News - News
Tri-State Soccer Wire Best 11 Players: Dec. 8-14, 2014
Congratulations to this week’s Tri-State Soccer Wire Best 11 players, a list for the top performers across all youth travel soccer clubs based in Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York. Each list is selected by our staff from nominations.
Potomac Soccer Wire Best 11 Players: Dec. 8-14, 2014
This week featured a busy slate of ECNL games as well as the opening of Youth National League play as part of the CASL Boys Showcase in North Carolina, where a pair of Loudoun standouts downed the reigning USYS National Champs.
Twenty-two players recognized as NSCAA Players of the Year
Following the announcements of its All-America and Scholar All-America Teams, the NSCAA has announced the 2014 College and High School Players of the Year.
Steep learning curve: Prince William Soccer, Inc. reflect on opening months in USSDA
The transition into a new league is always a difficult one to make, especially in the first season, but for Prince William Soccer, Inc. it has been pretty positive so far as they reflect on their opening months in the United States Soccer Development Academy in the Under-13/14s age group.
NASL announces 2015 Spring Season fixtures
The North American Soccer League (NASL) announced Wednesday its schedule for the 2015 Spring Season, which will kick off on Saturday, April 4.
Florida State’s Mark Krikorian named NCAA Women’s National Coach of the Year
The awards continue to mount for the national champion Florida State women’s soccer team as Mark Krikorian was named National Coach of the Year by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA).
UMBC’s Pete Caringi named NSCAA National Coach of the Year
UMBC Head Men’s Soccer Coach Pete Caringi has been named the 2014 National Division I Coach of the Year by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.
Jefferson Cup releases list of 37 NPL teams accepted to 2015 tournament
A total of 37 teams from eight National Premier Leagues have been accepted into the 2015 Jefferson Cup Boys Weekend field as part of a US Club Soccer/Jefferson Cup partnership in which special slots were allocated for NPL members.
Washington D.C. Council approves D.C. United stadium
The D.C. Council has approved the District of Columbia Soccer Stadium Act of 2014 in its second and final vote, approving the development of the new 20,000-25,000-seat stadium for D.C. United in the Buzzard Point neighborhood of Southwest Washington.
NSCAA names 24 College, High School, Youth Coaches of the Year
Twenty-four head coaches and four assistant coaches from around the country have been recognized by their fellow NSCAA peers as the 2014 NSCAA/FieldTurf Coaches of the Year and 2014 NSCAA/FieldTurf Assistant Coaches of the Year.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 12/17/14 Fifteen New York Red Bulls Academy players earn NCAA Division I confer...
- 12/15/14 Maryland’s Zack Steffen signs with SC Freiburg of Bundesliga
- 12/15/14 Loudoun Soccer partners with local church providing soccer gear to Hai...
- 12/12/14 Six NCAA DI players named MAC Hermann Trophy finalists
- 12/12/14 NSCAA announces NCAA Men’s All-America teams
- 12/12/14 Update on funds raised for Gemmell Family after tragic plane crash
- 12/11/14 DCU Academy’s Eryk Williamson, Chandler Vaughn join U18, U15 U.S...
- 12/11/14 MLS invites 55 college seniors to upcoming 2015 Player Combine
- 12/11/14 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup: 2014 champs River Plate to defend title
- 12/10/14 NSCAA announces Regional and National Assistant Coaches of the Year
- 12/10/14 MLS Cup 2014 delivers second-highest viewership for league championshi...
- 12/10/14 Western New York Flash sign goalkeeper Chantel Jones from Washington S...
- 12/10/14 Pelé announced as special guest at the 2015 NSCAA Convention in Philly
- 12/10/14 CYA Soccer admitted to Super Y League for 2015
- 12/09/14 D.C. United trades 2015-16 international roster slots to New York City...