News - News
Tim Howard to take a break from USMNT duties until next fall
Three-time FIFA World Cup veteran Tim Howard has asked to take a break from duties with the U.S. Men's National Team until next fall, and after discussions with U.S. head coach Jurgen Klinsmann the Everton goalkeeper will not be considered for selection to the U.S. roster until September of 2015.
Montreal Impact win CONCACAF Champions League opener in El Salvador over C.C. FAS
Playing its second of four games in the CONCACAF Champions League group stage, the Montreal Impact won its second consecutive game Wednesday night, by a score of 3-2 against C.D. FAS at Estadio Cuscatlan, in El Salvador.
Maryland Rush Girls take UK champions to PK’s in LK Cup in Liverpool, England
The rising U15 Maryland Rush girls soccer team from Annapolis traveled to Liverpool, England from July 28 to Aug. 5 to play in the Liverpool Knowsley Cup soccer tournament.
UMBC Women’s Soccer seeks return to NCAA Tournament
Third-year UMBC Women’s Soccer Head Coach Leslie Wray has vowed to lead her team to a second straight NCAA Tournament appearance.
Earthquakes come from behind to earn 1-1 draw on the road against Sounders FC
The San Jose Earthquakes earned a crucial point on the road with a 1-1 draw against Western Conference leaders Seattle Sounders FC on Wednesday at CenturyLink Field.
SoccerWire Q&A: Cal South’s departing CEO John Weinerth
Cal South, one of the nation's largest youth soccer organizations, announced on Wednesday the resignation of CEO John Weinerth, who oversaw dramatic growth and evolution over his decade-long tenure. As the Cal South board begins its nationwide search for a new CEO, Weinerth spoke with SoccerWire and reflected on his time in charge.
U.S. Women’s National Team surges past Switzerland 4-1 in Cary, N.C.
The U.S. Women's National Team scored three second-half goals and earned a 4-1 victory against Switzerland in front of a sold-out crowd of 9,992 at WakeMed Soccer Park.
D.C. United eke out win over Waterhouse FC in CONCACAF Champions League opener
As the rain bucketed down in the lead-up to kickoff, D.C. United fans might well have feared the worst, given that the last time a team of their fringe players played in a cup competition in less-than-ideal weather, the Black-and-Red lost 1-0 away to the Rochester Rhinos in the U.S. Open Cup earlier this season. However, the 3,300 who braved the weather at RFK Stadium need not have worried, as the storms gave way to an iridescent sunset shortly before Eddie Johnson’s early goal secured a 1-0 United win over Jamaican side Waterhouse FC in their first match of the CONCACAF Champions League.
Cal South announces CEO John Weinerth’s resignation
The Cal South Board of Directors today announced the resignation of Chief Executive Officer John Weinerth. Weinerth submitted his resignation at the Cal South Board of Directors meeting on August 16. The resignation is effective August 29.
Portland Timbers open CONCACAF Champions League play with 4-1 win over Alpha United FC
Contesting their first-ever match in CONCACAF Champions League (CCL), the Portland Timbers earned a decisive victory with two goals in each half of a 4-1 win over Guyanese side Alpha United FC on Tuesday night in a CCL Group 5 match at Providence Stadium in Georgetown, Guyana.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 08/21/14 Maryland SoccerPlex hosting Wounded Warriors Soccer exhibition match o...
- 08/21/14 New York Red Bulls midfielder Michael Bustamante undergoes ACL surgery
- 08/21/14 Maryland men’s soccer tagged Big Ten preseason favorite in Coach...
- 08/21/14 Richmond Strikers announce opening of 2015 Jefferson Cup applications
- 08/20/14 FASA, Chesterfield United hosting second leg of Washington Invitationa...
- 08/20/14 Richmond Kickers sign Stephen Basso hours before USL PRO roster freeze
- 08/20/14 Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association names James Volpe administr...
- 08/20/14 Second US Club Soccer PDP event of expanded series wraps up in Winter...
- 08/19/14 U-12 Bays Chelsea Lightning capture Hershey Cup title
- 08/19/14 Quentin Sathasivam receives Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association...
- 08/19/14 New England Revolution acquires forward Tony Taylor
- 08/17/14 Chairman of U.S. Soccer’s Athlete Council, two-time U.S. Paralym...
- 08/15/14 Richmond Kickers add Matheau Hall, Richmond United Academy player Lynd...
- 08/14/14 D.C. United defender Jeff Parke undergoes inner ear surgery
- 08/14/14 Referees from Eastern New York selected to officiate top youth games