News - News
Girls wrap up opening weekend of 2014-15 US Youth Soccer National League play in Wilson, N.C.
After four days of play, the US Youth Soccer National League Under-14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 Girls have solidified their spots in the standings until nearly half the field meets again Dec. 31-Jan. 2 in Orlando, Fla., where they will continue competing for a league title and a ticket to the 2015 US Youth Soccer National Championships in Tulsa, Okla.
No. 4 Virginia Downs No. 14 Kentucky 7-0 to Reach NCAA Quarterfinals
The fourth-ranked Virginia women’s soccer team advanced to the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals for the third time in four years with a 7-0 victory over No. 14 Kentucky Sunday evening at Klöckner Stadium.
Marcelo Sarvas goal gives LA Galaxy 1-0 win over Seattle Sounders FC
The LA Galaxy topped the Seattle Sounders in the Western Conference Championship first leg on Sunday, getting a Marcelo Sarvas goal to best the Supporters’ Shield winners 1-0 at StubHub Center.
UMBC upsets No. 4 Maryland, 1-0, advances to face Louisville in third round of NCAA Tournament
UMBC junior midfielder Malcolm Harris (Damascus, Md./McDonogh) scored in the 70th minute and the Retrievers advanced to the third round of the NCAA Men’s Soccer Championship with a 1-0 victory over the No. 4 seeded Maryland Terrapins before a spirited crowd of 3,776 at Ludwig Field.
Late Jermaine Jones goals gives Revolution big advantage in MLS playoff series with Red Bulls
The New England Revolution not only won their opening game of the two-leg Eastern Conference Championship Series against the New York Red Bulls, a late Jermaine Jones goal gave them a crucial 2 "away goals" tiebreaker as they prepare to host the Red Bulls next weekend.
Baltimore Blast shut out Harrisburg 27-0
The Baltimore Blast played host to the Harrisburg Heat on Friday night for the first time this season, where offense, defense, and goalkeeping all preformed exceptionally in a 27-0 MASL win.
2014-15 US Youth Soccer National League Girls standings taking shape as Day 3 concludes
Just one more day remains in the opening weekend of 2014-15 US Youth Soccer National League Girls play, with Sunday's matches solidifying team standings until the next meeting in Orlando, Fla., Dec. 31 - Jan. 2, alongside the Disney Showcase.
Tri-State girls showing mixed results in opening weekend of National League play
Six Tri-State girls teams are competing in this year’s edition of the US Youth Soccer National League, which kicked off it’s first block of games in Raleigh, North Carolina on Thursday as part of the famous CASL Girl College Showcase.
Tri-State DA-ECNL Preview: Action peaks before winter slowdown
With the winter months just around the corner, it’s almost time for the U.S. Development Academy and Elite Clubs National League to slow down, although not stop completely. In the DA, the U-15/16s and U-17/18s will partake in a winter showcase in Lakew...
Virginia women’s soccer roll into NCAA Sweet 16 over Rutgers, 3-0
The fourth-ranked Virginia women’s soccer team advanced to the NCAA Round of 16 for the 10th consecutive season with a 3-0 second round victory Friday night over No. 21 Rutgers.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 11/23/14 2014-15 CONCACAF Champions League championship stage schedule announce...
- 11/21/14 Morgan Brian named finalist for U.S. Soccer Young Female Athlete of th...
- 11/21/14 D.C. United selects Thomas McNamara in MLS Dispersal Draft
- 11/21/14 Washington Spirit sign Bristol Academy forward Natasha Harding
- 11/21/14 Washington Spirit sign midfielder Christine Nairn to new contract for...
- 11/21/14 Head Coach Ben Olsen, three D.C. United players named finalists for 20...
- 11/19/14 Thierry Henry nominated for MLS Goal of the Year [VIDEO]
- 11/19/14 Washington Spirit sign Tori Huster to new contract
- 11/19/14 UNLV’s Danny Musovski garners last Disney Soccer/NSCAA Player of the W...
- 11/18/14 D.C. United announces team awards
- 11/18/14 Montreal Impact to field USL PRO team
- 11/18/14 Lianne Sanderson will miss 2015 NWSL season to focus on England Nation...
- 11/14/14 New York Red Bulls’ Dax McCarty up for 2014 MLS Goal of the Year
- 11/14/14 2014 MLS Dispersal Draft order decided
- 11/14/14 Washington Spirit re-sign forwards Tiffany Weimer, Caroline Miller