News - News
Potomac DA-ECNL weekend roundup: Several fruitful trips to N.Y., Carolina
It was another packed weekend of action for the Potomac region’s teams in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy and Elite Clubs National League, as many teams played on both days with their busy schedules starting to kick into high gear.
Maryland men top Dayton 1-0 on Monday night
After being shut out for two consecutive home matches for the first time since 2000, the Maryland men’s soccer team picked up a penalty kick tally in the 31st minute en route to a 1-0 victory against Dayton Monday night.
Former Maryland United standouts make winning return home with University of Michigan
For three players on the University of Michigan’s women’s soccer team, the Big Ten clash at the University of Maryland on Friday night held an extra significance, as they returned to their home state for the first time.
Bradley Wright-Phillps plays hero again with three goals in Red Bulls 4-1 win over Sounders
It's Bradley Wright-Phillips' world and the New York Red Bulls are enjoying every second of the ride. The English striker added another three goals to his Major League Soccer Golden Boot leading campaign in front of a sell out crowd of 25,00 at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, as New York defeated Seattle Sounders FC 4-1.
Cosmos fall 5-4 to Carolina RailHawks following wild nine-goal second half
The New York Cosmos fell to the Carolina RailHawks 5-4 in a wild encounter at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, N.C. on Sept. 20. New York and Carolina - the third and fourth place teams in the NASL Combined Season Standings, respectively - contested a subdued first half, but nine goals in the second half produced 45 of the most exciting minutes of the NASL Season.
Montreal Impact score twice late in second half to beat San Jose Earthquakes 2-0
In a game in which the Montreal Impact completely dominated the San Jose Earthquakes in the first half, it took a couple of goals in the final 10 minutes of the game to seal a 2-0 victory at Stade Saputo on Saturday night. Jack McInerney and Dilly Duka scored late to secure the shutout win.
Philadelphia Union battle Houston Dynamo to scoreless draw
There were a bevy of chances but the Philadelphia Union were unable to score and ultimately come away with three points. However, the Union still registered one point and pushed their unbeaten streak to five (3-0-2) following a scoreless draw with the Houston Dynamo before a crowd of 18,462 Saturday night at PPL Park.
Fanendo Adi’s second half brace leads Portland Timbers over Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3-0
Forward Fanendo Adi registered a second-half brace, midfielder Diego Valeri netted a goal and an assist and the Portland Timbers put together a comprehensive team performance to move into fifth place in the Western Conference standings with a 3-0 shutout win against Cascadia-rivals Vancouver Whitecaps FC in front of a sold-out crowd of 20,814 at Providence Park on Saturday afternoon.
FASA General Manager Pete Cinalli to step down after 12 years of service
Nearly 13 years after taking on the Technical Director/Director of Coaching post in 2002 when the entire club consisted of a total of seven travel teams, Pete Cinalli will be stepping down as the Fredericksburg Area Soccer Association's General Manager at the end of October.
Federico Higuain’s bending free kick gives Columbus Crew 1-0 win over New England Revolution [...
The Columbus Crew (10-9-10, 40 points) beat the New England Revolution (13-13-3, 42 points) by a final score of 1-0 at Crew Stadium on Saturday, September 20.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 09/23/14 Eastern New York Youth Soccer focusing on healthy approach to youth sp...
- 09/23/14 D.C. United fan group La Barra Brava holding Barra Mini Golf Classic o...
- 09/22/14 Ben Olsen signs multi-year extension with D.C. United
- 09/22/14 New York Red Bulls forward Bradley Wright-Phillips voted MLS Player of...
- 09/20/14 FASA’s Pete Cinalli to step down as GM after 12 years of service...
- 09/20/14 Seattle Sounders FC signs Onyekachi Apam
- 09/20/14 2015 Jefferson Cup applications now available for NPL teams
- 09/20/14 Brazilian investors purchase NASL franchise Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- 09/19/14 Colorado Rapids midfielder Nick LaBrocca suspended one game by MLS Dis...
- 09/19/14 Ghanaian midfielder James Bissue joins Montreal Impact
- 09/18/14 Charlotte Independence to join USL PRO in 2015
- 09/18/14 Everton FC returns to Dr Pepper Dallas Cup
- 09/18/14 New Toronto FC head coach Greg Vanney names coaching staff
- 09/18/14 Columbus Crew midfielder Daniel Paladini undergoes successful leg surg...
- 09/18/14 New York Red Bulls announce renewal of partnership with Long Island Ju...