UNC women’s soccer unveils 2021 signing class featuring eight future Tar Heels
The University of North Carolina women’s soccer program has announced the signing of eight recruits for the incoming class of 2021.
Head coach Anson Dorrance‘s latest group of newcomers includes five midfielders, two forwards and one goalkeepers. The group is loaded with players who have U.S. Youth National Team experience at various levels, representing some of the top youth soccer clubs in the country.
Two of the eight incoming Tar Heels are from in-state clubs NC Courage Academy and Charlotte Soccer Academy. Two others are from Southern California, representing City SC and LA Surf. The remaining three recruits are from the Tri-State area, having played youth soccer for New York City FC, STA and PDA.
UNC recently finished the Fall 2020 campaign with a perfect 9-0-0 record on their way to the regular season ACC Championship title. It was the 17th undefeated regular season in program history. The Tar Heels came up just short in the ACC Tournament final against Florida State.
See below for UNC’s full signing class:
- Emily Allen (Goalkeeper; NC Courage Academy)
- Emily Colton (Midfielder; City SC San Diego)
- Makenna Dominguez (Midfielder; LA Surf)
- Emerson Elgin (Midfielder; STA)
- Asha Means (Forward; Charlotte SA)
- Bella Sember (Midfielder; NYCFC)
- Ally Sentnor (Midfielder; South Shore Select)
- Lauren Wrigley (Forward/Midfielder; PDA)