College Men - News
D.C. United Academy’s Ibrahim Seye makes commitment beyond soccer with West Point bid
An immigrant from Senegal, Ibrahim Seye’s father has lived the American Dream, having built himself up through hard work and determination to be a graduate of Georgetown University. Now, his son is ready to commence a journey of his own with a commitment to the United States Military Academy in West Point, New York.
UVA grad Ryan Zinkhan hired as General Manager of Fredericksburg FC
Two months after winning an NCAA College Cup title with the University of Virginia in his senior year, Ryan Zinkhan has accepted an offer to step in as general manager of Fredericksburg FC, the club announced over the weekend in the latest of a series of sweeping leadership changes.
National signing day: Tri-State products commit to a bevy of blue-chip programs
Players from the Tri-State area made their commitments to play college soccer this week, as Wednesday’s national signing day kicked off the signing period for the sport.
National signing day: Potomac region’s best and brightest make their commitments
National signing day 2015 saw a number of highly rated players from the D.C., Maryland and Virginia area finalise their college choices, while the Potomac region’s schools also now have a much better idea about how their rosters will shape up in the coming years.
USSDA clubs have 278 college commitments on signing day
National Signing Day took place on Wednesday, Feb. 4, as numerous players in U.S. Soccer’s Development Academy announced their college choices starting this fall. Of the 33 clubs that submitted their Academy college commitments, D.C. United heads the group with 16 players headed to the collegiate ranks. This 33-club group includes 278 college-bound players.
National Signing Day: Top college prospects announce their choices on Wednesday
Colleges across the country can start to accelerate their plans for the future of their men’s and women’s soccer programs on Wednesday, February 4 when the top prospects from high schools all over the United States sign National Letters of Intent to play college soccer.
From Juarez to California to D.C. United, Miguel Aguilar treads long path to pro ranks
D.C. United's first-round pick in the MLS SuperDraft left behind the violence of Juarez, Mexico to move to California, where he flourished academically at the University of San Francisco before being chosen by the Black-and-Red.
Three Tri-State players chosen in final rounds of 2015 MLS SuperDraft
Three players were chosen from the Tri-State region in the third and fourth rounds of the 2015 MLS SuperDraft, which concluded by teleconference call.
Three players chosen from Potomac region as MLS SuperDraft wraps up
Three Potomac-region college players were selected in the third and fourth rounds of the 2015 MLS SuperDraft, which concluded by teleconference call ahead of the start of the new season.
Schellas Hyndman talks NCAA schedule on his return to sidelines with Grand Canyon U
After a year away from fulltime coaching, former FC Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman is back where he started his career, in the college game. The longtime FC Dallas boss has taken a new position as head coach of the new program at Grand Canyon University in Arizona.
College Men - Notes & Boasts
- 02/18/15 Virginia men’s soccer brings in six players for 2015-16
- 02/04/15 Eighteen D.C. United Academy players commit on National Signing Day
- 01/30/15 D.C. United Academy player Eryk Williamson commits to Maryland
- 01/27/15 Georgetown’s Tyler Rudy picked up by New England Revolution
- 01/27/15 Georgetown to play two MLS teams during spring season
- 01/05/15 MLS signs eight college standouts ahead of 2015 SuperDraft
- 01/01/15 Nine college seniors added to 2015 adidas MLS Player Combine
- 12/17/14 Fifteen New York Red Bulls Academy players earn NCAA Division I confer...
- 12/15/14 Maryland’s Zack Steffen signs with SC Freiburg of Bundesliga
- 12/12/14 Six NCAA DI players named MAC Hermann Trophy finalists
- 12/12/14 NSCAA announces NCAA Men’s All-America teams
- 12/11/14 MLS invites 55 college seniors to upcoming 2015 Player Combine
- 11/19/14 UNLV’s Danny Musovski garners last Disney Soccer/NSCAA Player of the W...
- 11/04/14 Notre Dame’s Evan Panken named ACC Player of the Week
- 10/28/14 Wake Forest’s Jon Bakero named ACC Men’s Soccer Player of...