Central States NPL awards six regular season girls champions
CHARLESTON, S.C. (Via US Club Soccer) – Four clubs won six regular season girls championships of the Central States NPL’s inaugural season. Kansas Rush (Kan.) and Sporting Omaha FC (Neb.) both won a pair of age groups, while Gretna SC (Neb.) and Lou Fusz SC (Mo.) claimed a division apiece.
- 2005 girls: Lou Fusz SC (Mo.)
- 2004 girls: Gretna SC (Neb.)
- 2003 girls: Kansas Rush (Kan.)
- 2002 girls: Kansas Rush (Kan.)
- 2001 girls: Sporting Omaha FC (Neb.)
- 1999/00 girls: Sporting Omaha FC (Neb.)
These champions have now qualified to the 2018 Girls NPL Finals, to be held July 12-16 at Aurora Sports Park in Aurora, Colo., where NPL champions will be determined.
On the boys side of the league, competition continues through mid-April. Boys member clubs recently played the first of two crossover weekends.