EDP Cup Fall 2020 Boys Best XI selections revealed
By Evan Unger, EDPSoccer.com
EDP Soccer has announced the Best XI from last weekend’s EDP Cup Fall Boys event. The selections were made based on the performance of the players during the tournament. Congratulations to all players who were selected.
The Best XI from the EDP Cup Fall Boys are:
- Cedar Stars Academy Bergen Pre-Academy 2012 – Benny Fernandez #5
- Benny started off the tournament with a hat trick in the teams first game. The team captain and box to box midfielder was dynamic on both sides of the ball, being aggressive and commanding on defense and in possession. In the final, he scored the game’s only goal on a superb free kick.
- The Football Academy NJ 2011 Black – Wells Kasserman #11
- Wells put in multiple man of the match performances throughout the weekend on the teams run to the championship. In the final, he scored a last minute winner against Cedar Stars Academy Bergen.
- Union SC Selecao Blue 11 – Tiernan Boucher #2
- Tiernan is a defender who is essential to the possession based style of the team. His excellent distribution out of the back helped the team maintain possession in difficult situations. His leadership in organizing the team and solid one v one defending helped the team to a third place finish while playing up an age.
- Nationals Oakland 2010 Black – Jacob Copeland #18
- Jacob was dominant throughout the tournament, as the left winger was a handful for defenders to deal with all weekend. On Sunday, he scored the game winner with the first goal against PDA before setting up the team’s second goal, and also scored in the final to help lead the team to the championship.
- The Football Academy NJ 2010 Black – Alex Pando #33
- Alex helped lead the squad into the final with his strong hold up play and finishing ability. Alex scored 7 goals throughout the weekend, including a 5 goal performance in the teams 7-5 win over New York Red Bulls Pre-Academy to reach the final.
- Cedar Stars Academy Bergen Pre-Academy 2009 – Kose Nonami #7
- Kose played close to every minute for Cedar Stars Academy Bergen on their way to the championship. The center midfielder was the engine for the team, as on the defensive side helped the team to 3 clean sheets, and on the offensive side helped aid an attack that scored 10 goals.
- Lehigh Valley United 2009 Black – Toler Wreaks #8
- Toler was excellent for Lehigh Valley throughout the weekend. He defended strongly against great competition as the team allowed only 1 goal per game. He scored the winning goal against Philadelphia Union to send Lehigh Valley United to the final
- Nationals Union 08 Black – Isaac Tortola #8
- Isaac led the attack as the team won all four of their games to finish top of the table. The attack scored 13 goals during its four games, with Isaac consistently creating problems for the opponents back line.
- Torpedoes SC Red 08 – Zach Kooper #33
- Zach scored both goals in the teams 2-0 win over NJ Premier in the teams first game. He followed that up with 2 goals in the 3-0 win over STA ECNL, and the only goal for the team in a 1-1 tie in the teams final game with Lower Merion SC helped secure Torpedoes a 2nd place finish. Zach’s hard work all weekend and cool finishing was instrumental in Torpedoes success.
- Real Jersey FC 07 – Connor Winters #7
- Connor was the most consistent player on one of the top teams in the tournament, playing almost every minute leading the team to the championship. The midfielder was dominant on both sides of the ball, and had two goals and two assists.
- Marlboro SA 2007 Gunner Blue – Brennan Libo #18
- Brennan is the team captain and a key to their success. His work rate on both the attack and defense helped Marlboro finish 2nd place in a group filled with the Regions best teams. Brennan contributed 2 goals and 1 assist during the teams four games.