Davidson men’s soccer brings in six recruits for Fall 2021 season
The Wildcats are set to welcome a total of six newcomers to the program this fall.
Babst stated the following on the team’s incoming class:
“We just can’t wait to get this group on campus. What a year it has been, not being able to host players and their families on campus, and not being able to get out and see them play live since last March. But it gave us the ability to watch a lot of video and connect with recruits across the country in looking for players that best fit the identity and ambition of Davidson soccer. At the end of it all we have a class that I believe will immediately raise the level of every layer of the field. We focus so much on the mentality, character and competitiveness in recruiting. Individually each of these recruits stood out in all of those areas. Collectively I think they will be a force competitively and culturally.”
See below for a look at each of Davidson’s new signings ahead of the Fall 2021 season.
Ht: 5-10 | Wt: 155
Hometown: Kenosha, Wisc.
High School: Tremper
Club Team: FC Wisconsin Nationals
Why I chose Davidson: Because what Davidson has to offer academically and athletically is unlike anywhere else.
- Two-time ECNL Midwest Player of the Year
- No. 2 ranked recruit by TopDrawerSoccer in State of Wisconsin
- Invited to train at the ECNL National Team Camp in the Bahamas
- Three-time Conference Player of the Year at Tremper High
- Also a three-time all-state and all-conference selection for high school team
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 180
Hometown: West Hartford, Conn.
High School: Loomis Chaffee School
Club Team: NEFC West
Why I chose Davidson: I chose Davidson because of the tightly knit community, the academic rigor, and the team culture. In various conversations and interactions with people involved in the community as well as the soccer program I was immediately drawn to the institution and its intimacy. Throughout the college process everyone at Davidson was so welcoming and considerate showing me how special of a place it truly is. I am looking forward to getting to campus very soon and getting to work with the team.
· Selected to the high school All-American Watch List
· Named an NESPAC All-Star following junior season
· Three-year starter
· Tabbed all-state and all-league as a senior
Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 160
Hometown: Columbia, S.C.
High School: A.C. Flora
Club Team: South Carolina United FC
Why I chose Davidson: I’ve been a Davidson sports fan my whole life, so that combined with the excellent academics and being close to home was an opportunity that I couldn’t pass up.
- Played entire club career for South Carolina United FC
- Four-year letterwinner A.C. Flora
- Two-time captain and all-state selection
- Also captained the SCUFC ECNL team, while leading to two ECNL conference titles
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 170
Hometown: Olathe, Kansas
High School: Olathe West
Club Team: Kansas City Scott Gallagher
Why I chose Davidson: “I chose Davidson for the wholistic education, community feel, strong soccer program, and smaller class sizes that allow you to get to know your professors.”
- Two-time all-state selection
- Named Kansas Midfielder-of-the-Year following senior campaign
- Also voted first-team all-metro as a senior
- Finished with 7 goals and 5 assists in final season at Olathe West
- Served as team captain
- Led team to State Championship as a junior
Ht: 5-9 | Wt: 165
Hometown: Tucker, Ga.
High School: The Westminster Schools
Club Team: Atlanta United
Why I chose Davidson: I chose Davidson because it perfectly fits my need for a great academic school with a competitive soccer program. I know a lot of people from Georgia who have went to or are currently going to Davidson and they spoke highly of the tight community you get when you go to Davidson. After speaking with Coach Babst, I loved the enthusiasm he had in his voice for creating and leading a team to victory. I’m excited to be a part of this team and compete for an A-10 championship.
· Played in Copa Bravos Internacional Tournament
· Traveled to England with Atlanta United posting a 2-0-2 record
· Member of Concorde Fire DA for three seasons
· Made 41 starts (DA) for Concorde Fire
· Led club team in assists
· Also started all 18 games he appeared in for ECNL
· Selected “Players player of the year” following first season with Concorde
Ht: 5-10 | Wt: 145
Hometown: Richmond, Va.
High School: Cosby
Club Team: Richmond United
Why I chose Davidson: I chose Davidson because I feel it’s both a great academic and athletic fit for me. During the conversations I had in the decision process, I felt valued, which made me excited to join such a welcoming team. The goals of the team match well with my own goals, and I think that being a part of the Davidson team will allow me to grow as both a person and an athlete.
- Served as team captain for several years on Richmond United
- Qualified for Development Academy Cup
- Club team was ranked fourth in the nation before pandemic
- Served as team captain for Cosby