News - News
Sigh of relief: Outside midfielders lead Red Bulls in 2-1 win over Philly
Harrison, N.J.– After six winless games to start the 2014 season, the New York Red Bulls can finally breathe a sigh of relief. They bested the Philadelphia Union 2-1 on Wednesday night, finishing the game with 10 men in front of 14,768 at Red Bull Arena....
New York Cosmos, Portland Thorns share striking – and unsettling – similarities
For both the North American Soccer League and the National Women’s Soccer League, the biggest crowds, brightest stars and deepest pockets can be found at the home of the reigning league champions, the New York Cosmos and Portland Thorns FC. Within both l...
Clint Dempsey’s scoring run has excitement growing with eyes toward Brazil, but is he still th...
For the U.S. Men's National Team to successfully navigate the group of death, a fit and in-form Clint Dempsey will need to head to Brazil. With five goals in the last two games, it appears Dempsey has found his mojo. But after a rough year, is he back to his old self?
Washington Spirit set to face off against FC Kansas City Saturday
On Saturday, April 19th at 6:30pm, the Washington Spirit will play their second home match of the season at the Maryland SoccerPlex against FC Kansas City.
McLean Youth Soccer (Va.) to join Club Champions League, replacing PWSI
McLean Youth Soccer (MYS) is the newest member of the Club Champions League (CCL), the league announced last week. MYS is replacing Prince William Soccer, Inc., (PWSI), whose Prince William Courage teams are leaving the CCL following this spring season. [ +US ...
Dallas Cup Super Group semi-finals set
With Wednesday’s completion of group play for the Gordon Jago Super Group, the semi-finalists of the most prestigious international youth soccer tournament in the United States, have been determined.
Club Champions League: We won’t be affected by rise of Virginia NPL
The recent announcement of a new statewide youth league in Virginia has raised questions about how it may affect the Club Champions League (CCL), an existing entity which also attracts top clubs from across the Commonwealth. SoccerWire.com investigates.
Cascadia’s Northwest Champions League joins US Club Soccer’s NPL system
The Northwest Champions League, one of the Cascadia region’s leading youth competitions, will join US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues (NPL) beginning in the 2014-15 season, in what US Club Soccer officials call “a move to maintain the Nor...
Controversy – and litigation – brewing over referees at Annandale Premier Cup (Va.)
The Annandale Premier Cup (APC) tournament series prides itself on attracting top teams, playing on quality synthetic-turf fields and being overseen by some of the best referees in the country. However, this year’s main event, held last month at venues across Northern Virginia, have become embroiled in controversy.
It’s official: Atlanta expansion club will join MLS in 2017
Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber, Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed, event host Alexi Lalas and a host of other notables appeared at an event on Wednesday to confirm what the North American soccer community has known – and argued about – for weeks: Atlan...
News - Notes & Boasts
- 04/17/14 UMBC men’s soccer welcomes veteran striker Kay Banjo, freshman g...
- 04/17/14 New York Red Bulls name Marc de Grandpre Head of Commercial Operations
- 04/17/14 ODU’s Tim Hopkinson named Tom Scott Award winner by Norfolk Spor...
- 04/17/14 Sueno MLS 2014 tryouts kick off this weekend at Colorado Rapids
- 04/17/14 Paul Darmstadter earns NSCAA HS Player of the Week honors
- 04/15/14 D.C. United Academy adds LESA FC as Affiliate Club member
- 04/15/14 Richmond Kickers to host Pittsburgh Riverhounds Saturday
- 04/15/14 2014 US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup to kick off summer of competition
- 04/14/14 Georgetown men’s soccer completes spring season with annual banq...
- 04/11/14 VYSA name marketing veteran Phil Summers to new executive director pos...
- 04/11/14 Bethesda-Olney Academy U17/U18′s win on home pitch over MatchFit...
- 04/10/14 NSCAATV to host and highlight select NWSL games in 2014 season
- 04/10/14 Former UMBC soccer standout Kadeem Dacres signs with Arizona United SC...
- 04/10/14 Dallas Cup announces pre-tournament “Players to Watch” list
- 04/10/14 Richmond Kickers travel to Charlotte Saturday