Georgetown women’s soccer adds Sydney Cummings on transfer from Brown
WASHINGTON – Sydney Cummings has joined the Georgetown University women’s soccer program from Brown University, as the Hoyas look to build upon a competitive squad that clinched the 2020 BIG EAST Championship and made the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament.
Cummings joins the Hoyas after enjoying a very successful four-year career with the Bears and will join a Georgetown backline which boasted the fifth-highest shutout percentage (0.714) and leading goals against average (0.275) in the nation during the 2020 season.
COACH NOLAN ON SYDNEY CUMMINGS: “We are very excited to welcome Sydney to Georgetown. She comes to us after a stellar career at Brown University where she led the Bears to an Ivy league Championship and a high seeding for the NCAA Tournament. A real competitor and a born leader she joins two All-Americans at center back which provides us with great flexibility and competition. She will be a great addition to our program.”
SYDNEY CUMMINGS | Gr. | Millstone Township, N.J. | Brown University
- Cummings organized a defense that kept 24 career shutouts under her leadership.
- Second Team All-American, unanimous First Team All-Ivy, and First Team All-East Region honors as team captain in 2019.
- That same year, Cummings was recognized as a First Team Scholar All-American and First Team Scholar All-East Region award winner.
- In 2018, she earned Second Team All-Ivy honors and earned a spot on the NEWISA All-New England Second Team.
- Her freshman year, Cummmings earned Second Team All-Ivy Honors in addition to being named the team’s Arlene Gorton ’52 Rookie of the Year Award.
- Represented the Guyana National Team in the FIFA 2019 World Cup qualifiers in May of 2018.