News - News
San Francisco 49ers owners helping fund Sacramento Republic FC bid for MLS expansion
DeYor Enterprises, LLC, an entity controlled by the York Family, owners of the San Francisco 49ers (NFL), has entered into a partnership to join Sacramento Republic FC’s bid to receive MLS expansion rights.
Over 23,500 tickets sold for USWNT vs. New Zealand two hours into sales window
Two hours into the public sales window, tickets for the U.S. Women's National Team match in St. Louis and Men's National Team game in San Antonio during the month of April are selling fast.
Chasing European dreams: Walt Whitman (Md.) alum Jonny Mehrez carving out pro career in Belgium
Bethesda, Md. native Jonny Mehrez chose to college soccer and is now in the process of carving himself out a professional career in Europe after being a standout midfielder for Walt Whitman High School.
Ali Krieger, Taylor Twellman headline 2015 VYSA Convention in Crystal City, Va.
The Virginia Youth Soccer Association has gathered an impressive list of panelists and presenters at the 2015 edition of its annual convention, set to open Friday evening at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington, Virginia and continue through Saturday.
Ellis names U.S. WNT roster for matches in Europe against France, England
U.S. Women's National Team head coach Jill Ellis has named 24 players for a 13-day trip to Europe that will feature matches against France on Feb. 8 in Lorient (12 p.m. ET on ESPN2) and against England on Feb. 13 in Milton Keynes (3 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1).
Major League Loophole: A look at MLS’s shaky single-entity status
MLS's collective bargaining agreement with its players union is set to expire this weekend and the sides looking quite far apart in their ongoing negotiations. So with the unsettling possibility of a work stoppage looming as the days count down to the 2015 season's scheduled opening in March, SoccerWire again turned to Canadian-based lawyer and passionate soccer fan Elizabeth Cotignola for expert analysis on the legal underpinnings of this debate.
MLS sells KICKTV to Copa90
Major League Soccer announced today that it has sold KICKTV, its global soccer media platform with a core presence on YouTube, to Copa90. MLS will retain an ownership stake in the newly created company and will work strategically with Copa90. Per MLS policy, specific terms of the deal were not disclosed.
NBA franchise Sacramento Kings makes MLS-level investment in Sacramento Republic FC
The Sacramento Kings have made an MLS-level investment in Sacramento Republic FC, as the USL PRO club seeks to move up to the top pro league in the United States.
Shea, Altidore goals not enough as USMNT falls to No. 14 Chile
The U.S. Men's National Team opened the new year with a 3-2 loss against No. 14 FIFA-ranked Chile at Estadio El Teniente.
Twenty-eight players named to U.S. U-17 MNT Spring Residency Roster
U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team head coach Richie Williams has invited 28 players to the 2015 Spring Semester of the U.S. U-17 Residency Program in Bradenton, Florida.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 01/30/15 Fredericksburg FC launches 500+ player Futsal program
- 01/30/15 D.C. United Academy player Eryk Williamson commits to Maryland
- 01/30/15 New York Cosmos to play preseason match in El Salvador
- 01/29/15 FC Milan U16/17 girls win U.S. Youth Futsal 3v3 National Championship
- 01/29/15 FC Milan U15/16 Girls place first in U.S. Youth Futsal Regional Champi...
- 01/29/15 Houston Dynamo appoint Paul Rogers as goalkeeper coach
- 01/29/15 Cosmos agree to contract extension with Mads Stokkelien
- 01/29/15 MLS sells KICKTV to Copa90
- 01/29/15 Orlando City SC hires executives to lead business development initiati...
- 01/28/15 New York Red Bulls sign USMNT midfielder Sacha Kljestan
- 01/27/15 Arlington SA announces Dan Ferguson as Rec Soccer Director
- 01/27/15 Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association expands showcase roster rule...
- 01/27/15 New York Red Bulls deal Eric Alexander, Ambroise Oyongo to Montreal Im...
- 01/27/15 Georgetown’s Tyler Rudy picked up by New England Revolution
- 01/27/15 Georgetown to play two MLS teams during spring season