Elite Youth League
Elite Youth League - News
U.S. Soccer planning sweeping overhaul of youth system, reports NY Times
The U.S. Soccer Federation is ready to move forward with a major renovation of its youth development system, according to an in-depth report from the New York Times. With the founding and subsequent rapid growth of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy, the fede...
Potomac DA-ECNL Preview: Virginia, Richmond head west for ECNL Phoenix
The winter months are quickly approaching, but teams from D.C., Maryland and Virginia continue their hard work in the United States Soccer Development Academy (USSDA) and the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL). On the boys’ side, plenty of the Potomac region’s teams are on their travels, while there are some local clashes. Meanwhile, FC Virginia and Richmond United send teams to the warmer climes of Phoenix, Ariz. for the ECNL Phoenix tournament.
Young Mexican-American talents, Liga MX and the new soccer reality
Pull back the curtain on elite U.S. youth soccer and you'll discover a complex cadre of Mexican scouts, agents and profiteers, all intent on poaching the best and brightest young Mexican-American and Latino talents from their American clubs. Tim Froh takes a look at the benefits, and pitfalls, in front of these players and their families.
Virginia State Cup: How three of four girls’ champions used ECNL players to win
Three teams out of four that won championships in girls divisions at last weekend’s Virginia State Cup hail from clubs that are also members of the Elite Clubs National League, the selective national girls competition which boasts much of the nation's top talent. Were they violating the spirit of the rules, or merely providing their players with the best possible developmental opportunities? SoccerWire.com investigates.
Virginia State Cup: It’s trophy or bust for No. 1-seeded Arlington Eagles Red U-15 boys
It's been a very successful spell for Anthony Damiani and the Arlington (Va.) Eagles Red Under-15 boys team. Over the past two years they've won the Region 1 tournament, earned a Region 1 Premier League title and a semifinal appearance at U.S. Youth Soccer's national championships. But up to now, Virginia State Cup glory has eluded them.
Tri-State DA-ECNL roundup: Solid weekend for Blau Weiss Gottschee, BSC Connecticut
It was another busy weekend of action for Tri-State teams in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy, while Elite Clubs National League action remains sparse as the area’s top players focus on other competitions. USSDA Albertson U-13/14s – BSC Connecti...
Tri-State DA-ECNL Preview: As ECNL clubs look for improvement, will Red Bulls continue to roll?
Another weekend of Development Academy and Elite Clubs National League is soon to get underway. For some teams across the Tri-State area, it has been all joy to start the season, while harsh realities are starting to settle in for others.
De Anza Force’s Shaun Tsakiris on how winning less means developing more in DA
SoccerWire.com's Tim Froh spoke to De Anza coach Shaun Tsakiris about a critical, and often overlooked, aspect of the Development Academy system: Winning now matters far less than it once did.
US Club Soccer names venue for 2015 NPL and National Cup Finals
US Club Soccer will hold both the 2015 NPL Finals and the National Cup XIV Finals will be held at Grand Park in Westfield, Ind.
Tri-State DA-ECNL roundup: New York Red Bulls dominant, East Meadow U-14s shine
Many of the Tri-State area's U.S. Soccer Development Academy and Elite Clubs National League teams donned their match kits over the weekend for the first league games of the new season.
Elite Youth League - Notes & Boasts
- 08/04/14 id² National Selection team attends 2014 Nike National Training Camp
- 06/25/14 D.C. United in Development Academy Playoffs
- 05/12/14 U-14 Arlington Eagles boys finish undefeated in Region 1 Premier Leagu...
- 04/29/14 South County partners with FC Virginia
- 03/19/14 Bethesda-Olney’s U18 and U16 Academy teams dominate rival Philad...
- 03/06/14 All-Tournament Teams announced from 2014 US Youth Soccer Region IV ODP...
- 03/04/14 Super Y-League announces participants for 2014 Girls ODP National Camp
- 03/03/14 Maryland 1998 Boys earn silver medals at 2014 ODP National Championshi...
- 02/26/14 2014 id² National Selection International Tour heads to Italy
- 02/25/14 PDP for Florida/Georgia set for March 23 with expanded age groups
- 02/24/14 Spring id² Training Camps set for Oregon and North Carolina
- 02/18/14 Michigan’s Waza FC East claims top spot as 2013 Super Y-League F...
- 02/18/14 Maryland State ODP 1998 Boys to represent Region I in National Champio...
- 02/11/14 Updated qualification parameters for 2014-15 US Youth Soccer National...
- 02/07/14 Top U-13/14 Development Academy team to be rewarded with trip to 2014...