News - News
Seminoles advance to College Cup Finals with 3-2 win over Virginia Tech
The Florida State Seminoles entered the match the favorite to advance past the Virginia Tech Hokies. With each team entering the match on a scoring tear, it was expected that goals would come in abundance. They did not disappoint with five goals scored, the Florida State Seminoles defeating Virginia Tech 3-2 and advancing to the College Cup final.
Prince William Soccer, Inc. (Va.) debuts new 8v8 winter tourney for U-11s, U-12s
The holidays are a special time of year, full of gifts, food and fun times with family. And this year there is also a new way for young players in the Mid-Atlantic region to get out on the pitch. Prince William Soccer Inc. will be holding its first ever PWSI H...
U.S. should be excited for, not fearful of, World Cup group draw
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Fans’ audible groans and shouts of frustration echoed around the Members Club at Sporting Park as the ball containing the United States came out of the pot at the World Cup draw. A group containing Germany, Ghana, and Portugal has as ma...
U.S. Men’s National Team drawn into brutal Group G at 2014 World Cup draw
U.S. Men's National Team fans' worst fears were realized at the 2014 World Cup draw in Brazil on Friday morning, as the USMNT were drawn into one of the tournament's proverbial “groups of death.”
Breaking: Virginia Cavalry to delay NASL launch to 2015 after stadium delays
Virginia Cavalry FC, the Ashburn-based North American Soccer League (NASL) club will be deferring its inaugural season one year until Spring 2015.
No. 4 Virginia Tech women set to face No. 3 Florida State in NCAA College Cup
The Virginia Tech women’s soccer team will kick off play in its first-ever NCAA College Cup on Friday evening, as the No. 4 Hokies take on No. 3 Florida State in the NCAA Semifinal at WakeMed Soccer Park at 5 p.m.
2013-2014 US Youth Soccer National League Girls season kicks off in Wilson, N.C.
Several energetic match-ups got the seventh season of US Youth Soccer National League Girls play underway in Wilson, N.C. on Thursday.
Preview: Eight teams alive in chase for NCAA Men’s College Cup
By Chris Teale Special to SoccerWire.com The NCAA men’s soccer tournament has reached the quarterfinal stage, with just eight teams left in the race to the College Cup at PPL Park in Chester, Pa. next week. On Friday and Saturday, the remaining eight teams c...
MLS Cup: Jimmy Nielsen searching for second league title in 20-year career
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — When goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen signed with Leicester City in 2007, the agent who facilitated the deal claimed he was “another Peter Schmeichel.” But the legendary Danish international won 10 league championships in his 22 years as a pro...
USL PRO expands to Colorado Springs for 2015 season
USL PRO announced that an expansion franchise in Colorado Springs, Colorado will join the league for the 2015 season.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 12/06/13 NSCAA announces NCAA Women’s All-America Teams
- 12/06/13 Towson’s Banes earns Second Team All-Region honors from NSCAA
- 12/05/13 MSSA: AFC Inter takes Mason-Dixon “Slick” Cup
- 12/05/13 NSCAA announces Regional and National Assistants Coaches of the Year
- 12/05/13 Salisbury’s Tabitha Brown named Third Team All-Region
- 12/05/13 UMBC’s Jessy Brown named to All-Region Third Team
- 12/05/13 W&M’s Caroline Casey named to the NSCAA All-Mid-Atlantic Se...
- 12/04/13 Four Navy women’s soccer players named to the NSCAA All-Mid-Atla...
- 12/04/13 D.C. United to hold annual holiday equipment sale
- 12/04/13 Five Virginia women’s soccer players named NSCAA All-Southeast R...
- 12/03/13 Montreal Impact’s U21 team joins the PDL
- 12/02/13 NSCAATV to stream High School All-America games
- 12/02/13 Applications now available for National Cup XIII Regionals and Finals
- 12/02/13 Virginia plays host to Connecticut Friday in NCAA Quarterfinals
- 11/30/13 Maryland Bays take fifth Maryland Major Soccer League Premier Division...