College Women - News
U.S. U-23 WNT camp in Florida features 24 college players
The U.S. Under-23 Women’s National Team will hold a training camp in Lakewood Ranch, Florida, from April 26-May 3, featuring 24 current collegiate players.
With new location, age bracket, Headers for Hope charity event still trucking in year 18
The Headers for Hope 2015 Women’s Soccer Showcase marks another milestone this weekend as the charity tournament's 18th edition takes place in Ellicott City, Maryland, with matches between a bevy of top NCAA women's programs joined by an Under-15 age group.
Washington Spirit hosting UNC in final preseason match Saturday at Maryland SoccerPlex
The Washington Spirit will face the University of North Carolina on Saturday April 4th at Maureen Hendricks Field. Last week, the Spirit lost 1-0 in a tight match to the University of Virginia.
Washington Spirit fall 1-0 to University of Virginia in preseason
Boyds, Md. (Via Washington Spirit) – The Washington Spirit fell to the University of Virginia 1-0 in a chilly preseason friendly on Saturday night. The Wahoos lone goal was scored in the 35th minute by Alexis Shaffer. Both sides got off to a slow start ba...
Jefferson Cup: VISTA Elite Impact 96 U-18 girls near end of long, happy road together
VISTA Elite Impact 96 won a 3-1 victory over FC Frederick '96 in their third match of the 2015 Jefferson Cup on Sunday, but the occasion held far more significance than that. After nine straight years, Elite Impact had reached the final day of their Jeff Cup experience, a bittersweet moment for a team that's grown up together.
SoccerWire Q&A: Duke’s Robbie Church talks Jeff Cup, recruiting, spring match vs. UVa
Duke women’s head coach Robbie Church is charging hard this week, scouting future recruits at both the Las Vegas Players Showcase and the Jefferson Cup girls showcase and leading his Blue Devils into a spring friendly against Virginia. SoccerWire.com caught up with Church to chat about his hectic weekend.
National signing day: Tri-State products commit to a bevy of blue-chip programs
Players from the Tri-State area made their commitments to play college soccer this week, as Wednesday’s national signing day kicked off the signing period for the sport.
National signing day: Potomac region’s best and brightest make their commitments
National signing day 2015 saw a number of highly rated players from the D.C., Maryland and Virginia area finalise their college choices, while the Potomac region’s schools also now have a much better idea about how their rosters will shape up in the coming years.
Over 900 ECNL players commit to Division I programs for 2015
The Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) today announced the College Impact of the league's 2015 graduating class, revealing that 90 percent of the ECNL's 1,357 graduating seniors will go on to play college soccer in the fall of this year. In total, 1,203 ECNL athletes will go on to play collegiately with 920 in NCAA Division I programs.
National Signing Day: Top college prospects announce their choices on Wednesday
Colleges across the country can start to accelerate their plans for the future of their men’s and women’s soccer programs on Wednesday, February 4 when the top prospects from high schools all over the United States sign National Letters of Intent to play college soccer.
College Women - Notes & Boasts
- 03/26/15 Zoe Foxhall, Jen Boyles, Kristina Diana added to Virginia Tech 2015 re...
- 02/18/15 VSA Heat 96 Blue announces update on college commitments
- 01/15/15 NWSL releases complete player list for Friday’s College Draft
- 01/15/15 Finalized order for Friday’s NWSL College Draft
- 12/12/14 Six NCAA DI players named MAC Hermann Trophy finalists
- 11/21/14 Morgan Brian named finalist for U.S. Soccer Young Female Athlete of th...
- 11/07/14 UVa’s Danielle Colaprico named ACC Midfielder of the Year
- 11/06/14 VMI announces search for new head women’s soccer coach
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Danielle Colaprico named ACC Women’s Player of...
- 10/07/14 University of Virginia forward Brittany Ratcliffe named ACC Player of...
- 10/01/14 Underclassmen atop Disney Soccer/NSCAA Players of the Week
- 09/12/14 Former FC Virginia standout Britany Fary named American Conference Roo...
- 09/09/14 Vienna native Rachel Moore earns CAA Rookie of the Week for William ...
- 09/05/14 Navy women’s soccer blanks No. 24 James Madison for second top-25 win...
- 09/03/14 Two forwards, two goalkeepers named Disney Soccer/NSCAA Players of the...