News - News
Richmond Kickers defeated 3-0 by Crystal Palace in historic night for Va. soccer
A bumper crowd of 7,851 packed into City Stadium in Richmond, Va. to see Crystal Palace overcome the Richmond Kickers 3-0 in what was the first meeting between a team from Virginia and a side from the English top-flight.
Emerging talent Ambroise Oyongo tipped for big future with Red Bulls
On the night all eyes were on Gedion Zelalem, it was another youngster that stole the spotlight. Ambroise Oyongo continues to emerge as a very important player for the New York Red Bulls.
Grassroots change: De Anza Force building Development Academy, ECNL programs from bottom up
De Anza Force, one of the premier youth soccer clubs in the San Francisco Bay Area, hasn't always had to worry about identifying young talent. As recently as 2011, the Force could still rely on a steady pipeline of the Bay Area's finest prospects to fill its youth teams.
Gerard Houllier believes this is Thierry Henry’s final season
Arsenal hadn't come to the United States for 25 years until a friendly on Saturday night with the New York Red Bulls. While the trip was certainly for commercial reasons, could they have had ulterior motives?
Manhattan PSG emerge as breakout team of US Youth Soccer National Championships
Few teams at the U.S. Youth Soccer National Championships impressed as much as Manhattan SC PSG. The U17 Boys side played a technical, possession-oriented style that wowed onlookers and overwhelmed opponents.
D.C. United looks to continue strong run against playoff contenders Toronto FC
D.C. United (10-5-4, 34 points) begin a spell of eight games in five weeks with the midweek visit of Toronto FC (7-6-5, 26 points) to RFK Stadium on Wednesday evening (7 p.m. on Comcast SportsNet), looking to maintain the form that has taken them to three straight victories in Major League Soccer.
Julian Green is fit and ready to fight for Bayern Munich spot
The skepticism abounded when Julian Green was selected for the 23-man United States World Cup squad. After his goal against Belgium, he won the hearts of U.S. Men's National Team supporters everywhere. Now he will look to do the same in Germany with Bayern Munich.
Vancouver Whitecaps draw FC Dallas 2-2 on Sunday
A sold-out crowd of 21,000 was treated to a thrilling 2-2 draw between Vancouver Whitecaps FC (6W-4L-10D) and FC Dallas (8W-7L-6D) Sunday on a sunny afternoon at BC Place.
Portland Timbers claim three points on the road against Montreal Impact
Controlling the run of play for the majority of the match, the Portland Timbers registered 20 shots – including nine on goal – while earning a 3-2 win against the Montreal Impact before 14,715 fans at Stade Saputo in Montreal on Sunday night.
San Jose Earthquakes take defending La Liga champions Atletico Madrid to penalty-kick shootout, but...
The San Jose Earthquakes held defending La Liga champions Atletico Madrid scoreless through 90 minutes before falling 4-3 in penalty kicks in the 2014 Copa Euroamericana on Sunday, July 27 at Candlestick Park, the final sporting event in the venue's storied history.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 07/28/14 D.C. United goalkeeper Andrew Dykstra out for remainder of season
- 07/28/14 New York Red Bulls sign Damien Perrinelle
- 07/28/14 Thirteen Loudoun Soccer players selected to US Youth Soccer Region I p...
- 07/28/14 New York Red Bulls loan defender Connor Lade to Cosmos
- 07/25/14 Washington Spirit forward Renae Cuellar to miss remainder of NWSL seas...
- 07/25/14 Julio Cesar returns to Queens Park Rangers, ending loan with Toronto F...
- 07/25/14 Shrub Oak Legends pioneer Rebecca Sitzer returns as coach, player
- 07/25/14 Revolution loans Jerry Bengtson to Argentina’s Belgrano
- 07/25/14 Real Salt Lake signs midfielder Sebastian Saucedo to Homegrown Contrac...
- 07/24/14 Boston Breakers Waive Jazmyne Avant
- 07/23/14 Toronto FC acquire Warren Creavalle from Houston Dynamo
- 07/23/14 Sporting KC takes on Manchester City in pursuit of the Champions Shiel...
- 07/23/14 Three players added to MLS Homegrown Game roster
- 07/23/14 Twenty two students entering college receive Long Island Junior Soccer...
- 07/22/14 Gedion Zelalem impressing already in Arsenal preseason