Youth Soccer Age Groups Chart
U.S. youth soccer age groups are organized by birth-year. The youth soccer calendar now runs from January to December, rather than August to July as it had previously. Learn about youth soccer age groups using the chart below.
How to determine the birth year used for a competition: Birth year registration should be based on the year in which the season ends. For example, if a season begins in the fall of 2022 and ends in the summer of 2023 (ex: 2022-23 season), the players would be registered based on their age in the year 2023. Competitions that take place in a single year (ex: fall of 2022 only) should use that year to determine birth year. To simplify determining the age group, just subtract the birth year from the year the season ends.
Year Season Ends – Birth Year = Age Group:
- 2022-2023 (Season) – 2016 (Birth Year) = U7 (Age Group)
FEATURED TRYOUTS & CAMPS
- McLean Youth Soccer Seeking Club Administrator
- The St. James To Host NCAA Programs in Spring College Cup
- Mclean Youth Soccer Travel Coach Positions
- Official Elite Summer Soccer Camps with Elite Pro Clubs in Europe
- Joanna Lohman Soccer Camp
College Recruiting Commitment Tracker
Anna Claire Jacobi
COLLEGE RECRUITING PLAYER PROFILES
Boost your college recruiting profile exposure with a LIFETIME player page on SoccerWire.com, the site colleges coaches rely on.
- Basic $79 – for life
- Featured $229 – for life
- Featured PLUS $349 – for life