HS Boys - News
NYC Mayor’s Cup: Public schools prove to be ‘Best in the City’
The 2014 NYC Mayor's Cup Soccer All-Star Games brought together the top high school seniors from the Public Schools Athletic League (PSAL), the Catholic High School Athletic Association (CHSAA) and the independent schools as they competed for the right to call their league the "Best in the City" on November 15 and 16 at Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn.
New York City’s best high school senior players set to face off in Mayor’s Cup
Who says citywide bragging rights aren’t important? New York City’s best high school seniors will compete just for that in the Mayor’s Cup. Teams compiled of the top talent in each league – Public Schools Athletic League (PSAL) and Cath...
Despite huge travel demands, three West Virginia youth players take talents to DMV
Cameron Heustis, Aiden Darlington and Sam Morgan have traded small town soccer in West Virginia for the "big leagues" of the DMV. For them, the quality of soccer makes the treacherous cross-state commute worth it.
Argentina’s Racing Club want Ibrahim Abukwaik, but New Jersey talent prefers college route
Like most high school juniors, Ibrahim Abukwaik is currently readying to take his SAT as he begins to make his college plans. However, he is not like most high school juniors. Abukwaik has been training in Argentina with top-flight side Racing Club de Avellaneda, only coming back to the United States to prepare and take the test.
Standing Tall: D.C. Gatorade Player of the Year Nick Jackson’s remarkable career re-visited
The end of Sidwell Friends School's fall soccer season back in November came down to two separate penalty kicks to help the school to a conference and state title. Nick Jackson, who was a regular holding midfielder found himself between the goalposts during the shootouts. However, it wasn't an unfamiliar territory for the D.C. Gatorade Player of the Year, but one he didn't venture into for years.
Doing the Double: Two-time Gatorade POY and Maryland commit George Campbell is a rare talent
Winning state Gatorade Player of the Year once is an outstanding achievement at the close of a high school season, but being recognized twice shows exemplary consistency at a high level of play in addition to impressive commitments off the field. George Campbell of the McDonogh School in Maryland has done just that, taking the honor for a second straight year. The senior midfielder found the net 23 times and assisted on 15 goals.
Virginia Gatorade Player of the Year Peter Pearson takes the stage
Peter Pearson is certainly known for his soccer abilities in his home community of Virginia Beach, Virginia, and now the word is clearly getting around. Pearson has been recognized as the state’s Gatorade Player of the Year after scoring 29 goals to go ...
Pearson named Virginia Gatorade State Player of the Year
Gatorade released the spring portion of its 29th annual list of State Player of the Year award winners for boys soccer on May 13. Peter Pearson of Cape Henry Collegiate School won the award for Virginia, becoming the school's first player to earn the distinction.
Dallas Cup: Champions earn title triumphs in U-13 through U-16 groups
DALLAS, Texas – The Dr Pepper Dallas Cup, the most prestigious international youth soccer tournament in the United States, awarded the iconic Boot and Ball trophy to the Champions of the Under-13, U-14, U-15, and U-16 age groups on Saturday. Chivas USA met...
Jeff Cup Q&A: Niagara coach Eric Barnes talks recruiting, high school vs. DA and more
MIDLOTHIAN, Va. – The Jefferson Cup draws hundreds of NCAA coaches from across the country, attracted by the event’s massive size and high density of talent in showcase brackets. It also offers them particularly good access to players outside their own...
HS Boys - Notes & Boasts
- 10/28/14 Three Baltimore Celtic players selected for High School All American G...
- 07/03/14 NSCAA announces 2014 Spring High School Team Ethics and Sportsmanship...
- 06/25/14 NSCAA names 101 high school players as Scholar All-Americans
- 05/27/14 Elite Development League adds three Northern Virginia Clubs
- 05/22/14 Brookwood’s Rivera and Randolph’s Harper named High School...
- 04/17/14 Paul Darmstadter earns NSCAA HS Player of the Week honors
- 03/18/14 NSCAATV to feature high school games in spring
- 01/02/14 NSCAA announces 2013 Team Ethics and Sportsmanship Award winners
- 12/19/13 NSCAA announces 2013 National Players of the Year
- 12/02/13 NSCAATV to stream High School All-America games
- 11/21/13 NSCAA announces 2012-13 Team Academic Awards for college and high scho...
- 11/13/13 Thomas, LaPlant shine as NSCAA Players of the Week
- 10/30/13 Killebrew, Brummett earn NSCAA High School Player of the Week nods
- 10/29/13 New NSCAA National College and High School Rankings released
- 10/22/13 Updated NSCAA National College Rankings posted