College Men - News
USL PRO: Why Jay Vidovich’s move from Wake Forest to Timbers 2 matters
New head coaching hires in USL PRO, North America's third-tier professional soccer league, rarely draw much attention beyond the most devoted fans of the club in question. But this week's news that the Portland Timbers have lured Jay Vidovich away from Wake Forest to take the top spot at T2, their new USL PRO entry, are a noteworthy exception to that norm.
Twenty-two players recognized as NSCAA Players of the Year
Following the announcements of its All-America and Scholar All-America Teams, the NSCAA has announced the 2014 College and High School Players of the Year.
UMBC’s Pete Caringi named NSCAA National Coach of the Year
UMBC Head Men’s Soccer Coach Pete Caringi has been named the 2014 National Division I Coach of the Year by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.
NSCAA names 24 College, High School, Youth Coaches of the Year
Twenty-four head coaches and four assistant coaches from around the country have been recognized by their fellow NSCAA peers as the 2014 NSCAA/FieldTurf Coaches of the Year and 2014 NSCAA/FieldTurf Assistant Coaches of the Year.
Virginia wins College Cup title in PKs after scoreless match vs. UCLA
Five years and a day after members of the University of Virginia men's soccer team posed for a celebratory photo in this town, each one holding six fingers in the air, the scene was repeated on the same field. This time at WakeMed Soccer Park, though, the Cavaliers held up seven fingers -- one for each of the program's NCAA championships. Moments earlier, sophomore forward Riggs Lennon had secured the title with a strike that gave Virginia a 4-2 victory in its penalty-kick shootout with UCLA.
Virginia reaches NCAA Championship match with 1-0 win over UMBC
The Virginia men’s soccer team advanced to the national championship game with a 1-0 victory over UMBC Friday evening in the semifinals of the NCAA College Cup, hosted at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, N.C. Darius Madison (Jr., Philadelphia, Pa.) scored in the fifth minute, and Virginia (13-6-3) made it stand as the Cavaliers recorded their 10th clean sheet of the season.
Upstart UMBC, historic UVA set for College Cup Semifinal
The UMBC men's soccer squad (14-5-5) makes the university's first-ever appearance in any NCAA national semifinal contest on Friday, as the Retrievers meet favored Virginia in the NCAA College Cup after springing four upset road wins in 16 days in the NCAA Tournament. The UMBC men's soccer squad (14-5-5) makes the university's first-ever appearance in any NCAA national semifinal contest on Friday, as the Retrievers meet favored Virginia in the NCAA College Cup after springing four upset road wins in 16 days in the NCAA Tournament. The contest gets underway at 5 p.m. and will be broadcast live by ESPNU/ESPN3/WatchESPN App.
Virginia advances to second straight NCAA Men’s College Cup
The Virginia men's soccer team advanced to its second straight NCAA College Cup after winning a penalty-kick shootout, 5-4, against No. 8 seed Georgetown Saturday in the quarterfinal round of the 2014 NCAA Championship.
NCAA Tournament: Can UMBC men carry their Cinderella run to College Cup?
The UMBC Retrievers men's soccer team continue their deepest NCAA Tournament run in program history on Friday, when they visit the Creighton Bluejays in the NCAA quarterfinals in Omaha, Nebraska.
Morgan Brian named U.S. Soccer Young Female Athlete of the Year
Virginia women’s soccer senior midfielder Morgan Brian (St. Simons Island, Ga.) was named the 2014 U.S. Soccer Young Female Athlete of the Year, the organization announced Thursday
College Men - Notes & Boasts
- 12/17/14 Fifteen New York Red Bulls Academy players earn NCAA Division I confer...
- 12/15/14 Maryland’s Zack Steffen signs with SC Freiburg of Bundesliga
- 12/12/14 Six NCAA DI players named MAC Hermann Trophy finalists
- 12/12/14 NSCAA announces NCAA Men’s All-America teams
- 12/11/14 MLS invites 55 college seniors to upcoming 2015 Player Combine
- 11/19/14 UNLV’s Danny Musovski garners last Disney Soccer/NSCAA Player of the W...
- 11/04/14 Notre Dame’s Evan Panken named ACC Player of the Week
- 10/28/14 Wake Forest’s Jon Bakero named ACC Men’s Soccer Player of...
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Bird named ACC Men’s Soccer Player Of The Week
- 10/14/14 Maryland goalkeeper Zack Steffen named Big Ten Men’s Soccer Defe...
- 10/07/14 Georgetown sophomore Joshua Yaro Named BIG EAST Defensive Player of th...
- 10/01/14 Underclassmen atop Disney Soccer/NSCAA Players of the Week
- 09/30/14 Syracuse’s Thomas named ACC Men’s Soccer Player of the Week
- 09/18/14 Army-Navy men’s soccer-PPL Park agreement extended to 2017
- 09/09/14 Wake Forest’s Michael Gamble named ACC men’s soccer Player of the Week