News - News
USWNT opens Algarve Cup with 2-1 Victory against Norway
Led by midfielder Carli Lloyd’s second-half brace, the U.S. Women’s National Team overcame a first-half deficit and defeated Norway 2-1 in Group B play at the 2015 Algarve Cup at Municipal Stadium.
USWNT faces Norway in Algarve Cup today at 2 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
The U.S. Women’s National Team will open its 20th Algarve Cup in Portugal on March 4 with a match against longtime rival Norway at Municipal Stadium in Vila Real de San Antonio, which sits on the border with Spain in the southeast of Portugal. The match kicks off at 2 p.m. ET and will be shown on FOX Sports 1.
NWSL side Sky Blue FC announces partnership with FC Copa Academy
Sky Blue FC of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) announced today a partnership with FC Copa Academy, a prominent soccer development academy that is based in New Jersey. As part of the affiliation, FC Copa will manage the official Sky Blue FC Reserve Team in a co-branded agreement, which will play a season concurrently with the full professional side.
UPDATE: Jefferson Cup Boys Weekend U-16 to U-19 age groups cancelled
More than 1,000 of North America’s top travel soccer teams will descend on the Greater Richmond, Va. area over the next three weekends for the 2015 Jefferson Cup, one of the highest-level college showcase tournaments in the United States. The event begins on Friday with 422 teams in the U-9 to U-19 age groups kicking off the Boys Weekend which runs from March 6-8.
ECNL Texas event abandoned after record snowfall in Ft. Worth
The Elite Clubs National League headed south for the ECNL Texas showcase event expecting to avoid the snowstorms and cold temperatures of the Northeast, but things did not quite go to plan in Fort Worth, as record snowfall meant that instead of three games in three days outdoors over the weekend, a few teams only played one while others did not play any.
D.C. United seek long-shot Champions League comeback at RFK as CBA talks drag
They may be staring at an exit from the 2014-15 CONCACAF Champions League at the quarterfinal stage, but for D.C. United Wednesday night’s game at home to L.D. Alajuelense of Costa Rica is a unique opportunity to play competitive soccer before the threat of an MLS-wide players strike that could affect the start of the new season.
MLS CBA talks headed down to the wire in D.C. as owners, union try to seal deal
WASHINGTON – Major League Soccer is gearing up to celebrate the kickoff of its 20th season this weekend. But the would-be partygoers from coast to coast are holding their breath as the MLS Players Union continues to negotiate fruitlessly with league executives in the nation's capital on a new collective bargaining agreement.
Ninety-three teams compete in weather-shortened Loudoun Showcase
The 2015 Loudoun Soccer Showcase was played over the weekend but was unfortunately abbreviated due to a winter storm bringing sleet and freezing rain to the area on Sunday. Continue reading for a rundown of the action that took place on Friday and Saturday in the Elite Divisions.
California South, Utah lead Region IV sweep of ODP Championships
Champion teams were crowned Sunday at the 2015 US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program (US Youth Soccer ODP) Championships at the Reach 11 Sports Complex in Phoenix, Ariz. Region IV teams swept all titles in the 1998 and 1999 Boys and Girls age groups, for a historical third consecutive year.
New Jersey Cedar Stars Academy, Cedar Stars Academy hire Brian O’Donnell as Director of Soccer...
New Jersey Cedar Stars Academy (NJCSA-Holmdel) and Cedar Stars Academy (CSA-Bergen County and Newark) have announced the hiring of Brian O’Donnell as Director of Soccer Operations.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 02/25/15 National Elite Soccer Showcase cancelled due to snow
- 02/24/15 Washington Spirit sign defender Estelle Johnson after trade with Flash
- 02/24/15 Western New York Flash acquire defender Toni Pressley
- 02/23/15 Pipeline SC signs Lee Tschantret as Technical Director
- 02/20/15 PWSI Icebreaker Tournament set for 19th edition
- 02/20/15 Rush for the Cup to serve as qualifier for Generation Adidas Bethesda...
- 02/20/15 Las Vegas schedules announced for US Youth Soccer National League
- 02/19/15 FC Frederick launches NPSL team
- 02/18/15 Virginia men’s soccer brings in six players for 2015-16
- 02/18/15 D.C. United signs midfielder Miguel Aguilar
- 02/18/15 VSA Heat 96 Blue announces update on college commitments
- 02/17/15 New York Red Bulls waive midfielder Ian Christianson
- 02/17/15 US Youth Soccer sets qualification standards for 2015-16 National Leag...
- 02/12/15 Minnesota United extends NASL Golden Boot winner Ramirez through 2017
- 02/12/15 FC Dallas signs Fabian Castillo to new five-year deal