreign-based training camp from Sept. 6-17 in Mill, Netherlands.
Gamesmanship is dyed into the wool of most established soccer cultures, particularly in Latin America. Yet on the field it remains distasteful, even outrageous, to most US and Canadian players and fans – and those two countries' national teams continue to suffer dearly for that enduring naivete, most recently the U.S. U-23s as their Olympic qualifying dream was crushed by Colombia, writes Charles Boehm.