News - News
ECNL Mid Atlantic Division Best 11: Nov. 17-23, 2014
The midwest clubs in Ohio and Indiana played host to most ECNL games this past weekend, and with most teams playing two games over that time, we received the most nominations to date. Richmond United's McKinley Burkett made the list after notching FIVE goals! See who else made the list.
Tri-State Region’s best head to Long Island for National Elite Women’s Soccer Showcase
The National Elite Women’s Soccer Showcase, one of the top girls college showcase events in the country, is being played this Thanksgiving weekend from Nov. 29-30 at field locations on Long Island, N.Y.
Stanford, MLS, Europe? What’s next for surprise USMNTer Jordan Morris?
Stanford forward Jordan Morris is widely hailed as the top prospect in NCAA men's soccer, and already made history as one of U.S. Men's National Team coach Jurgen Klinsmann's surprise callups after the World Cup. But where does the Seattle Sounders academy product belong? Tim Froh takes a look.
Development Academy Atlantic and Northeast Best 11: Nov. 17-23, 2014
This week we've combined the Atlantic and Northeast DA divisions into a single Best 11 following a light schedule of games. Next week will be the last DA Best 11 as most teams in the Tri-State and Potomac regions head into a long winter break.
Tri-State DA-ECNL Review: Met Oval shine vs. Everton FC Westchester
The colder weather is coming and will slow down play in the U.S. Development Academy and Elite Clubs National League in the weeks ahead. Some Tri-State sides already headed early to a winter break, while others are off to prepare for regional events in the weeks to come.
MLS Cup berths on the line this weekend as Conference Championships conclude
The first legs of the Conference Championships lived up to the billing, leaving the second legs open for the taking in both the Eastern and Western Conference.
US Youth Soccer ODP Girls Thanksgiving Interregional continues in Florida
The 2014 US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program (US Youth Soccer ODP) Girls Thanksgiving Interregional continued its second day of play on Tuesday in Boca Raton, Fla., and featured the 2000 and 1999 age groups.
Development Academy Winter Showcase kicks off in Fla. this weekend
While the wintry bluster may slow the U.S. Soccer Development Academy's schedule to a crawl in the northern regions, the Development Academy's Winter Showcase will give many sides competitive fixtures over the coming week before winter hits full swing.
Fredericksburg FC adds NPSL, WPSL programs to youth club’s player development structure
Fredericksburg FC, recently rebranded from FASA, has added a new piece to the top of its player development model: senior level programming for men and women beyond the U18 level in the form of National Premier Soccer League (NSPL) and WPSL teams directly affiliated with the club.
Nike Friendlies preview: U.S. U-17 men welcome Brazil, England, Australia
The United States Under-17s Men’s National Team welcomes their counterparts from Brazil, England and Australia to the U.S. Soccer Nike Friendlies, due to take place at the Premier Sports Campus in Lakewood Ranch, Fla. this weekend.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 11/26/14 Whitecaps FC midfielder Sebastián Fernández suspended first four games...
- 11/26/14 LA Galaxy defender A.J. DeLaGarza honored as MLS WORKS Humanitarian of...
- 11/26/14 Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association honors Robert Miller as Volu...
- 11/26/14 New York Cosmos sign Lucky Mkosana
- 11/26/14 Mark Geiger named MLS Referee of the Year
- 11/26/14 Seattle’s Chad Marshall wins third career MLS Defender of the Ye...
- 11/26/14 Major League Soccer and Caribbean Football Union to host second Caribb...
- 11/26/14 Vienna Youth Soccer stages third annual ‘Give Cancer the Boot...
- 11/25/14 Western NY Flash trade Kerr to Sky Blue FC for Eddy, first round pick
- 11/25/14 Maryland SoccerPlex’s Maureen Hendricks Field named ‘Fiel...
- 11/25/14 Promising FC Dallas forward Tesho Akindele scoops MLS Rookie of the Ye...
- 11/24/14 Montreal Impact name Adam Braz as new technical director
- 11/24/14 Columbus Crew defender Michael Parkhurst wins MLS Fair Play Award
- 11/23/14 2014-15 CONCACAF Champions League championship stage schedule announce...
- 11/21/14 Morgan Brian named finalist for U.S. Soccer Young Female Athlete of th...