Eight USA players named to Concacaf U-20 Championship Best XI
BRADENTON, Florida (Via Concacaf) – Following the USA’s crowning as champion on Wednesday in the 2018 Concacaf Under-20 Championship, the Technical Study Group (TSG) announced the competition’s Best XI.
The U.S. defeated Mexico 2-0 to win its second straight CU20 title and second overall.
The Best XI is led by United States goalkeeper Brady Scott, winner of the Golden Glove Award, U.S. midfielder Alex Mendez, who was named the winner of the Scotiabank Golden Ball and Mexico forward Jose Macias, winner of the Golden Boot.
- Goalkeeper – Brady Scott, United States
- Right Back – Sergino Dest, United States
- Left Back – Chris Gloster, United States
- Center Back – Mark McKenzie, United States
- Center Back – Gilberto Sepulveda, Mexico
- Center Midfielder – Brandon Servania, United States
- Center Midfielder – Alex Méndez, United States
- Center Midfielder – Diego Lainez, Mexico
- Winger/Right Midfielder – Ayo Akinola, United States
- Winger/Left Midfielder – Ulysses Llanez, United States
- Striker – José Macías, Mexico