Youth Boys - News
McLean Youth Soccer (Va.) to join Club Champions League, replacing PWSI
McLean Youth Soccer (MYS) is the newest member of the Club Champions League (CCL), the league announced last week. MYS is replacing Prince William Soccer, Inc., (PWSI), whose Prince William Courage teams are leaving the CCL following this spring season. [ +US ...
Club Champions League: We won’t be affected by rise of Virginia NPL
The recent announcement of a new statewide youth league in Virginia has raised questions about how it may affect the Club Champions League (CCL), an existing entity which also attracts top clubs from across the Commonwealth. SoccerWire.com investigates.
Cascadia’s Northwest Champions League joins US Club Soccer’s NPL system
The Northwest Champions League, one of the Cascadia region’s leading youth competitions, will join US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues (NPL) beginning in the 2014-15 season, in what US Club Soccer officials call “a move to maintain the Nor...
Controversy – and litigation – brewing over referees at Annandale Premier Cup (Va.)
The Annandale Premier Cup (APC) tournament series prides itself on attracting top teams, playing on quality synthetic-turf fields and being overseen by some of the best referees in the country. However, this year’s main event, held last month at venues across Northern Virginia, have become embroiled in controversy.
Multiple TSF Academy teams advancing program at Dallas Cup this week
Getting invited to a prestigious tournament such as the Dallas Cup is no easy task. Only 184 teams will compete in the 35th anniversary edition of this annual event considered so competitive, that the world's best professional clubs send their youth teams to compete along side the best America has to offer, including US Youth National Team entrants. For TSF Academy of New Jersey, they will have four representatives at the event.
Pay it forward: Virginian Elite Showcase plows proceeds back to local youth
Many youth soccer tournaments raise revenue, and many direct those funds back to their host clubs. But few such events or clubs see the benefits of such a partnership as directly or concretely as the Springfield-South County Youth Club and the Virginian Elite ...
Tim Cahill inspires next generation of Australian soccer with youth academy
Australia’s leading goalscorer, Everton legend, New York Red Bulls Designated Player. Those are all labels that can be put on Tim Cahill. However, there is one other that he continues to cultivate: Grassroots Activist. For the past four years, Cahill has been working in his homeland to encourage participation in the game and impact the development of young athletes via an academy program.
US Club Soccer announces new Virginia National Premier League
US Club Soccer and the National Premier Leagues (NPL) announced the formation of the Virginia NPL on Thursday, with play set to begin in the 2014-15 season. The Virginia NPL will feature Under-13 through U-18 boys and girls teams with teams playing each other ...
Time is right: Arsenal Soccer Schools unveil new U.S. summer camps lineup
NEW YORK — Arsenal Soccer Schools, the youth camps arm of English powerhouse Arsenal FC, has 21 locations internationally and 14 in the United Kingdom. Now the program will finally be coming to the United States of America. Arsenal officials confirmed th...
id2 Training Camp in Raleigh, N.C. wraps up
The second id² Training Camp of the current cycle targeting boys born in 2001 and girls born in 2000, wrapped up Sunday at WRAL Soccer Center in Raleigh, N.C.
Youth Boys - Notes & Boasts
- 04/11/14 VYSA name marketing veteran Phil Summers to new executive director pos...
- 04/01/14 ASL College ID Camp, player selections announced
- 03/27/14 N.Y. product Jake Keegan’s winding pro career takes him to Irela...
- 03/26/14 US Club id2 Camp in Oregon covers 65 clubs from 15 states
- 03/25/14 Youth player development and camp companies merge in Maryland
- 03/24/14 D.C. United Academy update: March 24, 2014
- 03/19/14 Bethesda-Olney’s U18 and U16 Academy teams dominate rival Philad...
- 03/18/14 FC Dallas to host Generation adidas U-17 Cup finals
- 03/18/14 Five Long Islanders inducted into Long Island Soccer Player Hall of Fa...
- 03/17/14 D.C. United Academy U-18s and U-16s earn shutout victories over Match...
- 03/11/14 Four longtime volunteers inducted into Long Island Junior Soccer Leagu...
- 03/10/14 D.C. United Academy U-18s and U-16s defeat Richmond Kickers in first h...
- 03/07/14 Washington Youth Soccer State Championships Golazo Best XI honors anno...
- 03/07/14 All three D.C. United Academy teams win in season openers
- 03/05/14 Loudoun Soccer innovates with online education