Global - News
Julian Green is fit and ready to fight for Bayern Munich spot
The skepticism abounded when Julian Green was selected for the 23-man United States World Cup squad. After his goal against Belgium, he won the hearts of U.S. Men's National Team supporters everywhere. Now he will look to do the same in Germany with Bayern Munich.
San Jose Earthquakes take defending La Liga champions Atletico Madrid to penalty-kick shootout, but...
The San Jose Earthquakes held defending La Liga champions Atletico Madrid scoreless through 90 minutes before falling 4-3 in penalty kicks in the 2014 Copa Euroamericana on Sunday, July 27 at Candlestick Park, the final sporting event in the venue's storied history.
Crystal Palace FC edge Philadelphia Union 1-0 in mid-season international friendly
Philadelphia Union’s frenetic rally came up just a bit short in a 1-0 loss to Crystal Palace FC of the English Premier League before 15,482 fans Friday night at PPL Park.
Gedion Zelalem to feature for Arsenal vs. NY Red Bulls, but not in upcoming EPL season
The United States doesn't typically send youngsters to English powerhouse Arsenal FC, but that's just one of the many things that makes Gedion Zelalem exceptional.
Jay DeMerit, USMNT, MLS veteran, announces retirement from soccer
Vancouver Whitecaps FC captain Jay DeMerit announced his retirement on Thursday, ending a 10-year professional career that saw him appear at the top level in England and the FIFA World Cup before coming to Major League Soccer.
Columbus Crew earns 2-2 draw in friendly against Barclays Premier League side Crystal Palace FC
The Columbus Crew earned a 2-2 draw against Barclays Premier League Side Crystal Palace FC in an international friendly at Crew Stadium on Wednesday night.
Manchester City prevails 4-1 in Champions Shield over Sporting Kansas City
Reigning English Premier League champions Manchester City opened their tour of the United States on Wednesday with a 4-1 victory over Sporting KC in an international friendly at Sporting Park.
Tottenham Hotspur draw Seattle Sounders FC 3-3 in international friendly
Seattle Sounders FC played to a 3-3 draw against Tottenham Hotspur in an international friendly on Saturday afternoon on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field.
Argentina overcomes Netherlands in PKs to reach World Cup Final
In a World Cup Semifinal match loaded with talented offensive players, the likes of Lionel Messi, Arjen Robben, and Robin van Persie among them, it was goalkeeper Sergio Romero who emerged the hero as Argentina overcame the Netherlands 4-2 in penalty kicks after 120 minutes of scoreless play on Wednesday evening.
STUNNER: Germany crush Brazil in record-setting World Cup semifinal
On a cool evening in Belo Horizonte, Brazil went into the game with belief, confidence, and a desire for redemption as all the players and staff walked into the stadium with the caps ‘Forca Neymar’ on. This was not a game Neymar would have been proud to be a part of - a 7-1 drubbing to the lethal Germany.
Global - Notes & Boasts
- 07/29/14 Manchester United training at FedEx Field photo gallery
- 07/25/14 Julio Cesar returns to Queens Park Rangers, ending loan with Toronto F...
- 07/23/14 Sporting KC takes on Manchester City in pursuit of the Champions Shiel...
- 07/07/14 Freddy Adu’s search for a new club continues in the Netherlands
- 07/07/14 DeAndre Yedlin to AS Roma deal reportedly in the works
- 06/30/14 USMNT striker Terrence Boyd set for RB Leipzig switch
- 06/26/14 U.S. Men’s National Team to face Belgium in Round of 16 at 2014 FIFA W...
- 06/26/14 Luis Suárez suspended four months from any football-related activity
- 03/27/14 N.Y. product Jake Keegan’s winding pro career takes him to Irela...
- 03/01/14 Bradley, Diskerud and Ream withdrawn from U.S. training camp roster ah...
- 10/25/13 FOX Soccer Plus to air all U.S. Women’s Under-17 games at CONCAC...
- 08/31/13 Real Salt duo called up for World Cup Qualifiers
- 08/29/13 New England Revolution signs Jamaican defender O’Brian Woodbine
- 01/30/13 Organizers reveal official poster for World Cup Brazil 2014
- 01/09/13 FC Barcelona youth academy profiled on “60 Minutes”