College Recruiting - News
Loudoun Soccer College Showcase to feature top area youth teams next spring
The Loudoun Soccer College Showcase, presented by Steigerwald, Gordon, and Koch Wealth Advisors, returns in early March. The tournament offers elite youth soccer teams the opportunity to participate in a late-winter tournament preparing them for the 2015 Spring season. The event also gives players a chance to showcase their talents to over 50 college coaches.
SW Q&A: Georgetown men’s coach Brian Wiese on recruiting, psychology…and PKs
Georgetown University’s mens soccer program has vaulted from regional contender to national powerhouse in recent years, and on Friday the Hoyas – ranked No. 9 in the country in the NSCAA and TopDrawerSoccer.com polls – host Harvard for their 2014 hom...
US Club Soccer announces NPL partnership with Surf Cup, Jefferson Cup tournaments
US Club Soccer announced a new partnership with San Diego's Surf Cup and the Jefferson Cup in Richmond, Virginia on Wednesday, providing top National Premier League teams slots at both events in 2015.
After long USSDA season, Bethesda-Olney U-18s look back with pride
Way back in August 2013, Bethesda-Olney’s Boys’ Under-18 side started to prepare for their first season in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy (USSDA). Taking their place in the East Conference, the team would face a number of Major League Soccer academy s...
FASA Girls Collegiate Soccer Camp flourishes in third year
Over the past three summers, the Fredericksburg Area Soccer Association's Girls Collegiate Camp has been opening doors for both ends of the recruiting process, and giving potential college athletes a feel for life at the next level on and off the pitch.
Memorial Day weekend showcase tournament round-up
While most of the country spends Memorial Day by the pool or at backyard barbeques, the nation's serious youth soccer players are on the pitch, many of whom are trying to prove their abilities to college coaches at pivotal showcase events. This year was no different, as many Potomac area youth teams traveled to out-of-state tournaments while others stayed to play in some of the prestigious local events.
Virginian Day 1: Out-of-state teams shine in Girls Showcase
Playing in front of college coaches in search of the future foundations of their programs, teams from New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Maryland put up wins, some of the lopsided variety on Evergreen's newly-built turf fields. Virginia teams turned the heads of college coaches as well with dynamic performances in an eventful first day of the girls U16 and U17-19 showcase groups.
Virginia Women’s Soccer announces 2014 incoming class
The Virginia women’s soccer team announced Thursday the addition of nine players who will join the program this fall. The incoming class consists of seven first-years and two transfers.
Controversy – and litigation – brewing over referees at Annandale Premier Cup (Va.)
The Annandale Premier Cup (APC) tournament series prides itself on attracting top teams, playing on quality synthetic-turf fields and being overseen by some of the best referees in the country. However, this year’s main event, held last month at venues across Northern Virginia, have become embroiled in controversy.
Path less traveled: FASA (Va.) college program shows another way to NCAA
The Fredericksburg Soccer Association doesn't compete in major national events like ECNL and National League, but their top players consistently catch the attention of college recruiters and find opportunities to play at the NCAA level. How is this happening? The man behind their college prep program shows SoccerWire.com his methods.
College Recruiting - Notes & Boasts
- 07/23/14 Twenty two students entering college receive Long Island Junior Soccer...
- 07/19/14 Navy men’s soccer announces incoming class
- 02/23/14 Forty-six Maryland United FC players commit to colleges
- 02/12/14 Roanoke announces college commitments for 2014
- 02/05/14 Towson women’s soccer signs six for 2014
- 12/27/13 Six Potomac region clubs headed to Sanford for major ECNL event
- 04/16/13 U.S. Under-18, Baltimore Bays Chelsea’s Jacori Hayes commits to...
- 02/08/13 The Committed: Local players sign letters of intent to play college so...
- 02/01/13 Eight Woodgrove High School girls soccer players to sign letters of in...
- 12/14/12 Virginia Rush’s Josh Butler commits to Brown University
- 06/25/12 UVa men lose top 2012 recruit Shane O’Neill to MLS homegrown con...
- 03/17/12 TSW Q&A: College assistant coach discusses recruiting top talent...
- 03/17/12 TSW Q&A: U17 Bethesda Freedom and University of Maryland coach Jon...
- 03/11/12 TSW Q&A: U17 Empire United Rochester’s Jack Burgasser with d...
- 03/11/12 Lake Grove United’s Tim Graham departs Richmond pleased with his...