Gyasi Zardes withdraws from USMNT roster due to groin strain
CHICAGO (Via U.S. Soccer) – U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder Gyasi Zardes has withdrawn from the World Cup Qualifying roster for October after being sidelined with a groin strain suffered in the LA Galaxy’s 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
The midfielder will not be replaced on the roster, which now stands at 25 players.
+READ: USMNT training camp roster named ahead of World Cup Qualifiers
The MNT opens camp on Monday, Oct. 2 ahead of its decisive set of Final Round World Cup Qualifying matches, beginning with USA-Panama on October 6 (7 p.m. ET; ESPN2, Univision, UDN). Four days later, the U.S. travels to take on Trinidad & Tobago at Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Trinidad (8 p.m. ET; beIN Sports, UNIVERSO).
FEATURED TRYOUTS & CAMPS
- Seeking: Experienced, Motivated Travel Soccer Coaches
- McLean Youth Soccer Seeking Club Administrator
- The St. James To Host NCAA Programs in Spring College Cup
- Mclean Youth Soccer Travel Coach Positions
- Official Elite Summer Soccer Camps with Elite Pro Clubs in Europe
College Recruiting Commitment Tracker
Anna Claire Jacobi
COLLEGE RECRUITING PLAYER PROFILES
Boost your college recruiting profile exposure with a LIFETIME player page on SoccerWire.com, the site colleges coaches rely on.
- Basic $79 – for life
- Featured $229 – for life
- Featured PLUS $349 – for life