International Men - News
Gedion Zelalem to feature for Arsenal vs. NY Red Bulls, but not in upcoming EPL season
The United States doesn't typically send youngsters to English powerhouse Arsenal FC, but that's just one of the many things that makes Gedion Zelalem exceptional.
Jay DeMerit, USMNT, MLS veteran, announces retirement from soccer
Vancouver Whitecaps FC captain Jay DeMerit announced his retirement on Thursday, ending a 10-year professional career that saw him appear at the top level in England and the FIFA World Cup before coming to Major League Soccer.
Columbus Crew earns 2-2 draw in friendly against Barclays Premier League side Crystal Palace FC
The Columbus Crew earned a 2-2 draw against Barclays Premier League Side Crystal Palace FC in an international friendly at Crew Stadium on Wednesday night.
MLS All-Star Bill Hamid has month to remember for D.C. United
WASHINGTON — It has been quite a few weeks for D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid. The 23-year-old made his 100th appearance for United on Sunday against Chivas USA — the first Homegrown player and the youngest goalkeeper to reach the milestone. That came j...
Julian Green not expected to be loaned out by Bayern Munich, says Pep Guardiola
He may have been an unknown quantity to the American public before the World Cup, but that is no longer the case for Julian Green. Fresh off scoring in the World Cup, eyes may follow Bayern Munich even closer.
Bethesda-Olney U-17/18s edge Montreal, advance to Dev. Academy championship
In only their first season in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy, Bethesda-Olney SC are on the verge of winning a national title. A dramatic 85th-minute goal by Matthew Ledder (a Georgetown commit) off a corner kick nudged Bethesda-Olney past the Montreal I...
U.S. Men’s National Team wins Best Moment at 2014 ESPY Awards
The U.S. Men's National Team won Best Moment at the ESPYs this evening for its 2-1 victory against Ghana in the team's opening group match of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Natal, Brazil.
Germany wins fourth World Cup in nation’s history on dramatic extra time goal
Germany hoisted the World Cup trophy for the fourth time in it nation's history following a 1-0 win over Argentina on Sunday afternoon.
Clint Dempsey drops in on Late Show with David Letterman, CBS This Morning
Clint Dempsey is generally a man of few words, but those words were well-received on national network television this week as his post-World Cup media tour continued with appearances on “The Late Show with David Letterman” and “CBS This Morning.”
Argentina overcomes Netherlands in PKs to reach World Cup Final
In a World Cup Semifinal match loaded with talented offensive players, the likes of Lionel Messi, Arjen Robben, and Robin van Persie among them, it was goalkeeper Sergio Romero who emerged the hero as Argentina overcame the Netherlands 4-2 in penalty kicks after 120 minutes of scoreless play on Wednesday evening.
International Men - Notes & Boasts
- 07/23/14 Sporting KC takes on Manchester City in pursuit of the Champions Shiel...
- 07/16/14 San Jose Earthquakes’ Tommy Thompson called to United States U-2...
- 07/13/14 Freddy Adu doesn’t receive contract offer after trial with Dutch...
- 07/07/14 Freddy Adu’s search for a new club continues in the Netherlands
- 07/07/14 DeAndre Yedlin to AS Roma deal reportedly in the works
- 07/03/14 President Obama Calls Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey
- 06/30/14 USMNT striker Terrence Boyd set for RB Leipzig switch
- 06/26/14 U.S. Men’s National Team to face Belgium in Round of 16 at 2014 FIFA W...
- 06/26/14 Luis Suárez suspended four months from any football-related activity
- 06/26/14 USA-Germany in Dupont Circle
- 06/24/14 Freddy Adu on trial with Bob Bradley’s club Stabaek in Norway
- 06/13/14 D.C. United, Leidos host outdoor World Cup watch party
- 05/31/14 U.S. MNT to play Turkey in front of sellout crowd Sunday
- 05/31/14 Screaming Eagles add sixth bus for USMNT vs. Turkey at Red Bull Arena
- 05/30/14 Real Salt Lake forward Alvaro Saborio to miss World Cup due to broken...