News - News
Minnesota United FC clinches No. 1 seed in NASL Championship, FC Edmonton improves position in NASL...
Minnesota United FC may not have come away with a win against the New York Cosmos on Saturday night, but the team still left the field with a big reward - the #1 seed in The Championship, the league's four-team postseason tournament. The scoreless draw, combined with the San Antonio Scorpions' loss in Indianapolis, ensures that the Loons will finish 2014 with the best overall record between the North American Soccer League (NASL) Spring and Fall Seasons.
No. 3 Georgetown men drops 1-0 decision to Seton Hall
The No. 3 Georgetown University men’s soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision to the Seton Hall University Pirates (4-6-3, 1-3-1 BIG EAST) Saturday afternoon at Owen T. Carroll Field in South Orange, N.J.
Pedro Ribeiro, Brian Brown lead Philadelphia Union past Sporting Kansas City, 2-1
Rookie Pedro Ribeiro scored in the 71st minute, lifting the Philadelphia Union past Sporting Kansas City, 2-1, before a crowd of 18,073 Saturday night at PPL Park.
Despite winning East crown, D.C. United know there is still plenty to be done
WASHINGTON — As the fireworks exploded around RFK Stadium, there was a tremendous feeling of celebration that swelled amongst the D.C. United fans that made up the vast majority of the 20,162 in attendance to see them secure Major League Soccer’s (MLS) Eas...
D.C. United secure Eastern Conference crown with 2-1 win over Chicago Fire
WASHINGTON — Against draw specialists Chicago Fire at RFK Stadium, all D.C. United needed was a single point to wrap up their first Eastern Conference title in Major League Soccer (MLS) since 2007 and to also break the league record for the biggest turnaroun...
Portland Timbers record third straight clean sheet at home in scoreless draw vs. Real Salt Lake
Earning a third consecutive clean sheet at home, the Portland Timbers attempted 23 shots – including 18 in the second half – and played Real Salt Lake to a scoreless draw, reclaiming fifth place in the Western Conference standings in the regular-season home finale in front of a sellout crowd 20,814 fans on Friday night at Providence Park.
USWNT improve wide play, finishing as minnows Guatemala crushed in Chicago
After a disappointing 1-0 win over Trinidad & Tobago Wednesday in Kansas City, the U.S. Women's National Team were looking for a big victory over Guatemala in Chicago to demonstrate that the team is firing on all cylinders ahead of the 2015 World Cup.
Terps men on the mend as Mikias Eticha leads Maryland past Lehigh in monsoon
The rain couldn’t stop Mikias Eticha’s parade. The standout attacker from Falls Church, Virginia was the Grand Marshall of Ludwig Field on Wednesday, scoring twice as the Maryland men's soccer team continued to climb the comeback trail.
Virginia State Cup: Breaking down this weekend’s quarterfinals action
This weekend's Virginia State Cup fixtures feature 12 games where 12 teams will punch their tickets to the semifinals in their respective divisions, with Under-15 girls, U-15 boys and U-16 boys are all in action. Here’s a breakdown of what to look for this weekend.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 10/19/14 Columbus Crew clinch spot in 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs
- 10/17/14 Western New York Flash acquire Whitney Engen, Becky Edwards, draft pic...
- 10/17/14 Columbus Crew sign homegrown player Ben Swanson
- 10/16/14 McLean U14 boys win EDP Cup over Columbus Day weekend
- 10/15/14 San Jose Earthquakes announce Dominic Kinnear to return as head coach...
- 10/15/14 Dominic Kinnear resigns as Houston Dynamo head coach
- 10/15/14 Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association Holding an E Coaching Cours...
- 10/15/14 Portland Timbers, Seattle Sounders FC launch USL PRO teams
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Danielle Colaprico named ACC Women’s Player of...
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Bird named ACC Men’s Soccer Player Of The Week
- 10/14/14 Maryland goalkeeper Zack Steffen named Big Ten Men’s Soccer Defe...
- 10/13/14 Richmond Kickers re-sign All-League defender William Yomby
- 10/13/14 Portland Timbers midfielder Diego Valeri Voted MLS Player of the Week
- 10/13/14 New York Red Bulls clinch spot in MLS Cup Playoffs
- 10/10/14 D.C. United Academy’s Kyle Davis called up to U.S. U-14 Boys Nat...