US Club Soccer concludes NPL Boys Playoffs and U-19 National Finals
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. – The 2021 US Club Soccer NPL Boys East and West Playoffs and U-19 Boys NPL National Finals, June 25-29, advanced national title aspirations for 16 teams and awarded NPL championships to three clubs.
The NPL Boys West Playoff and U-19 NPL Boys National Finals took place at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado, while the NPL Boys East Playoffs was held at Manchester Meadows in Rock, Hill, South Carolina.
Those 16 qualifying teams emerged from a competitive NPL National Playoff tournament field of U-14 through U-17 boys age groups, which is a two-stage postseason. Next week, these teams – representing 22 NPLs throughout the country – now advance to the NPL Finals, July 8-12 in Commerce City, Colorado, where they will compete for national championships.
At the oldest age group, Los Angeles Soccer Club (NPL West) earned a national title with its victory in Tuesday’s final. The U-19 NPL National Finals is a single-stage postseason. Los Angeles Soccer Club (LASC) emerged out of the 16-team bracket with an unbeaten 4-0-1 record, amassing a 11-5 goal advantage during that span. The NPL West club edged Wake Futbol Club (South Atlantic Premier League), 3-2, thanks to a winning goal in the 86th minute.
In the U-13 age groups, two teams emerged as champions representing the NPL Boys East Playoffs and the NPL Boys West Playoffs. In the east region, Great Falls Reston Soccer Club (Virginia Premier Soccer League) claimed the U-13 NPL Boys East Playoff title with a narrow 1-0 victory over runner-up Tormenta FC (South Atlantic Premier League). In the west competition, Central Washington Sounders (Washington Premier League NPL) finished with an unblemished 5-0-0 record and earned a 5-1 win in the championship match against Addison United (NISL) to claim the U-13 NPL Boys West Playoff title.
All three championship clubs were first-time winners in NPL postseason history. Below is the list of 16 teams from the U-14 through U-17 age groups that earned qualification for next week’s 2021 NPL Finals:
NPL National Playoff (U-14 through U-17):
Participating teams of the NPL East and NPL West Playoffs were focused on finishing as one of the top two clubs in the U-14, U-15, U-16, and U-17 age groups to qualify to the NPL Finals, July 8-12 in Commerce City, Colorado. Each age group had two matches between top four finishers in group play to determine NPL Finals qualifying spots.
U-14 Boys Division:
- Fever United 07B Moreno (Red River NPL)
- Windy City Rampage 07B Black (NISL)
- South Carolina Surf SC 07B NPL (South Atlantic Premier League)
- Wake FC North (South Atlantic Premier League NPL)
U-15 Boys Division:
- AFC Lightning 06B (South Atlantic Premier League NPL)
- Seacoast Bedford 2006B Elite (New England Premiership – NEP)
- Chicago Fire Juniors City 06B Premier (NISL)
- Addison United Select 06B (NISL)
U-16 Boys Division:
- Wenatchee FC B05 Oyston (Washington Premier League NPL)
- SoCal Elite FC (NPL West)
- Southern Chester County SA Dragons 05B Academy (PRCL)
- Seacoast United Maine SC 2005B NPL (New England Premiership – NEP)
U-17 Boys Division:
- South Carolina Surf SC 04B NPL (South Atlantic Premier League NPL)
- SFA Affiliate Columbus DPP 04B (Great Lakes Alliance NPL)
- Blitz United SC 04B (Red River NPL)
- St. Croix 04B Academy (MDL West)