News - News
No. 4 Virginia Tech women set to face No. 3 Florida State in NCAA College Cup
The Virginia Tech women’s soccer team will kick off play in its first-ever NCAA College Cup on Friday evening, as the No. 4 Hokies take on No. 3 Florida State in the NCAA Semifinal at WakeMed Soccer Park at 5 p.m.
2013-2014 US Youth Soccer National League Girls season kicks off in Wilson, N.C.
Several energetic match-ups got the seventh season of US Youth Soccer National League Girls play underway in Wilson, N.C. on Thursday.
Preview: Eight teams alive in chase for NCAA Men’s College Cup
By Chris Teale Special to SoccerWire.com The NCAA men’s soccer tournament has reached the quarterfinal stage, with just eight teams left in the race to the College Cup at PPL Park in Chester, Pa. next week. On Friday and Saturday, the remaining eight teams c...
MLS Cup: Jimmy Nielsen searching for second league title in 20-year career
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — When goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen signed with Leicester City in 2007, the agent who facilitated the deal claimed he was “another Peter Schmeichel.” But the legendary Danish international won 10 league championships in his 22 years as a pro...
Women’s College Cup features record number of McLean Youth Soccer products
Washington, D.C. area club McLean Youth Soccer (MYS) will be extremely well represented at this weekend’s Women's College Cup, the final stage of the 2013 NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer Championship.
Mike Magee wins MLS MVP award for sterling 2013 season
NEW YORK – Major League Soccer announced on Thursday that Chicago Fire forward Mike Magee was voted the Volkswagen MLS Most Valuable Player for the 2013 season. Thursday at approximately 4:30 p.m. ET, Magee will receive the award and be presented to media in...
Virginia meets UCLA Friday in Women’s College Cup
The top-seeded Virginia women's soccer team travels to Cary, N.C. this week as it makes its first appearance in the NCAA Women’s College Cup in 22 years. The Cavaliers (24-1) play UCLA (21-1-2) in the national semifinals Friday at 7:30 p.m. at the WakeMed Soccer Park.
Orlando City and defending champion Montreal Impact return for Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic
Major League Soccer’s Montreal Impact and Orlando City Soccer Club will compete in the Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex this spring.
2013 MLS Goal of the Year and 2013 Save of the Year winners announced
Major League Soccer’s most outstanding individual plays were honored as Vancouver Whitecaps FC forward Camilo Sanvezzo earned the 2013 Goal of the Year and Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Nick Rimando won his second consecutive Save of the Year.
NWSL to hold 2014 draft at NSCAA Convention in Philly
CHICAGO – The National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) announced on Wednesday that it will hold the 2014 NWSL College Draft on Friday, Jan. 17, 2014 at the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Convention in Philadelphia. Billed as th...
News - Notes & Boasts
- 12/05/13 Salisbury’s Tabitha Brown named Third Team All-Region
- 12/05/13 UMBC’s Jessy Brown named to All-Region Third Team
- 12/05/13 W&M’s Caroline Casey named to the NSCAA All-Mid-Atlantic Se...
- 12/04/13 D.C. United to hold annual holiday equipment sale
- 12/04/13 Five Virginia women’s soccer players named NSCAA All-Southeast R...
- 12/03/13 Montreal Impact’s U21 team joins the PDL
- 12/02/13 NSCAATV to stream High School All-America games
- 12/02/13 Applications now available for National Cup XIII Regionals and Finals
- 12/02/13 Virginia plays host to Connecticut Friday in NCAA Quarterfinals
- 11/30/13 Maryland Bays take fifth Maryland Major Soccer League Premier Division...
- 11/27/13 New York Red Bulls part ways with defender Heath Pearce
- 11/27/13 NASL to hold annual Player Combine at University of California, Irvine...
- 11/26/13 Former Tribe great Carrie Moore ’00 elected to W&M Athletic...
- 11/26/13 US Youth Futsal wraps up East Region FUTSAL I.D. camp
- 11/26/13 D.C. United Academy teams wrap up first half of season with wins over...