News - News
Montreal Impact score twice late in second half to beat San Jose Earthquakes 2-0
In a game in which the Montreal Impact completely dominated the San Jose Earthquakes in the first half, it took a couple of goals in the final 10 minutes of the game to seal a 2-0 victory at Stade Saputo on Saturday night. Jack McInerney and Dilly Duka scored late to secure the shutout win.
Philadelphia Union battle Houston Dynamo to scoreless draw
There were a bevy of chances but the Philadelphia Union were unable to score and ultimately come away with three points. However, the Union still registered one point and pushed their unbeaten streak to five (3-0-2) following a scoreless draw with the Houston Dynamo before a crowd of 18,462 Saturday night at PPL Park.
Fanendo Adi’s second half brace leads Portland Timbers over Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3-0
Forward Fanendo Adi registered a second-half brace, midfielder Diego Valeri netted a goal and an assist and the Portland Timbers put together a comprehensive team performance to move into fifth place in the Western Conference standings with a 3-0 shutout win against Cascadia-rivals Vancouver Whitecaps FC in front of a sold-out crowd of 20,814 at Providence Park on Saturday afternoon.
FASA General Manager Pete Cinalli to step down after 12 years of service
Nearly 13 years after taking on the Technical Director/Director of Coaching post in 2002 when the entire club consisted of a total of seven travel teams, Pete Cinalli will be stepping down as the Fredericksburg Area Soccer Association's General Manager at the end of October.
Federico Higuain’s bending free kick gives Columbus Crew 1-0 win over New England Revolution [...
The Columbus Crew (10-9-10, 40 points) beat the New England Revolution (13-13-3, 42 points) by a final score of 1-0 at Crew Stadium on Saturday, September 20.
Richmond Kickers fall 3-2 to Harrisburg City in USL PRO semifinals
Despite goals from Conor Shanosky and Jason Yeisley, the Kickers were unable to overcome the lead built by Harrisburg City Islanders, falling to the team 3-2 in the USL PRO semifinals at City Stadium Saturday evening.
D.C. United earn thrilling 3-3 draw away against Chicago Fire
In a breath-taking game at Toyota Park, D.C. United and the Chicago Fire would play out 3-3 tie having both had chances to take all three points.
Real Salt Lake downs Colorado Rapids 5-1 on Friday
SANDY, Utah (Via Real Salt Lake) – Real Salt Lake (13-6-10, 49 points, West #3), defeated Colorado Rapids (8-14-7, 31 points, West #7) 5-1 on Friday night in front of a sold-out Rio Tinto Stadium. Real Salt Lake went down 1-0 in the 21st minute after Color...
Both Maryland teams disappoint in men and women doubleheader
The anticipation around Ludwig Field rose noticeably as a sunny yet humid day gave way to a chilly night at the University of Maryland. At the start of their first year in the Big Ten conference, the Terrapins welcomed Michigan’s women and Michigan State’s men for a conference doubleheader in front of a passionate home crowd hoping to send their fans home after two victories.
Arsenal, FC Virginia, Albion SC confirm U.S. youth development partnership
After months of groundwork, hints and rumors, English Premier League heavyweights Arsenal FC finally announced their new affiliate partnership with U.S. youth clubs FC Virginia and Albion SC San Diego this week.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 09/20/14 FASA’s Pete Cinalli to step down as GM after 12 years of service...
- 09/20/14 Seattle Sounders FC signs Onyekachi Apam
- 09/19/14 Colorado Rapids midfielder Nick LaBrocca suspended one game by MLS Dis...
- 09/19/14 Ghanaian midfielder James Bissue joins Montreal Impact
- 09/18/14 Charlotte Independence to join USL PRO in 2015
- 09/18/14 Everton FC returns to Dr Pepper Dallas Cup
- 09/18/14 New Toronto FC head coach Greg Vanney names coaching staff
- 09/18/14 Columbus Crew midfielder Daniel Paladini undergoes successful leg surg...
- 09/18/14 New York Red Bulls announce renewal of partnership with Long Island Ju...
- 09/18/14 Army-Navy men’s soccer-PPL Park agreement extended to 2017
- 09/16/14 Orlando City SC names tentative MLS roster for 2015
- 09/16/14 Anthony Pulis named Orlando City Academy coach
- 09/16/14 Toronto FC signs academy player Christopher Mannella
- 09/16/14 Boston Breakers midfielder Bianca D’Agostino retires
- 09/15/14 Four players selected off NWSL waiver wire