News - News
U.S. U-17 boys national team show more promise, inconsistency at IMG Cup
The U.S. Under-17 Men's National Team took mixed returns from their participation in the IMG Cup Boys Invitational in their Bradenton, Florida backyard over the past week, displaying more of the promise – and frustration – that their talented crop of players have become known for.
Commentary: USWNT must drop Abby Wambach now, before it’s too late
Six months out from the 2015 Women's World Cup in Canada, the U.S. Women’s National Team is hardly setting the world on fire. Sunday’s drab 0-0 draw with Brazil in the International Tournament of Brasilia is merely the latest example, and further proof, says Mark Shawhan, that keeping star forward Abby Wambach in the starting 11 has become more of a hindrance than a help to the team's championship ambitions.
Bridgette Andrzejewski caps strong club, high school season with NSCAA honor
McDonogh School in Owings Mill, Md. have seen another one of their players earn national recognition, as midfielder Bridgette Andrzejewski was named High School Girls Player of the Year by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.
Ali Curtis named new Sporting Director for New York Red Bulls
The New York Red Bulls have named Ali Curtis as the club's new Sporting Director, a role that will take effect immediately.
Disney Showcase Featured Match: Arlington Eagles Red vs. Dix Hills Hurricanes
2014 US Youth Soccer National Championship semifinalists Arlington Eagles Red and New York East State Cup champions Dix Hills Hurricanes have found themselves in the thick of a fight for the top of the U-15 Red National League Division with five of the eight teams all within two points of each other.
Disney Showcase Featured Match: BRYC 98 Elite vs. LA Premier FC White
Out of any of the four Disney Showcase brackets paired up with a National League group, the winner of the U-16 Disney Bracket A may be the one most likely to defeat a National League team in their division final. U-16 Bracket A favorites LA Premier FC White (formerly DMS 11 Academy Premier Gold) and Braddock Road YC 98 are both prime candidates to do just that, but will have an equally difficult task in advancing to the top flight final.
Breakout year for East Islip U-15s shows Tri-State talent wealth
Mixed in with the well-known ECNL and Development Academy member clubs in the Tri-State area is one of the deepest talent pools anywhere in the country, where premier players and teams emerge even from lesser-known clubs. One such team is the East Islip SC Red Storm U15 girls, who recently closed an already remarkable 2014 campaign with a championship at the prestigious Massapequa Winter Showcase.
Tottenham U18s win IMG Cup Boys Invitational SuperGroup
The fifth-annual IMG Cup – Boy’s Invitational attracted more than 70 elite clubs from 10 states and five countries, and on Monday, the event drew to a close with champions crowned in 10 divisions. The SuperGroup division headlined the event, with Barclays U18 Premier League side Tottenham Hotspurs U18 upending the Black Rock FC of Massachusetts, 1-0, with an extra time goal from Shayon Harrison.
ECNL Sanford: Players, Games to Watch in Florida
Teams in the Elite Clubs National League move to warmer climes this weekend as they travel to Sanford, Fla. for the ECNL Florida national event, where teams from the Under-15s to Under-18s age groups have the chance to play others from different areas of the country on three consecutive days.
USWNT draws Brazil 0-0, takes runner-up in International Tournament of Brasilia
Playing in steady rain on a saturated pitch, the U.S. Women's National Team tied Brazil 0-0 in the championship match of the 2014 International Tournament of Brasilia. As Brazil accumulated more points than the USA during the group stage (nine points to the U.S. WNT's four), Brazil was awarded to the tournament title.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 12/17/14 Fifteen New York Red Bulls Academy players earn NCAA Division I confer...
- 12/15/14 Maryland’s Zack Steffen signs with SC Freiburg of Bundesliga
- 12/15/14 Loudoun Soccer partners with local church providing soccer gear to Hai...
- 12/12/14 Six NCAA DI players named MAC Hermann Trophy finalists
- 12/12/14 NSCAA announces NCAA Men’s All-America teams
- 12/12/14 Update on funds raised for Gemmell Family after tragic plane crash
- 12/11/14 DCU Academy’s Eryk Williamson, Chandler Vaughn join U18, U15 U.S...
- 12/11/14 MLS invites 55 college seniors to upcoming 2015 Player Combine
- 12/11/14 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup: 2014 champs River Plate to defend title
- 12/10/14 NSCAA announces Regional and National Assistant Coaches of the Year
- 12/10/14 MLS Cup 2014 delivers second-highest viewership for league championshi...
- 12/10/14 Western New York Flash sign goalkeeper Chantel Jones from Washington S...
- 12/10/14 Pelé announced as special guest at the 2015 NSCAA Convention in Philly
- 12/10/14 CYA Soccer admitted to Super Y League for 2015
- 12/09/14 D.C. United trades 2015-16 international roster slots to New York City...