College Women - News
National signing day: Tri-State products commit to a bevy of blue-chip programs
Players from the Tri-State area made their commitments to play college soccer this week, as Wednesday’s national signing day kicked off the signing period for the sport.
National signing day: Potomac region’s best and brightest make their commitments
National signing day 2015 saw a number of highly rated players from the D.C., Maryland and Virginia area finalise their college choices, while the Potomac region’s schools also now have a much better idea about how their rosters will shape up in the coming years.
Over 900 ECNL players commit to Division I programs for 2015
The Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) today announced the College Impact of the league's 2015 graduating class, revealing that 90 percent of the ECNL's 1,357 graduating seniors will go on to play college soccer in the fall of this year. In total, 1,203 ECNL athletes will go on to play collegiately with 920 in NCAA Division I programs.
National Signing Day: Top college prospects announce their choices on Wednesday
Colleges across the country can start to accelerate their plans for the future of their men’s and women’s soccer programs on Wednesday, February 4 when the top prospects from high schools all over the United States sign National Letters of Intent to play college soccer.
Washington Spirit wheel and deal to good effect at NWSL College Draft
PHILADELPHIA — Initially, the 2015 NWSL College Draft had looked to be a quiet one for the Washington Spirit, who came in with only one pick, the 30th overall selection in the fourth and final round. However, they left the Pennsylvania Convention Center havi...
No. 1 pick Morgan Brian leads Potomac players chosen in 2015 NWSL College Draft
Five players from the Potomac region were chosen in the NWSL College Draft at the Pennsylvania Convention Center , with Virginia standout Morgan Brian being chosen as expected with the first overall pick by the Houston Dash.
Rutgers, Hofstra lead Tri-State schools in alumnae headed for NWSL College Draft
Rutgers and Hofstra Universities have the most players from the Tri-State area in the NWSL College Draft, with three apiece of their former stars hoping for selection by the league’s nine teams.
Morgan Brian leads Potomac-area players in contention for NWSL College Draft
After a stellar four-year career at the University of Virginia that has also seen her make 19 appearances and score three goals for the United States Women’s National Team, Morgan Brian is the most notable player based in D.C., Maryland and Virginia to enter the 2015 NWSL College Draft.
NWSL releases list of 140 college players entering draft
The National Women’s Soccer League has announced the preliminary list of players eligible for selection in the 2015 NWSL College Draft, which will take place on Friday, Jan. 16 at 9:30 a.m.
Soccer Wire’s Top Storylines of 2014
Today we look back on the good, bad, ugly and unusual in the year in soccer with the top storylines found on SoccerWire.com in 2014.
College Women - Notes & Boasts
- 02/18/15 VSA Heat 96 Blue announces update on college commitments
- 01/15/15 NWSL releases complete player list for Friday’s College Draft
- 01/15/15 Finalized order for Friday’s NWSL College Draft
- 12/12/14 Six NCAA DI players named MAC Hermann Trophy finalists
- 11/21/14 Morgan Brian named finalist for U.S. Soccer Young Female Athlete of th...
- 11/07/14 UVa’s Danielle Colaprico named ACC Midfielder of the Year
- 11/06/14 VMI announces search for new head women’s soccer coach
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Danielle Colaprico named ACC Women’s Player of...
- 10/07/14 University of Virginia forward Brittany Ratcliffe named ACC Player of...
- 10/01/14 Underclassmen atop Disney Soccer/NSCAA Players of the Week
- 09/12/14 Former FC Virginia standout Britany Fary named American Conference Roo...
- 09/09/14 Vienna native Rachel Moore earns CAA Rookie of the Week for William ...
- 09/05/14 Navy women’s soccer blanks No. 24 James Madison for second top-25 win...
- 09/03/14 Two forwards, two goalkeepers named Disney Soccer/NSCAA Players of the...
- 08/07/14 Chante Sandiford joins UMBC women’s soccer coaching staff