News - News
Commentary: Goalkeeping, tactics, speed will decide NCAA Women’s College Cup
Cary, N.C. – The UCLA Bruins and Florida State Seminoles are set for the grand finale to the 2013 NCAA Division I women’s soccer season at WakeMed Soccer Park on Sunday. After downing Virginia and Virginia State, respectively, these two teams are ...
Afterthoughts to champions: MLS Cup win completes Kansas City’s soccer rebirth
KANSAS CITY, Kan. – First there was the regrettable nickname (“Wiz,” subsequently changed to the slightly less cringe-inducing “Wizards” after one year) and the odd, rainbow-splashed uniforms inspired by the Wizard of Oz. And the cavernous home stadi...
Women’s College Cup: Florida State proud of effort in semi win, but keep eyes on main prize
After defeating the Virginia Tech Hokies 3-2 in a heated NCAA Women's College Cup semifinal at WakeMed Soccer Park on Friday, Florida State head coach Mark Krikorian was all smiles, speaking highly of both his team and their opponents.
MLS Cup: Real Salt Lake ends season empty-handed after shootout loss to Sporting Kansas City
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — When a team makes two finals in the same year, it expects to walk out with at least one gold medal. On Saturday, Real Salt Lake became the 11th team to play in the MLS Cup and U.S. Open Cup finals in the same year, but the first to lose b...
Baltimore Blast overcome by Wave’s home opener in MISL
The MISL's Baltimore Blast lost 12-10 on Saturday night in the Milwaukee Wave’s Home Opener at U.S. Cellular Arena in Milwaukee, Wis., taking the Blast record to 1-2 on the young season.
Maryland headed back to NCAA College Cup after 2-1 win at California
Freshman Michael Sauers tallied the game-winning goal in the 86th minute to give No. 5 seed Maryland a 2-1 victory at No. 4 seed California Saturday in the quarterfinals of the 2013 NCAA Men’s Soccer Championship, which will battle a familiar foe Virginia in the semifinals of the College Cup Friday at PPL Park.
Sporting Kansas City win 2013 MLS Cup in thrilling shootout with Real Salt Lake
KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Sporting Kansas City were crowned 2013 Major League Soccer champions on Saturday after 10 agonizing rounds of a penalty-kick shootout following a 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake after extra time at Sporting Park. After Alvaro Saborio ga...
Lessons Learned: Sporting Kansas City 1-1 (7-6 PSO) Real Salt Lake, MLS Cup final 2013
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Sporting Kansas City won its second MLS Cup in franchise history on Friday at Sporting Park, defeating Real Salt Lake. Five thoughts on the 7-6 shootout win after a 1-1 tie for the home team: • Let’s get this out of the way: soccer sh...
Virginia Rush Atlantic Cup opens at high level despite threatening weather
With storm warnings posted and significant rain predicted overnight, Saturday’s exciting action in the first day of the 2013 Atlantic Cup will be the last full game play of the popular end-of-season event hosted by Virginia Rush as officials are forced to shorten the event on Sunday to Penalty Kicks only.
Women’s College Cup: Va. Tech reflect proudly on their season despite semi defeat
Cary, N.C. – It took a bit of luck and a misread cross to finally fell Virginia Tech on their first trip to the NCAA Women’s College Cup in school history on Friday night, as they showed their battling qualities in a remarkably balanced semifinal clash...
News - Notes & Boasts
- 12/06/13 Crew’s homegrown Wil Trapp to spend two weeks training with Dutc...
- 12/06/13 NSCAA announces NCAA Women’s All-America Teams
- 12/06/13 Towson’s Banes earns Second Team All-Region honors from NSCAA
- 12/05/13 MSSA: AFC Inter takes Mason-Dixon “Slick” Cup
- 12/05/13 NSCAA announces Regional and National Assistants Coaches of the Year
- 12/05/13 Salisbury’s Tabitha Brown named Third Team All-Region
- 12/05/13 UMBC’s Jessy Brown named to All-Region Third Team
- 12/05/13 W&M’s Caroline Casey named to the NSCAA All-Mid-Atlantic Se...
- 12/04/13 Four Navy women’s soccer players named to the NSCAA All-Mid-Atla...
- 12/04/13 D.C. United to hold annual holiday equipment sale
- 12/04/13 Five Virginia women’s soccer players named NSCAA All-Southeast R...
- 12/03/13 Montreal Impact’s U21 team joins the PDL
- 12/02/13 NSCAATV to stream High School All-America games
- 12/02/13 Applications now available for National Cup XIII Regionals and Finals
- 12/02/13 Virginia plays host to Connecticut Friday in NCAA Quarterfinals