News - News
Guatemala’s woes reveal gaping disparities in treatment of women’s programs
WASHINGTON — The contrast could not have been starker at the CONCACAF Women’s Championships as the tournament rolled through Washington for the first of two evening doubleheaders at RFK Stadium on Monday. Almost immediately after the conclusion of the firs...
Disney Soccer/NSCAA releases Players of the Week list for Oct. 13-19
For the first time in Disney Soccer/NSCAA Player of the Week history, two players from the same university earned the honor in the same week.
Virginia State Cup wrap: Championship field now set for Finals Weekend in Spotsylvania
After the weekend’s Under-15 Girls, U-15 Boys and U-16 Boys quarterfinal action,the entire field is set for Finals Weekend of the 2014 Virginia State Cup’s fall edition. This year’s championship weekend figures to be even more exciting than ...
Potomac DA-ECNL Review: Richmond United boys, girls dominant
After a break for some for Columbus Day weekend, teams from D.C., Maryland and Virginia were back in action in the U.S.Soccer Development Academy and Elite Clubs National League, with a number of local clashes taking place. Richmond United’s teams looked esp...
This Week in MLS: Curtain comes down on regular season with much to play for
With one game left for teams in the MLS regular season, there is much still to be played for.
Washington Spirit acquire Katherine Reynolds, Angela Salem from Western New York Flash
The Washington Spirit announced today that the club has acquired defender Katherine Reynolds and midfielder Angela Salem in a trade with the Western New York Flash.
Trinidad & Tobago WNT, Kennya Cordner marching toward Women’s World Cup
WASHINGTON — It’s been a whirlwind visit to the United States for the Trinidad & Tobago women’s national team, punctuated by financial problems that gained worldwide attention and an injury list that could cripple most club sides. But the So...
USWNT cruise again in CONCACAF qualifiers, this time 6-0 over Haiti in D.C.
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Women’s National Team strolled to another one-sided victory in their final group-stage match of the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship at RFK Stadium on Monday, defeating Haiti 6-0 to run their record at the tournament to 3-...
The MLS rookie experience: Learning on the job (part 2 of 4)
One of the toughest challenges for any young soccer player is making it into the starting 11. For some players, making the 18-man roster is an achievement in its own right. Consider that in the past two years, rookie players drafted by the Portland Timbers hav...
Red Bulls lose badly in what could prove Thierry Henry’s final home game in MLS
Harrison, N.J. — Although he hasn’t admitted either way, it is expected that French striker Thierry Henry will no longer be a New York Red Bulls player after this season. Sunday’s match against the Columbus Crew could’ve been the last time...
News - Notes & Boasts
- 10/20/14 New England Revolution midfielder Lee Nguyen voted MLS Player of the W...
- 10/19/14 Columbus Crew clinch spot in 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs
- 10/17/14 Western New York Flash acquire Whitney Engen, Becky Edwards, draft pic...
- 10/17/14 Columbus Crew sign homegrown player Ben Swanson
- 10/16/14 McLean U14 boys win EDP Cup over Columbus Day weekend
- 10/15/14 San Jose Earthquakes announce Dominic Kinnear to return as head coach...
- 10/15/14 Dominic Kinnear resigns as Houston Dynamo head coach
- 10/15/14 Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association Holding an E Coaching Cours...
- 10/15/14 Portland Timbers, Seattle Sounders FC launch USL PRO teams
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Danielle Colaprico named ACC Women’s Player of...
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Bird named ACC Men’s Soccer Player Of The Week
- 10/14/14 Maryland goalkeeper Zack Steffen named Big Ten Men’s Soccer Defe...
- 10/13/14 Richmond Kickers re-sign All-League defender William Yomby
- 10/13/14 Portland Timbers midfielder Diego Valeri Voted MLS Player of the Week
- 10/13/14 New York Red Bulls clinch spot in MLS Cup Playoffs