News - News
Richmond Kickers fall 3-2 to Harrisburg City in USL PRO semifinals
Despite goals from Conor Shanosky and Jason Yeisley, the Kickers were unable to overcome the lead built by Harrisburg City Islanders, falling to the team 3-2 in the USL PRO semifinals at City Stadium Saturday evening.
D.C. United earn thrilling 3-3 draw away against Chicago Fire
In a breath-taking game at Toyota Park, D.C. United and the Chicago Fire would play out 3-3 tie having both had chances to take all three points.
Both Maryland teams disappoint in men and women doubleheader
The anticipation around Ludwig Field rose noticeably as a sunny yet humid day gave way to a chilly night at the University of Maryland. At the start of their first year in the Big Ten conference, the Terrapins welcomed Michigan’s women and Michigan State’s men for a conference doubleheader in front of a passionate home crowd hoping to send their fans home after two victories.
Arsenal, FC Virginia, Albion SC confirm U.S. youth development partnership
After months of groundwork, hints and rumors, English Premier League heavyweights Arsenal FC finally announced their new affiliate partnership with U.S. youth clubs FC Virginia and Albion SC San Diego this week.
Residents in D.C. United stadium neighborhood seek benefits package
D.C. United's endless quest for a new, soccer-specific stadium to call home saw a new development on Friday, as the Washington Post reported that residents and community groups in the Buzzard Point neighborhood of Southwest Washington, D.C. have filed a request for a "community benefits agreement" to ensure that the city's proposed stadium plan helps its neighbors.
SW Q&A: Julie Foudy asks, what’s happened to our women’s youth development?
U.S. women's youth national teams have endured a tough year, that has raised troubling questions about the country's developmental system. U.S. Women's National Team legend Julie Foudy was kind enough to share her observations and experiences on this matter in an in-depth conversation with SoccerWire.com.
Potomac area DA-ECNL weekend preview: FCV, McLean set for busy North Carolina trip
The new seasons in the United States Soccer Development Academy (USSDA) and the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) may be entering just their third weekend, but many local teams face a busy couple of days as they prepare for their latest round of matches.
Sporting KC moves atop CCL group with 3-1 win over Deportivo Saprissa on Thursday nigt
Sporting Kansas City moved atop the Group 2 standings in the 2014-15 CONCACAF Champions League with a 3-1 victory over Costa Rica's Deportivo Saprissa at Sporting Park on Thursday.
U.S. WNT defeats Mexico 4-0 in international friendly on Thursday
The U.S. Women's National Team capped off its two-game set against Mexico with a 4-0 victory at Sahlen's Stadium.
Major League Soccer unveils new logo
On Thursday at an event in New York City, Major League Soccer unveiled its new brand identity and MLS Crest.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 09/20/14 FASA’s Pete Cinalli to step down as GM after 12 years of service...
- 09/20/14 Seattle Sounders FC signs Onyekachi Apam
- 09/19/14 Colorado Rapids midfielder Nick LaBrocca suspended one game by MLS Dis...
- 09/19/14 Ghanaian midfielder James Bissue joins Montreal Impact
- 09/18/14 Charlotte Independence to join USL PRO in 2015
- 09/18/14 Everton FC returns to Dr Pepper Dallas Cup
- 09/18/14 New Toronto FC head coach Greg Vanney names coaching staff
- 09/18/14 Columbus Crew midfielder Daniel Paladini undergoes successful leg surg...
- 09/18/14 New York Red Bulls announce renewal of partnership with Long Island Ju...
- 09/18/14 Army-Navy men’s soccer-PPL Park agreement extended to 2017
- 09/16/14 Orlando City SC names tentative MLS roster for 2015
- 09/16/14 Anthony Pulis named Orlando City Academy coach
- 09/16/14 Toronto FC signs academy player Christopher Mannella
- 09/16/14 Boston Breakers midfielder Bianca D’Agostino retires
- 09/15/14 Four players selected off NWSL waiver wire