Rutgers midfielder Julianne Leskauskas transfers to Florida
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Midfielder Julianne Leskauskas is joining the Florida Gators soccer team this fall as she transfers to Florida from Rutgers. Leskauskas played in every match of the Scarlet Knight’s 2021 season, starting 13 matches.
Leskauskas enters Florida as a sophomore and is the team’s eighth addition. In addition to Leskauskas, seven freshmen join the Gators for 2021 preseason training that begins Tuesday morning.
“We look forward to Julianne joining our team. Training camp starts tomorrow so it will be a quick turnaround for her but she’s ready to be a Gator,” said Florida head coach Tony Amato. “She’s a dynamic player with great experience from the collegiate, club and high school levels.”
At Rutgers (Spring 2021)
- Appeared in each of Rutgers’ 16 matches, starting 13.
- Scored match’s only goal in win versus Minnesota
- Played 884 minutes in first collegiate season. Top minutes (96) came in NCAA Second Round double overtime tie versus Clemson
- Played in 2019 High School All-American Game in Orlando, Fla. Scored opening goal to help East to a 3-1 win
- 2018 Elite AllState All-American
- 2019 NJ.com’s All-State second team
- St. Rose H.S. won 2018 South, Non-Public B title and was runner-up in 2018 NJSIAA Non-Public B championship game
- 2019 South Jersey Non-Public- B runner-up
- Set St. Rose single season record with 29 goals in 2018 and raised record to 35 goals in 2019
- 2019 Class B Central Player of the Year and All-Shore selection
- Captain as a senior of Saint Rose High School soccer team
- 2019 United Soccer Coaches Youth All-East Region team
- 2019 ECNL U18/U19 Northeast All-Conference
- Five-year captain of PDA Blue
- Four call ups to national team for U-15 and U-17