College Women - News
Twenty-two players recognized as NSCAA Players of the Year
Following the announcements of its All-America and Scholar All-America Teams, the NSCAA has announced the 2014 College and High School Players of the Year.
Florida State’s Mark Krikorian named NCAA Women’s National Coach of the Year
The awards continue to mount for the national champion Florida State women’s soccer team as Mark Krikorian was named National Coach of the Year by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA).
NSCAA names 24 College, High School, Youth Coaches of the Year
Twenty-four head coaches and four assistant coaches from around the country have been recognized by their fellow NSCAA peers as the 2014 NSCAA/FieldTurf Coaches of the Year and 2014 NSCAA/FieldTurf Assistant Coaches of the Year.
Diane Drake resigns as George Mason women’s head coach
After 11 years in the job, George Mason University announced late Monday that Diane Drake had resigned from her position as head coach of the Patriots’ women’s soccer team.
Chris Bergmann named head coach VMI of women’s soccer
Chris Bergmann has been named the new VMI women's soccer head coach, according to information released by VMI athletics director Dr. Dave Diles on Friday. Bergmann becomes the third coach in program history, and will begin his duties on approximately Jan. 1, 2015.
Jamia Fields’ goal lifts Florida State past Virginia 1-0 for first College Cup title
The Florida State women’s soccer team are national champions! Senior Jamia Fields broke a scoreless tie in the 83rd minute and the second-ranked Seminoles (24-1-1) survived a late fury from the fourth-ranked Cavaliers (23-3-0) as Florida State captured its first national championship in program history with a 1-0 victory over Virginia Sunday afternoon in the finals of the 2014 Women’s College Cup inside FAU Stadium.
NSCAA All-America teams announced for NCAA Women Division I, II, III
The National Soccer Coaches Association of America has announced the 2014 NSCAA Women’s All-America Teams for all three NCAA divisions.
UVA women reach College Cup Final with 3-1 win over Texas A&M
The fourth-ranked Virginia women’s soccer team advanced to its first NCAA Women’s College Cup final with a 3-1 semifinal victory over fifth-ranked Texas A&M Friday night at FAU Stadium. The Cavaliers (23-2) will play for their first national championship Sunday, while the Aggies (22-3-2) had their 14-game unbeaten streak snapped.
Florida State women blank Stanford 2-0, advances to NCAA Championship
For the second year in a row and third time in school history Florida State will play in the final game of the season. On Friday night, the second-ranked Seminoles (23-1-1) took one step closer to claiming the program’s first national championship after blanking third-ranked Stanford (20-2-3) 2-0 in the second semifinal of the 2014 Women’s College Cup inside FAU Stadium.
UVA leads all programs with three players named as Hermann Trophy Semifinalists
A total of 32 players take another step toward winning the most coveted award in college soccer, as they were named semifinalists for the 2014 MAC Hermann Trophy. The University of Virginia leads all schools with three players between the men's and women's lists.
College Women - Notes & Boasts
- 12/12/14 Six NCAA DI players named MAC Hermann Trophy finalists
- 11/21/14 Morgan Brian named finalist for U.S. Soccer Young Female Athlete of th...
- 11/07/14 UVa’s Danielle Colaprico named ACC Midfielder of the Year
- 11/06/14 VMI announces search for new head women’s soccer coach
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Danielle Colaprico named ACC Women’s Player of...
- 10/07/14 University of Virginia forward Brittany Ratcliffe named ACC Player of...
- 10/01/14 Underclassmen atop Disney Soccer/NSCAA Players of the Week
- 09/12/14 Former FC Virginia standout Britany Fary named American Conference Roo...
- 09/09/14 Vienna native Rachel Moore earns CAA Rookie of the Week for William ...
- 09/05/14 Navy women’s soccer blanks No. 24 James Madison for second top-25 win...
- 09/03/14 Two forwards, two goalkeepers named Disney Soccer/NSCAA Players of the...
- 08/07/14 Chante Sandiford joins UMBC women’s soccer coaching staff
- 08/07/14 Chris Harmon Named Director of Old Dominion University Soccer Operatio...
- 07/16/14 Former ODP player Kalijah Terilli representing the United States and...
- 07/11/14 Florida Women’s Soccer announces 2014 schedule for program’...