US Youth Soccer Midwest Conference Girls Fall Showcase Recap
ST. LOUIS (Nov. 10, 2019) – The 2019 US Youth Soccer Midwest Conference Girls Fall Showcase came to a close Sunday at the Creve Coeur Soccer Complex in St. Louis.
More than 120 Midwest Conference teams, including all Premier I and Premier II Division teams in the 15U-19U Girls age groups, competed in some of the final games of their fall season at the event. This weekend saw nine teams clinch first-place finishes in the Premier I and Premier II Divisions.
In addition to division titles, the weekend included several Premier II Division teams securing finishes near the top of the standings that will result in promotion within the Midwest Conference for next season. In the Premier I Divisions, several sides earned an automatic berth into the US Youth Soccer National League for the 2021-21 season with top-two finishes.
Chicago Inter 05 Red (IL) was one of the sides that earned a berth into next year’s National League, as it fought back on Sunday to earn a 2-1 win in its final game of the fall season.
“Because of having the National League spot to play for, this game meant a whole more for them and for us,” Chicago Inter coach Neno Dautovic said. “It brings a lot more intensity to the games. It helps the kids to learn how to step up in these situations.”
Chicago Inter was just one of many sides that concluded their Midwest Conference fall seasons on Sunday, and several teams saw the dedication of the players, coaches and families be rewarded with key results that impact their pathway in the US Youth Soccer Leagues Program and National Championships Series.
“We’re a small club. These girls have been putting in the work for years. We were losing games but kept telling them it would all pay off,” Dautovic said. “This is finally a little bit of recognition for that hard work — winning State Cup and now securing a spot in the National League for next season.”
Some notes from Sunday’s matches:
- Chicago Inter 05 Red (IL) came back to earn a 2-1 win against Lou Fusz Athletic Tottleben 05 (MO) on Sunday, which allowed the Illinois side to move into second place in the 15U Premier I Division. That finish gives Chicago Inter a spot in the National League for the 2020-21 season. SC Wave Juniors 05 Girls (WI) won the division with a perfect 9-0-0 record.
- Sporting Iowa Academy 1 (IA) earned a 2-1 win on Sunday to finish its 15U Premier II Division season in first place with a 9-0-0 record. Meanwhile, KCSG Academy 05 (KS) won two matches on Sunday to pass Team Chicago Academy-2005 Elite (IL). Those top three teams all secure promotion into the Premier I Division for next season.
- In a matchup of the top two teams in the 16U Premier I Division, SC Wave 04 Girls Blue Juniors (WI) scored three second-half goals to earn a 3-0 win over Sporting St. Louis Red Devils 2004 (MO). That result helped SC Wave finish in first place with a perfect 9-0-0 record, while Sporting St. Louis finished in second.
- Madison 56ers 04G Red (WI) won, 3-0, against VSA Premier (IA) to secure a first-place finish in the 16U Premier II Division. MI Burn 04 Black (MI) and Sporting STL 2004 Rangers (MO) each finished with 19 points in the standings to round out the top three sides.
- Nationals Union 03 Black (MI) earned a 1-0 win over Libertyville FC 1974 Elite (IL) on Sunday to bring its weekend total to five points earned in the 17U Premier I Division. That helped Nationals Union stay in second place in the current standings. Lou Fusz 03 Blue – McKee/McVey (MO) previously secured first place in the division.
- After two draws to open the weekend, Michigan Jaguars 2003 Green (MI) earned a 2-1 win on Sunday against CSA 03 1 (IL) to lock down a first-place finish in the 17U Premier II Division. SLSG 2003 Bayern Munich (MO) tied on Sunday to finish second in the group.
- In the 18U Premier I Division, Team Chicago Academy – 2002 Elite (IL) secured a shutout win on Sunday to finish 9-0-0 in the group.
- Lou Fusz Athletic O’Rourke (MO) secured a first-place finish in the 18U Premier II Division earlier in the weekend by capping an unbeaten season.
- Nationals Union 01 Black (MI) secured the top spot in the 19U Premier I Division on Saturday.
- In the 19U Premier II Division, KCSG Academy 01 Copa (KS) and Midwest United FC 01 Royal (MI) played to a scoreless draw to remain tied at the top of the standings.
The Midwest Conference is one in a network of 13 conferences that comprise the multi-state tier of the US Youth Soccer Leagues Program. Each conference provides high-level competition with opportunities for advancement to the US Youth Soccer Regional Championships and the US Youth Soccer National League.
The US Youth Soccer National League provides an avenue for teams to play in meaningful matches against top competition from across the country for continued development. In addition to recruiting opportunities, National League teams compete for the National League title and one of four slots from each gender age group to the annual US Youth Soccer National Championships.
Click here for more information on the National League and its 13 Conferences, including the Midwest Conference.